Guests spreading Disney Magic

HSMndLKfan92

The Force is strong with this one
I was reading MamaOfTwoPrincesses' thread about Cast Members spreading Disney Magic; making a vacation more memorable. This got me thinking.

Have you ever made another guest's vacation more magical, or has another guest made your vacation more magical and memorable?

Feel free to share any stories. :)

I remember when one guest next door was a little loud one night, not really that loud though and they went to our door the next morning saying sorry very nicely.

It made my day :)

My little princess on our first visit to the world was scared to see fantasmic, so my wife and her stayed at the bottom of the hill waiting for me to get done watching the show. We had purchased about 50-60 glow sticks from a dollar store prior to leaving for the trip. anyway, my wife said emily wanted to get every little kid she saw a glow stick, so for the hour or so that fantasmic lasted she handed out glow sticks/necklaces to little kids that were walking past. it was one of the highlights of the trip for her. she still talks about how much fun it was to see the kids happy with the glow sticks. :yay:

Just returned from the Pop. We also brought along some glow necklaces from Wisconsin to use while we were on vacation for the 6 nights, but forgot to use them every day. SO.... my daughter and I decided that since we were on the 4th floor of the 70's building that we would try to throw them down to kids walking past us at 9:00pm. Only 1 family stopped to pick them up. We then went down to the bubbly Goofy fountains to just hand them out to families. Well, I couldn't believe how hard it was to give out 50 free necklaces. I encountered so many people saying no thanks or just walking by my DD7 trying to pass out some Magic....:confused3 Another woman even commented that we should have been on a 20/20 undercover assignment about how people are afraid to take free things, even at Disney. I tried and I hope that I made some childrens night a bit more Magical and fun!:wizard:

I just wanted to say that I had a cast member leave a note on something of mine at the park- everyone with us smiled. Good idea just sort of doing random acts of kindness- guest to guest- sadly that's not how everyone is :confused3 ... Good idea though... I like it.

On the final day of my trip last October, I went to MGM to pass the time until I had to board Magical Express. I went to the information kiosk to make a lunch reservation and when the CM discovered that I was on a solo trip, she handed me a fistful of fast passes that could be used for any attraction at any time.

I was thrilled by her kind gesture and since I knew that I did not have enough time to use all of the passes, I decided that I would have fun doling them out to other guests. I searched for the most haggard looking family I could find, presented them with the fast passes, and wished them a happy day. In return I received a lukewarm thanks (I would have been a bit more effusive if a guest spontaneously gave me something), but I still had fun and left the park with a warm feeling.

There is this wonderful place called Mouse Surplus that sells all kinds of things that Disney wants to get rid of. We were shopping there one day when we came upon these buttons with Tinkerbell on them that say Magical Moment. We keep some in our backpacks and whenever we share a "magical moment" or encounter with someone, we reach in and give them a button and thank them for sharing a magical moment with us. These can be as simple as just sitting and talking to someone while waiting for the parade. We also have given fast passes we have decided not to use away.

We've given FastPasses away and helped lost kids and let people get in front of us and such, just the usual stuff, but we're going to try to do better next time. I watched a little girl stand on a very crowded bus last summer as we headed back to All-Star Sports late one night. She was about six years old, and she stood there bravely holding on at every turn. She never whimpered or complained. She just held her own, and she was about to fall asleep standing straight up. I wished I had some treat to give her to reward her good behavior. Not food, because you never know about that, but just some little something. My daughter and I plan to look for some nice, but still cheap, little goodies to give away on our trip this summer. When/If we see something that we think could brighten a day and add to the magic, we'll ask the parent's permission and then give if it is okay. (Maybe say Mickey had noticed and asked us to give it to them.)

Last June just me and hubby went. I had won one of those free pics for playing the Expedition Everest game. We got 2 fast passes, but hubby decided he didnt want to ride. Well, I went on it twice in a row and I didn't really want the picture with just me and some strangers, so when I got off the ride, I saw a family of 4 looking at their picture from the ride and I handed them my certificate for it. They look dumb founded then got all excited and said thanks :goodvibes

Years ago we had fast passes for RNR at MGM and we decided not to use them (already went on that day) so I walked to the line and handed the 2 tickets to 2 guys and my gosh you would have thought I gave them a milllion dollars.:goodvibes They were last in line with a 90 minute wait.

I like doing that stuff- makes you all warm and fuzzy inside :wizard:

I had forgotten all about the time that I did this, and was so glad your thread reminded me and made me smile. :goodvibes It was during our July 2002 trip, and my DH and I were in one of the counter services, eating our meal. We had purchased our meal with our DP, so I had way too much to eat and couldn't eat the dessert I had gotten with my meal, a Mickey Mouse ice cream bar. I asked my DH what should I do with it, and he said, that I guess I would have to throw it out. I found that such a shame and waste, and began to glance around the room. I noticed a table away, what looked like a mom, grandmother and a little boy. So, I asked the two ladies if it would be okay for me to give this to their little boy, since I was way too stuffed to finish my meal. The little boy's face lit up so big as his mother gave her permission and I felt so good to be able to bring a smile like that to a child's face while at WDW.

I have been to WDW a no. of times...

One of the things my DH and I enjoy doing the most is, buying a big Mickey/Minnie balloon...and finding a child who looks like they would really LOVE it...and giving it to them....with parents permission of course...Its so great to see the face light up over the unexpected surprise....Worth every bit of that $6.

We do the length of stay stroller rentals every year and they never give an incentive for returning them to the counter. Each day as we exit the morning park for our afternoon break we seek out a family to give the stroller too, they are always SO excited, makes us feel good every time!
Lesley

We have done the FP thing, gotten up in busses, and such. The biggest thing I think we did was also the hardest. We purchased an umbrella stroller for our then 5 or 6 year old just for the parks, (with basket and shade covering) and when we were done with the visit we gave it away. Took us about 10 minutes walking around the resort to find someone who wanted it. Found a few groups that were leaving, a couple who just said no, and even the one who took it, at first thought we wanted money for it. They seemed a little in shock. But I'm sure they enjoyed it later.

I gave away a shirt. I had ordered matching shirts for us on our last trip. Disney messed up and sent an extra in a wrong size. I called offering to send it back. they said it wasn't worth it and to keep it. Now DH and I are pooh size and can't wear a medium shirt. I tucked in my bag. Some one asked where we had gotten the shirts and I told them online. DH reminded me about the one in my bag. I pulled it out and handed it to her. She was shocked. It was fun. Then on our last day we had several stroller rental days left. I saw this HUGE line while at MGM waiting to rent strollers it has to be 20 minutes. I walked up to the last couple people in line and handed each of them a day rental. The looks were priceless. Isnt' that what it is about spreading a little magic where you go?:wizard:

With kindness and efforts like these, the YOaMD would be several million dreams/surprises for people at the parks! It teaches kids a lot about sharing, being kind to others, and bringing a smile and gratitude to peoples faces. I think it restores some faith in humanity by the generosity of strangers. It sure beats whining about 'i didn't win anything' that is so prevalent these days. Kudos to everyone who is willing to 'pay it forward' to bring a little magic into a strangers day! I have rarely left the parks that I haven't picked up FP's and handed them to someone just entering. So easy to do and how dumbfounded people are when receiving them.

I have a 4 yr old GD who is NOT big on sharing at all! This year we will make it a point to integrate giving/sharing into our trip. Don't know exactly what it will be but we WILL do something - consistently. As we leave the parks early, I will pass on our stroller (never thought of that one before but it is excellent) I know it will make our trip more magical just bring smiles to someones face.

when we took my then 4yr old DD to Disney for her b-day. We stayed off site and the shuttle bus went on one LONG loop to different hotels. Well it was later hours because of spring break and she was so tired she was hitting that tantrum point, not the best when on a PACKED last bus of the night at like midnight. Anyway someone was awesome and gave us a seat and she was having a fit about not getting her own seat, on and on. I could have died I was so embarassed. But there was a boy about 9 or so standing right next to us(the bus was way over packed) and he just started talking to her and telling her about the parades he saw that day and showing her that he lost 3 teeth while watching a parade and he was so excited that he swallowed one. He just chatted on and on to her the whole ride and kept her so happy. This was 5yrs ago and still stands out as one of our Disney memories. So not as magical as some might think but for us it WAS magic! :goodvibes :goodvibes

We just got back from a 2 week birthday girlfriends trip and gave away about 20 pins from our state. Mostly to CM, but also to a couple other people.
they all seemed to really like them.
DH makes Disney earrings....Tink and Mickey. He gave away about 8 pair while we were there in Oct. It was great fun.
I think these will be traditions from now on with us. ::yes::

When we went to WDW in Nov with our twin DS8's, we brought along some magnets with Canadian "jokes" (like "Canada is cool" with pictures of lots of snow and ice etc.). We gave them away to CM's who helped us - and we could have given away many as there were so many CM's who helped us , especially with our son who has cerebral palsy and was in his wheelchair.

My favourite moment was on Test Track, though. As our group of 4 boarded, the CM's told us they would have us ride twice (transferring DS from w/c was especially tough on TT and they had us ride twice the first time we went on TT also.) This time, the ride was busier, so they filled the "car" with a nice young couple - I wondered if they were honeymooning. We quickly introduced ourselves (they had been watching the transfer with interest). As we entered the station at the end of the ride, I wondered if they'd be allowed to ride again with us. The CM asked us ALL if we'd like to ride again, our boys yelled "YES!" and this couple were so stunned they were silent. Then "you mean we can just ride again?" "We don't have to go out and around and stand in line?" (it had been a 60 minute wait - Jersey Week).

They decided that it had been their lucky day to meet up with us. After the ride, they spent a few minutes talking with all of us. It was so nice to share our special 2:1 ride with people who wre so appreciative.

Ok this may seem dumb - and has nothing to do with Disney exactly - but one night in the laundry room at AKL another mom was done with her laundry for the trip & gave me the rest of her Tide detergent & Downy fabric softener. I was about to pay $4 for it in the machine. Made my night!

Yes, TaraPa, you just WON a dream!!!! Wouldn't it be great to take some of that kind of generous magic home with us??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter