Guests spreading Disney Magic

I had a very wonderful woman help me at DTD. DH and I were waiting in line for a bus back to POP. We were near the front of the line. Somehow a second line started, going in the opposite direction. I'm not one to stress and naively assumed that we would still be able to get on the bus. As I started to climb in a woman actually grabbed me by the back of my shirt and pulled me off the bus. I twisted my ankle something awful and could not get back up. Nobody seemed to care as they all started walking around me to board.

Finally a very nice woman from Australia stopped and help dh get me over to the bench. We waited there for the next bus. The woman waited at the front and when the next bus arrived, she explained what happened so I was able to hobble on before the crowd. When we got off at the resort, she went and got a wheelchair while Dh helped me off the bus.

I am so sorry to hear of behaviour such as this! What even astounds me more is that the others walked around you without even stopping to see if you were okay, if they could help or stop that bus.

We have been both the givers and recievers of WDW magic. We now make sure that we make this part of our trips. We have received fast passes, an extra time to ride on certain rides and had people pay for our snacks. We try to make sure we do the same thing for someone else - given away glow necklaces and princess wands, give up our table during a crowded time at a counter service restaurant, given up a seat on a bus to a weary mom at the end of the day or pass on our fast passes. My kids like to try and come up with creative new things each time to surprise someone. I love my kids! :cloud9:

Last year, we were trying to get a fast pass to Jungle Cruise one afternoon at MK. It was either gone or for a very late time. We were kind of disappointed, then one guest gave us two fast passes, which got us on right away. He said he just didn't want to ride anymore. We thanked him a lot.

In 03, we were in Disney Land. We had a very good spot for viewing the evening parade. When it was starting, I noticed a little girl was standing behind us with the crowd. We scooped over and asked her to sit besides us. After the parade, her parents told her to thank us and we said goodbye to each other. They were already walking away, then the little girl ran back by herself and gave me a big big hug. It was a very sweet moment. I still cherish it to this day.

On our first day at the Magic Kingdom during our latest trip (May 22-31), a family bought our breakfast at Crystal Palace with their unused meal tickets from their DDP. We were just amazed! My dh and I, without even talking about it, decided we would have to do something cool for a family sometime during our trip.

Just as our "dream family" bestowed that wonderful gift during their last day at the park, we also gave a little gift our last day. We got fastpasses for a ride for a family of 4, and the fastpasses were for a time long after we had to leave. So, when a lady came up to me and asked if "Toy Story Mania" was worth the wait--it was opening day, afterall, so the lines were 90 minutes--I asked if she had ever ridden it. She said no, and when she told me she had 2 boys and herself and dh, I was very happy to hand over our fastpasses. I told her to definitely come back that night to ride TSM, and that it was Definitely worth it. Then, our family stood in that 90 minute line and rode TSM--for the ninth time that week. I think we were MUCH happier to have given her the fastpasses than she was--though she had a huge smile on her face when we parted.

That is so cool. We've given away fast passes for Thunder Mtn before. A woman came up and the fast passes were gone. We'd just come off our 4th ride of the day (my kids are obsessed), and we saw this womans bummed expression. We gave her our 4 FPs, she and her husband and kids were so excited. It made us happy to see them so happy.

Having never been to Disney before, I have nothing to add....I just wanted to say that some of these stories are so wonderful, and the ideas so fantastic, our family will be actively seeking ways to spread a little magic when we're at the World in January. :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing everyone!!! :flower3:

When my son and I were getting off ToT, and we had 2 extra FP's I asked him to find somebody to give them too. He was 10 at the time, and he waited until he found another father and son walking to the ride. After giving them the passes, he came back to me and said that was a good feeling. I told him you were "spreading the magic" and he replied that is what Disney is all about.....WOW! my 10yr old understands, we now always get extra FP's just for that purpose.

This Sunday (December 7th) is one of my favorite events to be a part of. Not in Disney Directly, but Disney none the less.

My BIL and S belong to a Mini club (mini coopers). Being the Non-Disney people they are this is the closest they get to the Mouse.

I first joined them in 2006 in the Mini's Make a Wish Toy Run - (Part of the make a wish foundation). Each year it grows and this year there will be over 60 Mini coopers making the ride to the Make a Wish Foundation in RI. It is a sight to behold to see these little cars stuffed with toys for the run.

This year I have decided to empashise my LOVE of Disney and donate Disney Gift cards with a stuffed Mickey instead of toys.

Since I have been blessed to have visited the Mouse so much this year, I wanted to share that with someone who might not ever have the chance.

We decided to park hop one afternoon, and leave DHS.

We had ridden TSM and also got fast passes, which we didn't use. As we approached the front gate, we found a young couple that was just coming in (so we knew they didn't already have FP, and also knew they weren't going to get them that day) and gave our FP to them explaining that we couldn't use them.

I don't think they totally understood the FP concept, so we also explained it to them a little. I hope we made their day.

A CM had given us 9 (yes 9) fastpasses to TSM and we already had 2, so after we rode twice, we found 2 (4 person) families who had just walked up to TSM only to find the wait time at 100 minutes and no more FP available. The looks on their faces were priceless, such a great way to end the day. We also gave away an extra FP to EE at AK.

DD and I were in WDW back in October and we had several of these little magic moments happen to us too!

We were waiting for Spectro one night and a family next to us gave DD a Mickey bar.

At Animal Kingdom we sat next to a man and woman (who I know are on here somewhere) and were just enjoying talking with them. She and I talked about all the magic and we were both crying. The man with her works for DVC and he got into his bad and got DD out a DVC pin for her lanyard.

While waiting to get into DHS the cm at the gate gave DD a Tink pin.

And my absolute most magical moment came from a cm at Exposition Hall. The photographer for my DDs BBB session was finished taking photos and I was in line to see her pictures. That is when the parade started coming through. DD was standing at the window watching and begging to go see it again. I kept explaining to her she couldn't go outside without me. The cm approached me and asked if it would be ok if he stood on the porch with her so she could see. I said it would be fine as long as he was sure he did not mind. When I turned to check on her, she was holding his hand and he was pointing out all of the characters to her on the floats. It wasn't anything anyone gave to us, but the fact that this man was kind enough to take the time to let my baby watch the parade with him made our first trip extremely memorable. She still talks about him!

Another moment didn't happen to us but it will be forever in my memory. We were in Epcot waiting to meet Dopey and a child in front of us was in a wheelchair and it was obvious she was blind as well. When she went up to meet him he hugged her and then her took her little hands in his and slowly moved them all over his face so she could touch him. He took a very long time with her and he never let go of her hands. There was not a dry eye in that line. I know that it was a simple gesture but to witness it firsthand was the most magical moment of all!!!

This past week we were lucky enough to be in Disney World. We brought tons of glow in the dark bracelets to share with the kids. It was fun to hand them out to the kids waiting for the parades. I always asked the parents permission first and was very surprised at how skeptical they were. It was as if I was offering their children an open candy bar or something. Regardless...I had FUN!! We always tried to offer the Disney magic to others whenever we could and received some bus seats, etc. along the way.

We were there Nov. 9-22. We have never gotten any dream fastpasses or anything from the dream team. It doesn't matter though because we always have a great time. This trip though we were given dream fastpasses two different times, by two different families.

The one time it was a lady who gave them to us. It was early in the day at DHS. A lady came up to my DS 12 and I, and asked us if we wanted two dream fastpasses. That meant so much to my DS. He was ecstatic!!! That kindess will not ever be forgotten.

The next time was in MK sometime in the evening. It was a MVMCP night so we knew we would have to leave the park at 7:00 pm. A family of four had used some of the passes, but not all of them. Again, this meant so much to my kids. We were able to go on Splash Mt., BTRR, Pooh, and Peter Pan. There would have been no way we could have done all those rides in the time we had left without those passes. Again, this kindness and generosity will always be special for my family.

I had so many people offer me their seat on busses so I could hold my twins. (Not that I ever expect it) It was just people being kind.

We had a family give us their FP for Soarin. They had just rode it, but were leaving the park. They actually went over to the FP machine, and put their tickets in just to get us their FP.

The next time we were at Epcot, we had someone give us 4 FP for Soarin, and we didn't need them so my DS 12 had a fun time giving them to two different couples.

Normally I'm more like Grumpy than Snow White, but being at Disney brings out the better, more patient, less snarky person in me.

I just returned tonight and I think I did my bit to spread the magic and had some magic given to me as well.

At my first MVMCP I planned ahead and got a good seat at Twas the Night, and just before showtime a man joined his family and sat down and pretty much blocked much of my view. I noticed the little girl sitting next to me had climbed onto her mom's lap and I asked if I could scoot over a bit until the girl wanted to sit on the bench again. They agreed and I got to see most of the show before the girl got tired of her mother's lap. As we were exiting, I thanked her for sharing and offered her any one of my pins from my lanyard and one for her brother too if he wanted (I know sib. rivalry). She was so thrilled to pick one of Aurora since she'd lost a princess pin earlier that day.

I also gave a pin to a little boy who lost his Buzz pin and gave up my front row seat for pirates to a family with young kids who wanted the first row (I had the row to myself as a solo traveler).

A long time ago at Disneyland, I offered a spot on the curb to a young girl next to my niece for the parade.

Disney brings out the better in me, for sure, since most of the time I'm a real evilqueen-witch:goodvibes

When we were on our honeymoon this year at WDW we got talking to a man who works at the pin badge stall at DHS (the little cart one) and he ended up spreading the magic by giving me two tinkerbell pin badges, one to keep and one to give away. So later teh same day over at MK we were just by BTM and a kind lady gave me her two fast passes that she no longer needed, I thanked her and started walking away. Then suddenly remembered that I had the pin badge to spread teh magic, so I quickly walked back to her and asked if she collected pin badges. She said yes and I gave her teh tinkerbell one. She was over the moon as her young daughter had been looking for a tinkerbell badge all day and didn't find one. I felt so good for spreading a little magic and because she had been so kind to me I really thought she was the perfect person to give it too!

Just got back last night. Got to spread some magic, it felt great!! We had 3 FP to EE (Got up to board the ride and couldn't find them in my pocket, CM let us on anyway) Finally found them in my bag when we got off. We got to give them to a man and his son and then he grabbed his wife and dragged her on.:rotfl2:
I also for some reason ended up with extra like 5 extra CS (We weren't charged for a bunch of CS meals, I have to look at the receipts but I don't know why we ended up with so many left over, weird!) I really had to try to give them away. One family said "it sounds like a scam, no thanks" and one family said they "weren't interested". Free food people! Seriously. I was glad the last family didn't take them, because they were making some pretty racist comments when I walked away. Finally was able to give 3 away @ Yak & Yeti to a dad and his two kids. They wouldn't let me give them away at Wolfgang puck express on our last day. Said we had to wake 3 hours to use the card again? I think the cashier made that up. She was grumpy.

Anyways, Felt great to spread a little magic. :wizard:

The Cast Members are always doing something to add to the wonderful experience.

We went for my parents' anniversary one year, and at the Contemporary, where we were staying, someone came to the door and dropped off a card, picture frame, and balloon. I was in the shower, yelling out to my parents, 'WHO WAS IT?' Probably one of the quickest showers in my life, I got out there fast to 'ooh' and 'aah' over it.

Then last year was a celebration for my 18th birthday/graduation from high school, so we went and everywhere we went to eat, they sang to me and brought me dessert. At Tony's Town Square, I clearly remember a vanilla ice cream with rainbow Mickey head sprinkles AND a strawberry smoothie!

Disney never fails to amaze me.

Edit: I noticed this was for GUESTS spreading the magic. I'm sorry.

Last May.. . I was in DCA. my daughter with her broken ankle .. sitting in a wheelchair.. cast n all.. haha.. we just got finished being chased around from the talking trashcan.. hahah and decided to take a small break .. I wondered into the Restroom to wash my hands.. where a teenage girl was tending to her little brothers skinned knee.. . I always have my small first aid kit with me... sooo I opend it up.. and whoo hoo.. dug out my handydandy MickyMouse Buzzlightyear Disney Bandaid assortment... ..the boy smiled.. I asked if which one he wanted.. .. ohhhhh really?? yess.s.. I said.. He chose one of Mickey... . and just grinned as his sister put it on the ****oo. .. I handed him a few extra.... told him they were just in case he started to have too much fun he might need a few more..
When I went outside... the sister came over and thanked me... she was a bit frustrated since she was in charge for the afternoon ... In my backpack I had packed a few extra rice crispy snacks.. .. asked if she would like to give one to her brother since he was such a big boy.. she was soo happy...... she thanked me.. I simply said... Disneyland is made for magic... no matter how it arrives... .. and walked away.. with a big grin...

DBF and I were eating at Crystal Palace for breakfast and struck up a conversation with the family sitting next to us. They all had the dream fastpass lanyards around their necks and I asked how they were awarded them and they said they were just handing a bunch out to people on the way in. I congratulated them on their good luck and went to get my food.

When I came back we all got to talking again and the woman takes her and her husband's lanyards and hands them to us!!! :cool1: She said they were actually leaving the park in a bit to fly home and wanted us to have a great time. I was so happy I almost started crying (which my boyfriend still hasn't let me live down!). I still have the lanyards (well, what's left of them after the few fastpasses we ended up using) hanging on the wall in my Disney Room at home.

THANK YOU KIND PEOPLE!!! You truely made my trip!! :yay:

We just got back from a great trip 12/5 - 12/14. On Monday the 8th we arrived at DHS at 9am and went right to TSM. I got fastpasses as my wife and kids got on the standby line(ds7 dd5 ds1). As we got off thw ride we won 5 dream fastpasses. My son wanted to go on Star Tours so we went there next and as we sat in our seats the entire car won dream fastpasses. We now had ten dream fastpasses! The lines we so small on most of the rides we only needed them for TSM. By six o'clock I realized we had not even used 3 of the dream fastpases so my wife and I picked a family of 3 we had seen walking toward TOT and RR. We asked if they liked rides and told them our story and gave them the passes. They were very happy and thanked us. We headed to TSM one last time and as we walked over we ran into them again heading for TSM also. We then found the fastpasses we got in the morning and waited by the standby line for someone to walk up and not know there was a 60 minute wait. We gave this couple the passes and they were very excited to go they hugged my wife. It was all well worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter