Gulf State Park Dismeet 2018: Sand, Sun, and Puzzles...

I would like to come down just for the viewing. Are there bleacher seats available? I don't need directions, I'll just follow the big yeller' truck :drive:

My campsite is on the corner, as is Ed's opposite of me. I can offer limited seating on the roof of mine if needed. You can also see if Ed is willing to let you use his roof, but if you do then be advised you'll automatically be adding yourself to the viewing spectacle. Maybe it could be a game. Automatic membership if you're able to climb to the top of Ed's A-liner.

Jimmy,

I'm in for next year. I'm only missing this year because of a big project at work and had to post pone to September. I will be doing some condo/house shopping this year and probably next. Planning ahead for retirement in a decade or so.

j

I figured you'd just buy a bigger truck and camper. Perhaps a huge Class A.

Having met Jimmy/4077,

I am willing to sponsor his membership as a Junior Member of the Gulf Region DIS-Meet to the Membership Committee WHENEVER THAT DAY COMES. First visits are on an evaluation basis and ultimately the recommendation of the Membership Committee is passed up to the Senior Leadership Council for final consideration.

Some members are automatically passed through due to their age, Fort experience, or college affiliation. But given his Junior (young) standing, he has a chance.

Bama Ed

PS - Jimmy, if you can cook, the SLC can be swayed. They think with their heads but they vote with their stomachs. :rolleyes:

We always invite new cooks. It's interesting sometimes as we have recently found "new foods" prepared from a different region of the US. Funny how you can take the same item, ribs for example, and cook them based on different regional preferences and get a new twist on things.

@4077 pictures from out the cockpit already earned him my backing. That, and he's a fan of the Airplane movies so SHIRLEY that must guarantee you get in.

No pressure though.
1*hZ_U3FBOiQGdTQfZsigxJg.gif

Last edited:
Well it is now official, We have to back out this year. I got a call this morning from our repair place and as of right now it looks like we won't get our coach back much earlier than 8 June it seems last of the parts came in and are wrong so I would end up with the primary storage bays wide open. Called GSP and rescheduled for 2019 Golly Gosh Darnit I so wanted to tag team ole Al E Gator in the Rasslin Ring with Tiggerdad

Having met Jimmy (4077) I can say he is a great guy and will fit right in with our group. I second his membership application. Jimmy several of us are already reserved for next year. I am pretty sure this thing will go on and on. It's within an hour of my house and the timing is right after school lets out so it's a nice reward for the kids to get away for a week and decompress. Hopefully it will only get bigger and next year already is looking good.

Well it is now official, We have to back out this year. I got a call this morning from our repair place and as of right now it looks like we won't get our coach back much earlier than 8 June it seems last of the parts came in and are wrong so I would end up with the primary storage bays wide open. Called GSP and rescheduled for 2019 Golly Gosh Darnit I so wanted to tag team ole Al E Gator in the Rasslin Ring with Tiggerdad

Wow Mike. Is your RV STILL not fixed properly? This has been dragging on for months.

I'm glad you pushed out your reservation. See you in 2019!

ED

Wait...what!? Ah dang!
Man I hate to hear this. Was really looking forward to meeting up with you.

Don't worry on the wrastling. Typically, if it's a good match, they usually book a "Part 2".

Of course, cargo bays are overrated anyway and you could cruise without them. Give the other motorists something to look at.

Wow Mike. Is your RV STILL not fixed properly? This has been dragging on for months.

I'm glad you pushed out your reservation. See you in 2019!

ED
Big part of the problem is that while the RV is done in this country most of the body parts are made overseas and it is a min. of 6 weeks from order to delivery. We have 2 places here that do RV work and only one of them is worth my time and money the other place tried to tell us that cutting back on water feed tube for ice maker was fixing it only when I checked it it was broken again

Wait...what!? Ah dang!
Man I hate to hear this. Was really looking forward to meeting up with you.

Don't worry on the wrastling. Typically, if it's a good match, they usually book a "Part 2".

Of course, cargo bays are overrated anyway and you could cruise without them. Give the other motorists something to look at.
Same on meeting up side here just have plan on even better adventures next year.
Make sure you don't hurt them Gators too much want them to come for a rematch
Cargo bay doors very important I don't want to sleep in an unsecured space if my wife gets unhappy with me I have cheap Irish skin that skeeters love

FtW Mike, hate to hear that, I too was looking forward to meeting up with you and having you take part in our lawbreaking activities, always looking forward to next year!

Tick tock everybody almost time! I will also be sitting there waiting and watching for big bird pull in!

Well this week I got the Jackalopee installed. For those who do not know it converts the truck lights which are single signal to combination signal for the RV. I need to work on installing the brake controller this weekend. It is then time to get the hitch installed. As Randy reminded me the clock is running.:hourglass

FtW Mike, hate to hear that, I too was looking forward to meeting up with you and having you take part in our lawbreaking activities, always looking forward to next year!

Tick tock everybody almost time! I will also be sitting there waiting and watching for big bird pull in!
Randy have to admit I was looking forward to meeting up with you as well. You and Tiggerdad are the stuff of legends the way I see it. But Mind you I subscribe to the LeRoy Jethro Gibbs Rules and # 16 says Bend the Line Don't Break it But it is a lot more flexible you thunked

PaHunter, are you going to install some type of full fender kit? I know you said you are eventually going to get the yellow bird singled up, the drive wheels throwing rocks up at the front of the 5er is one of my concerns.

As far as the alligator wrestling involving @tiggerdad last week I deliver chicken in south Florida, and 3 cases have ended up in my freezer so we will have plenty to tie around his waist, this should make it a little bit more entertaining.

PaHunter, are you going to install some type of full fender kit? I know you said you are eventually going to get the yellow bird singled up, the drive wheels throwing rocks up at the front of the 5er is one of my concerns.

As far as the alligator wrestling involving @tiggerdad last week I deliver chicken in south Florida, and 3 cases have ended up in my freezer so we will have plenty to tie around his waist, this should make it a little bit more entertaining.

SouthAlabama5er, I have looked at full fender kits, I was also concerned about rocks being launched at the trailer. Have to check tomorrow and see about getting a set on order, hope to have time to install. Most likely going with a plastic set, nothing fancy.
Just got my direclink brake controller wired in today, so good to go on that front. Now to get the hitch mounted. 17 days and we roll southbound !!

I replaced a tire tube in DW's bike today. Will be oiling the chain and bike in general next. The ONLY place she rides it is at Gulf. At home, no way. At Gulf, she loves it. :confused3

Did I read earlier that PaHunter's truck will be named, "Big Bird"?

Tick tock everybody almost time! I will also be sitting there waiting and watching for big bird to pull in!

130704041635-sesame-street-muppet-big-bird-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

20180427_114237_dis-size-1-jpg.319771

::yes:: yeah, I can see the resemblance.

Bama Ed

PS - I relate to Oscar the Grouch.

Oh yeah! Got any gizzards?
AshamedBlindAnteater-small.gif

Hey Randy why ruin the fun. The Gators will figure out quickly that the sooner they tap out the faster they get a snack before the week is out they will tap at the sight of him

I replaced a tire tube in DW's bike today. Will be oiling the chain and bike in general next. The ONLY place she rides it is at Gulf. At home, no way. At Gulf, she loves it. :confused3

Did I read earlier that PaHunter's truck will be named, "Big Bird"?

130704041635-sesame-street-muppet-big-bird-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

20180427_114237_dis-size-1-jpg.319771

::yes:: yeah, I can see the resemblance.

Bama Ed

PS - I relate to Oscar the Grouch.

Well she has been named, and I will not spoil all the surprise's before the big meet. There have been a few decal additions since this picture was taken. Just remember, there is always room for one more.
Well I have been lucky, got the grass mowed and some work done on the truck. Rain moving in now, so back inside for some other projects. Need to get going on the hitch project, so we can tow the trailer.

How difficult is it to get anything past the 25th? I can get the 20th till the 25th right now, but they say nothing past that. Is it a call each day and check thing?

How difficult is it to get anything past the 25th? I can get the 20th till the 25th right now, but they say nothing past that. Is it a call each day and check thing?

Memorial Day Weekend it usually full down there. There is a waiting list, if the place is full you can get on a waiting list and as sites open due to cancellations then they add folks on. At least that's the way they were handling it last year. You have to book the sites early on weekends like this. The whole of Gulf Shores and Orange Beach are absolutely swamped the weekend of Memorial Day. This is typically why several of us do not venture out from the campground on the weekend because it is so crowded.

SouthAlabama5er, Ordered a full fender set, poly (plastic). Should arrive by the 16th, and I will be installing before the trip. Should protect the trailer front at least. Would like to replace my headlights also, they stink, but not sure I will get time to attend to that before the trip.
Hoping to get a shop to install my hitch for me this week or next at the latest. Have an inquiry in to a local shop, hope to hear from them in the morning.

I almost got the grill out and cleaned it today.

I just about went ahead and washed the camper.

I nearly took the sheets off the beds to get them washed.

I came close to changing the oil in the truck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter