Hakuna Matata Team Challenge Hours/Miles

I think the hanging upside down would be fun and feel good.

Just in from a 7 miler, felt good. We have the ING Atlanta half at the end of this month, maybe unless work gets in the way. Lynn is out on the same course (I think) with the pups. Kinda wierd as the wind stoped???

Clean up and off to the and off to Home Depot to look at bath fixtures, oh what fun LOL...

Kathy, I am lucky that I get 1 hour a day to work out, when we can squeeze it in, as I have a PT requirement and testing twice a year.

Ft. Collins 5K here we come on 5/15.

What a wonderful five mile run today! And why you may ask? Well mainly because something different was sited on this run; a school of young stingrays! I have no clue where the adult stingrays were, didn't really care since I was safe and sound on the bridge :rotfl:!

Dave - Glad to see you are healing well, and having multiple great work outs!

Connie - woo-hoo, very happy that you are getting your strength back and was able to get a few miles in today. Have fun "hanging" around :rotfl:!

Scott & Lynn, those macadamia pancakes sounds delicious!

Bunnyfoo - How's your calf doing today?

Denise - Have a safe and fun trip to Disney. The weather is pretty fantastic for the next few days :cool1:!

Cindy - sorry to hear you have another cold. I would suggest a nice shot of whiskey to boost the immune system, but well, ah, maybe not :confused3. None-the-less, feel better soon :hug:

Donna

OK, I've packed my stuff including my workout gear to walk around BW. I have my pedometer to make sure I record all my miles. It should be interesting. My idea of this vacation is to sit by the pool and sip a pink umbrella drink so I'm not sure how many miles I'll get in besides my morning jaunts.

Behave all and keep Dave in line......well at least on THIS thread.

TTFN, I'll post in a week. We return late Friday night.

denise

I'm getting ready to go to the mall and walk a bit while I wait for my pretty princess to get off. Our regular sunday routine is to go to breakfast together when she gets off on sunday morning since her work week is over.

I'm not in a real festive mood today since I have the dental adventure tomorrow. So I will just post something that a friend sent me this morning:

Comments made in the year 1955!
That's only 53 years ago!

"I'll tell you one thing, if things keep going the way they are, it's going to be impossible to buy a week's groceries for $20.00."

"Have you seen the new cars coming out next year? It won't be long before $2,000.00 will only buy a used one."

"If cigarettes keep going up in price, I'm going to quit. A quarter a pack is ridiculous.

"Did you hear the post office is thinking about charging a dime just to mail a letter?"

"If they raise the minimum wage to $1.00, nobody will be able to hire outside help at the store."

"When I first started driving, who would have thought gas would someday cost 29 cents a gallon. Guess we'd be better off leaving the car in the garage."

"Kids today are impossible. Those duck tail hair cuts make it impossible to stay groomed. Next thing you know, boys will be wearing their hair as long as the girls."

"I'm afraid to send my kids to the movies any more. Ever since they let Clark Gable get by with saying DAMN in GONE WITH THE WIND, it seems every new movie has either HELL or DAMN in it."

"I read the other day where some scientist thinks it's possible to put a man on the moon by the end of the century. They even have some fellows they call astronauts preparing for it down in Texas ."

"Did you see where some baseball player just signed a contract for $75,000 a year just to play ball? It wouldn't surprise me if someday they'll be making more than the President."

"I never thought I'd see the day all our kitchen appliances would be electric. They are even making electric typewriters now."

"It's too bad things are so tough nowadays. I see where a few married women are having to work to make ends meet."

"It won't be long before young couples are going to have to hire someone to watch their kids so they can both work."

"Marriage doesn't mean a thing any more, those Hollywood stars seem to be getting divorced at the drop of a hat."

"I'm afraid the Volkswagen car is going to open the door to a whole lot of foreign business."

"Thank goodness I won't live to see the day when the Government takes half our income in taxes. I sometimes wonder if we are electing the best people to congress."

"The drive-in restaurant is convenient in nice weather, but I seriously doubt they will ever catch on."

"There is no sense going to Lincoln or Omaha anymore for a weekend. It costs nearly $15.00 a night to stay in a hotel."

"No one can afford to be sick anymore, at $35.00 a day in the hospital it's too rich for my blood."

"If they think I'll pay 50 cents for a hair cut, forget it."

I'm feeling my age today so I thought this was appropiate. I do remember even in 1969 when I started smoking, a pack was 25 cents and a gallon of gas was 25 cents. I found it interesting over the years that gas and cigarettes seemed to keep pace with each other.

When I was a teenager I would get paid from my job, fill the 22 gallon tank of my 62 chevy, buy a cartoon of cigarettes for the week and have $5 left to take my girlfriend out on a date. A date then was much cheaper. A dollar would buy burgers, fries and drinks and the Dairy Dip and the drive in movie was a $1.00 a car load.

See y'all in a few days. Wish me luck.

Dave

Well yesterday it was 67 and sunny, just a little wind. Last night the wind picked up to 57MPH and now it is overcast snowing and wind averaging 25. Must say we picked a good day to do the taxes.

Best of luck on your dentist visit Dave. Please say hello to Erica.

Just logged another 6 miles today.

Connie, my month total for February was 72.7 in case you want to compare to the spreadsheet.

Team - I'll try to do better this month and log more miles.

Happy Sunday!

Donna

Dave we are all sending you :goodvibes

Was able to do my 10 1/4 miles outside today - oh, my what a mess! Now we not only have snow, slush, and ice, but huge water puddles. :sad2:
I came home soaked with toes that looked like raisins.

Hi Team!!!!

Connie you'll see a couple of miles from last week and good news.... 12.5 miles between Sat/Sun so far this week!!! I'm hoping those miles will keep my mood high and the push to hit the gym after work on Tues/Wed.

We lucked out in our park this weekend. Saturday was cold thanks to the wind blowing thru it but at least the paths were for the most part dry and clear allowing for some running so 6 miles at a 15:02 avg/pace. Not too bad since I haven't been out much and it was my first 6 miler in 2008. Today was a bit slower as we were chatting and since we did it in the morning the paths were still quite slippery but managed to get in 6.5 miles.

Hope this new week treats everyone well and that the training goes wonderfully!!!!

Ok Dear Team, since I'm in slug mode for a bit I'm sending you a little fire ball, please welcome your new team mate Kewz1, or you can call her Kristin, she is married to that made marathon machine Z.

Recruiter Panda:hippie:

Welcome Kristin!

Dave - good luck with the dental adventure tomorrow.

We had good weather on Saturday, and both Scott and I got in our walk/run. Today was really ugly, and we dedicated to working on taxes. It is supposed to be a fairly good week, I think, so hopefully we will get some more miles in.

Welcome, Kristin and Sue :goodvibes

I am behind on reporting in :upsidedow

2/26 bike 7.3 miles in 30 minutes
2/27 mill 2.9 miles in 47 minutes
2/28 bike 7.5 miles in 30 minutes
2/29 bike 7.8 miles in 30 minutes
3/01 6.4 mile run in 81 minutes incl cooldown
3/02 bike 5.0 miles in 20 minutes

Good luck with the dental procedure, brave Panda :flower3:

I have about an hour before I have to leave so thought I'd stop in and say hi. I need something to take my mind off of it. Didn't sleep much last night so maybe the sedation will put me right out.:)

I'm hoping to lose a few lbs here while my mouth is to sore to eat. I will be ready to attack and kill and big burger when it's all healed.

The worst thing about it right this minute is that it's a beautiful warm sunny day out, the first in a long time and I can't go on a long walk in it. Maybe the weather will hold out a couple of days and I can enjoy it.

I'm going to try and at least do some stretching this evening or tomorrow. I've been good about that. The achillies is still sore as soon as I get out of bed or if I sit for a long time but then it warms up nicely and feels ok.

Everyone needs to put in an extra mile this week to cover for the wounded Panda. Our new Pretty Princess Kristen will be a big help.

Have an awesome day y'all.

Liquid diet Panda:hippie:

I will put a mile in for you this morning, Dave. It is cold, but I plan to head out for our walk (me and the dogs) before the wind picks up. There is a high wind warning for tonight, wind should pick up all day, and be in the 50-60 mph range by tonight. We will be thinking about you, and wishes for fast recoverypixiedust:

Happy Monday everyone! Welcome Kristen!!

Hope things go well at the dentist for you Dave! I don't know about the extra mile but I'm willing to eat an extra burger for you ;) Just kidding!!

I sat out Saturday to give my calf a little bit of a break but I ran yesterday and I'm now at 11 min intervals. Yay!! I was feeling a little discouraged and burned out last week but I was really excited to see the mileage I put in. I'm definitely going to try and make up for Saturday either today or tomorrow. I'm also really encouraged by all of the miles everyone is logging... Hoping to catch up to everyone eventually!

A fast drive by for me!

Welcome Kristin!!

Dave is home and sleeping. He was so sure that the sedation was not going to work! Everybody stopped by his cuticle and had a chuckle over his not sleep snoring!

Erica

LOL Thanks for the update, Erica! We have all been sending Dave Sleeping Pixie dust! Glad to hear it worked!! :lmao:

:welcome: Kristin! Good luck on making those miles and hours! Our week begins on Friday and ends on Thursday. Please send me a PM with your totals and I will get you posted to the board! :goodvibes I am the captain of Team Hakuna Matata, :sail: and apparantly the parental supervision, which as far as I can tell, just means that I am the one who has to figure out how to get Pandas and others out of hot water! :stir:

Btw, please introduce yourself so we can get to know you better!

Everybody!!! Alert!! Alert!!

New Rules in the Game!

We added the 29th onto last week and now our weeks will be running Saturday through Friday. If you didn't get the 29th in with your total for last week, just add it in on this week's total. That way, I don't have to go back in and change EVERYBODY'S numbers. If you included the 29th into the month of February, please don't repeat it. :sad2:

WithDisneySpirit, I have your totals right! :confused3 I don't know why, but I do!

:thanks: Erica for sending us an update on the snoring Panda!

Welcome Kristin!
:cheer2:

Connie, I just added Friday, Feb 29th into the first week of March - will adjust my spreadsheet tracking to the New Rules :thumbsup2

Did 10.24 miles Sunday afternoon. The weather was nice but the sidewalks, paths, etc were terrible. Lots of snow, slush, ice, and huge water puddles! Came home soaked. But still is was so nice to be able to get outside :yay:

Hello Hakuna Matata!
Just popping over to send Dave some pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

It must be awfully quiet around here without him.....

Here's hoping he will be a quickly recovering panda.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter