halloween horror nights for next year (2014)

hi! I was looking at hours the last week of this past October and saw most nights the park closes at 5pm. There were a few for 8 pm. Are those later nights for the Halloween horror nights? Also is the Halloween night an extra fee, and if so what time do day park goers need to leave by? And finally....is there any rhyme to when they schedule the Halloween nights typically! Thanks :)

hi! I was looking at hours the last week of this past October and saw most nights the park closes at 5pm. There were a few for 8 pm. Are those later nights for the Halloween horror nights? Also is the Halloween night an extra fee, and if so what time do day park goers need to leave by? And finally....is there any rhyme to when they schedule the Halloween nights typically! Thanks :)

Halloween Horror Nights is the premier Halloween event in the country.The nights you see Universal close at 5pm are the nights HHN is held.They basically clear out the park and transform the park with props and actors for the event.Those who were in the park and have tickets for HHN can stay in a specially designated area called Stay and Scream which is usually the street by Finnegan's.If you were at Islands of Adventure you can also hop over to Universal via a backstage area.This is a hard ticket event that is a separate ticket from the day,many dates sell out as the event is very popular.The event usually runs on non peak nights until 1am or midnight and on peak nights until 2am.The event usually starts around September 22-23 and days are usually Thursday thru Sunday with a few Wednesdays towards the end of the October.Fridays and Saturdays are considered the peak nights.

So if we are avoiding the Halloween night, it sounds like planning for a Monday to be at Universal Studios would be a good thing?

Yes...Halloween is not on Monday this year so the park will stay open later.

I meant the HalloweenNight party . :thumbsup2 sounds like planning to go on a Monday would have us avoid the party goers and other heavier crowds in the daytime. I am going the 22 to 31 of Oct. thinking the 27th may be the best day to plan to go to US.

Thanks for this thread! My non-Disney loving daughter (gasp) is really bugging me to go to this. I know nothing so trying to learn as much as I can!

I have gone 9 years in a row to HHN, I always go the middle weekend of October, which includes my flight in on Friday afternoon. I hope you enjoy it.

My soon-to-be 14 year old DD is dying to go, too. Is that an okay age?

Totally depends on the child.

It is not just the scares though, it is very adult themed too so it depends how comfortable you are with that.

My son was 13 first time we went and he wasn't phased at all with anything......he particularly liked the "blood cocktail girls" :lmao: but we have seen some uncomfortable scenes with younger kids around the parks.

I do wish they had an age limit on it, as every year we see kids in strollers and toddlers and it always ends in tears when they are that young.

But at 14 you know your daughter best :thumbsup2

This will be our first time going to HHN it will be me, my husband, 7 yr old twins and my eldest daughter and her BF. We always wanted to go and this year we get the chance, we just hope there will be a walking dead theme and resident evil theme since we loves those. We are staying at the HRH from Oct 25th- 30th then on to Disney. Any advice or input on how it will be at that time.

Hello , my family and I will be staying on sight at the HRH for the first time this Oct from the 25th -30th and I was wondering just for an idea of what I will be spending how much were the HHN tickets in 2013? And are there regular tickets, fast pass and or VIP tickets? Just wondering what the difference is between the tickets and what the prices are so I know what I will spend in the next few months.

Hello , my family and I will be staying on sight at the HRH for the first time this Oct from the 25th -30th and I was wondering just for an idea of what I will be spending how much were the HHN tickets in 2013? And are there regular tickets, fast pass and or VIP tickets? Just wondering what the difference is between the tickets and what the prices are so I know what I will spend in the next few months.
There's no way of knowing what ticket prices will be for HHN 2014. You can figure there will be an increase over 2013 but no one knows by how much. I can give you the passholder prices from this past year but I don't remember the general public prices.

Single admission for one night ranged from $38.99 to $69.99 plus tax...depending on the night of the week.

Frequent Fear Pass (good for every off-peak night which is Sunday and Thursday was $70.99 plus tax.

Frequent Fear Plus (which adds Fridays) was $85.99 plus tax.

Rush of Fear Pass (good for the first ten nights) was about $70.00 plus tax.

Express Passes were very expensive last year. They ran anywhere from $35.99 to close to $90.00 plus tax.

Onsite hotel guests do NOT receive unlimited Express to HHN since its a hard ticket event. Onsite guests DO receive early admission at 5pm but that's it.

Having an annual pass (Preferred or Premier) really saves money for HHN tickets. There is no other discount available except for FL resident which has to be used by residents only.

More information will be available in the summer.

One other thing...seven is a little young for HHN so consider carefully before spending money on the tickets. HHN is nothing like Disney's Halloween party. Its blood and guts and in your face scares. If your twins can handle it, fine...but if not you will have spent a lot of money for nothing.

We have thought about it with the twins and they do not get scared at all at anything we have watched so I assume they will be okay for this event. We can at least try and if it doesn't work out then we will have to go I am not worried about he money .. and thank you for the prices I was getting a AP for discounts and such so this will help with buying tickets for my family at least now I have a ballpark of what the prices will be.

We have thought about it with the twins and they do not get scared at all at anything we have watched so I assume they will be okay for this event. We can at least try and if it doesn't work out then we will have to go I am not worried about he money .. and thank you for the prices I was getting a AP for discounts and such so this will help with buying tickets for my family at least now I have a ballpark of what the prices will be.
:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter