Hanging up my running shoes

Yay for Sophie showing an interest in running!
It's definitely going to be hard to find the balance between encouraging her and overwhelming her. I think it's a good idea to let her set the pace & timing - make sure she knows you're interested if she ever wants to run with you, but let her come to you. Just make sure she knows it's an option (and there is a Disney trip waiting at the end!)

Congrats on getting your Unicorn! That's awesome, and it's such a fun shirt!

Yay!!! I saw that listing yesterday! Those shirts don't come up very often for re-sale! Congrats!

It shipped priority yesterday. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Yay for Sophie showing an interest in running!
It's definitely going to be hard to find the balance between encouraging her and overwhelming her. I think it's a good idea to let her set the pace & timing - make sure she knows you're interested if she ever wants to run with you, but let her come to you. Just make sure she knows it's an option (and there is a Disney trip waiting at the end!)

Congrats on getting your Unicorn! That's awesome, and it's such a fun shirt!

Of course, she's said not one peep about running again since. :D I'll just let it ride for now. LOL

Congrats on your successful hunt.
Thanks!

Love that shirt!

For Sophie, maybe just passively say something like "Hey, I was thinking about going out for a short run tonight, you're welcome to come if you'd like!" Keeps it low pressure, but shows her that you're down to have company if she's up for it, and subtly shows support for her getting out there, too (in case she needs it). I think you're totally fine to let it ride, too, but I was the type of kid who was fine to "tag along" to things that someone was already doing, but was weary of asking people to adjust their busy schedules for me.

THE HEAT IS ON!
Training 7/16 - 7/22

giphy.gif

Sunday 7/16 - Rest day today mostly spent in the car driving home from Kansas City. Took things nice and easy and glad to be home again!
Monday 7/17 - Track work. 4 cadence drills/4 acceleration gliders/16x400 (10k pace). Yeah, it's a lot of running in circles, but I find I don't really mind it all that much. Pacing right where we should have been.
dug%2Bplay%2Bbow%2Brunning%2Bin%2Bcircles.gif

Tuesday 7/18 - 6 mile maintenance run. 2:00/30 intervals and overall pace 10:50. Good run - nothing exciting to see here. Yoga in the evening as well. Puts me to sleep like a baby. :D
200.gif

Wednesday 7/19 - Still no core strength workouts. :rolleyes1
Thursday 7/20 - Plan was for 6 mile run, but Chris had an early meeting, so we had to cut it short at 5 miles. Solid run though. 2:00/:30 average pace 10:46.
Friday 7/21 - Rest day before our long Galloway run. I tried to be good and hydrate well since it was going to be a hot one!
Saturday 7/22 - 15 miler planned for today and it was HOT! We did pretty well about slowing our pace, but I still pretty well was hitting the heat wall around mile 10, so I slowed down again and let Chris lead the group on ahead of me. I just took my time and stopped at one of our water cooler spots to really get myself cooled down. I'd worn a sweat band, so I soaked that with cold water and I had a cooling towel as well that I soaked. I got myself cooled down better and was able to finish out the mileage in decent shape. Final pace 12:22. Felt good to get that one done though!
Wore my awesome new Calavera InB 6" shorts!!! Love these so much. They perform great. No riding up like the shorter shorts do under their skirts. I'm definitely going to be getting more of this design! Feeling strong!!
Untitled by giseleb2, on Flickr

After we got home, we cooked up a delicious egg sandwich with a fresh garden tomato and some avocado. Delicious and I was HUNGRY!!

Spent the rest of the day relaxing by the pool and then enjoyed a gorgeous sunset. Great way to finish off the week!!

CALAVERA!! They look great on you! I have yet to wear mine, I think tomorrow will be the day. :teeth:

Congrats on a solid week of training, and OMG THAT SUNSET! :lovestruc

CALAVERA!! They look great on you! I have yet to wear mine, I think tomorrow will be the day. :teeth:

Congrats on a solid week of training, and OMG THAT SUNSET! :lovestruc

I just love those shorts. Now I need to hunt out what's available in that style still or hit up the ISO.

Another great week of training- way to go! And girl, you look great in that picture! Very fit! :)

Thanks! Just don't look too close at my chicken wing arms. *Note to self - get back to that strength training*

ZellyB-you rock those calavera shorts! And WHAT chicken wings? You look really fit!
Great on the long run-it is summer time isn't it?
BTW-are you loving GoT?!? I so wish we could binge watch them.

You look fantastic! The shorts, the arms!! Seriously-wow!
And your pool, and that sunset. So many things to smile about this week.

ZellyB-you rock those calavera shorts! And WHAT chicken wings? You look really fit!
Great on the long run-it is summer time isn't it?
BTW-are you loving GoT?!? I so wish we could binge watch them.

Thank you! I am enjoying GoT, but I keep feeling like more should be happening you know? I know they are getting everything lined up and in place for the big finish, but I find myself almost impatient. I know I shouldn't be wanting to rush to the end so much!

You look fantastic! The shorts, the arms!! Seriously-wow!
And your pool, and that sunset. So many things to smile about this week.

Thank you. It was a beautiful weekend here even if it was hot!

I don't see chicken wings either! I see a super fit lady who rocked her week (...and has a pool I'm super jealous of).
Thank you! I love having that pool on these hot days even though the work and expense isn't so great.

Superhero Pose! Love it!
I had a Barbie in the 80's that was like "get in shape barbie" or something and you make me think of her in this picture.
I had to google her to make sure my brain wasn't playing tricks...and yep...identical twins.
57b40aeb13655a97456f9c0b83456998--get-in-shape-eat-healthy.jpg

Oh yeah, we are practically indistinguishable. :rotfl:

I love that picture - the shorts look awesome, and so do you!
Great job getting in a good week of training.

Thanks!

You guys are all too sweet. I swear I wasn't fishing for compliments, but they were nice to hear anyway. :goodvibes

We're leavin' on a jet plane
giphy.gif

Well, I finally just bit the bullet and booked our flights to marathon weekend. I've been stalking prices for weeks and there's just been no movement. I really hate this race weekend being so close to the Christmas/NY holiday. We are flying in on the 2nd and coming home on the 9th, and so I think demand (especially with the 2nd) was just too high to get good prices.

We only have one day at home from the cruise before leaving out for Disney World (yes, poor us!), so I also didn't want to drive somewhere to get a cheaper flight and flights out of our hometown are always high. Regardless, it's done and I'm really excited to have that piece completed. We should arrive in Orlando around 11:30 in the morning too, so we hopefully will have some park time on arrival day which will be awesome. Hoping to land a Flight of Passage FP for that evening and see Rivers of Light. Fingers crossed that flights are on time!!

Hoping to land a Flight of Passage FP for that evening and see Rivers of Light
FoP FPs are hard to come by even at 60 days out. Best of luck as I will be trying for one as well! I would probably wait an hour to 90 minutes if I can't get one but no more than that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter