Hanging up my running shoes

Sounds like a nice week getting back in to things, and I'm impressed that your 1-mile repeats felt nice and easy at a faster pace coming off of your race! Also, great that you stayed back to support the fellow in your group, that's definitely scary stuff but it sounds like he's on top of it.

OMG I cannot stop staring at the first dancing puppy!!
Hooray for taper time! I can't wait to see how your marathon ends up. I have been so so impressed with your training- it's given me lots of motivation to keep up my own.

I hope your running friend continues to be OK. That is super scary!

Yay for taper! Yay for puppies! Training our beagle to go on the easy pace runs with me - after running a max of 3 miles, she just ran her first 4-miler today and isn't the least bit tired.

Wishing good health and continued running to your Galloway group friend!

I was doing this get to know you thing recently and had to answer the question: "If you could have a room full of anything, what would it be?"

View attachment 278954
I got some funny looks when I said puppies. Apparently the "correct" answer was money...

Anyway, great job making it to taper town!
I mean the only reason you would want the money was so you could buy enough puppies to fill a room.

Saucy puppy!! Glad your Galloway guy is okay!

Enjoy your taper!

Loving the taper so far. :D

Sounds like a nice week getting back in to things, and I'm impressed that your 1-mile repeats felt nice and easy at a faster pace coming off of your race! Also, great that you stayed back to support the fellow in your group, that's definitely scary stuff but it sounds like he's on top of it.

He seemed to be okay as long as he slowed down, but I know he's frustrated not knowing what is causing it.

OMG I cannot stop staring at the first dancing puppy!!
Hooray for taper time! I can't wait to see how your marathon ends up. I have been so so impressed with your training- it's given me lots of motivation to keep up my own.

I hope your running friend continues to be OK. That is super scary!

Thank you. It's been a good training year for sure!!

Yay for taper! Yay for puppies! Training our beagle to go on the easy pace runs with me - after running a max of 3 miles, she just ran her first 4-miler today and isn't the least bit tired.

Wishing good health and continued running to your Galloway group friend!

YAY puppies. I wish our dogs could run that far, but I think their little tiny legs would give out after half a mile. Our big dog is just too old to run any more.

Not sure what's more exciting... tapering or puppies. I want to say puppies but tapering also sounds pretty good.

Puppies always win!!

I was doing this get to know you thing recently and had to answer the question: "If you could have a room full of anything, what would it be?"

View attachment 278954
I got some funny looks when I said puppies. Apparently the "correct" answer was money...

Anyway, great job making it to taper town!

See above puppies always win!! And, as far as choosing puppies over money in the words of Clairee from Steel Magnolias, "You were brought up right!"

I mean the only reason you would want the money was so you could buy enough puppies to fill a room.

Exactly!! :rotfl:

Taper and Puppies!!! Fun!

All the good things in one post!!

Hooray for taper + puppies!
Rosie's face! :rotfl:

Rosie is a pill. She's a sweetheart but also a PILL!

giphy.gif

I have no reason for posting, I just wanted to add to the puppy party.

One missed training run
OR
a74f084a84a26a7d3a595e3be2f61ef1.gif

Oh my achin' tooth
Sunday 10/22 - Rest day per the usual. We relaxed around the house and watched some football which included watching my beloved Chiefs continue their slide against the Oakland Raiders. Boo!!!
giphy.gif

Monday 10/23 - Track work continues. 4 cadence drills/4 acceleration gliders and 2X 1 mile repeats at marathon pace. So, this is supposed to be us running a mile at around a 11:20 pace and I swear we try to take it easy, but no way I can run at that pace apparently. We always end up way too fast. Usually more like a 10:15 pace or so. But, oh well, we are getting it done, but clearly I need to reconsider paces on the next training cycle. We definitely seem to be speeding up, which is good!
GREAT-IM-GOING-SO-FAST.gif

Tuesday 10/24 - 6 mile run with 2:00/:30 intervals. Solid run. I think we were both feeling pretty good and ended with an overall pace of 10:20.
HTTPS9kLmdyLWFzc2V0cy5jb20vaG9zdGVkaW1hZ2VzLzEzODA0MTU2OTRyYS84MjA2NzEuZ2lm.gif

Wednesday 10/25 - Rest day. Also the day I went to the dentist to begin work on a new crown. BOO! Had a tooth that had been really sensitive for a while and as it turns out it had some fracture lines in it, so had to get a crown. Lots of time in the dentist chair with the drill. Awesome.
komedi_1425929167342_985.gif

Unfortunately, once the numbness wore off, I was hurting quite a bit and didn't sleep so well. Which led to...
Thursday 10/26 - No run for me today. Lack of sleep and a sore mouth and it just was not going to happen!
Friday 10/27 - Rest day and glad to say, my mouth started feeling more normal again.
anigif_sub-buzz-3426-1482173970-4.gif

Saturday 10/28 - Final Galloway group run. :sad1:
This was our last formal group run before our marathon race. We had a good turnout even though it was a pretty chilly morning. Fall finally decided to arrive this weekend and it was around 29 degrees at 6:30. But, I loved the cold air and we had a good final run together. 7 miles with :90/:30 intervals and an overall pace of 10:22. We all said our farewells and said we'd see each other next week for the race!!

So, that's it for this section of the training cycle. The race is this Sunday and I'm trying to keep my taper madness and obsession under control. And failing miserably, but I'll save that for another post. :D
obsession%2Bgift.gif

I hope your tooth/mouth feels better! Ouch
29 degrees sounds too brrrrrrrrr
Glad you enjoyed it (shivers)

One week!!! You got this!!! Super excited to read about how it goes!!!!
Exclamation points!!!!!

I hope your tooth/mouth feels better! Ouch
29 degrees sounds too brrrrrrrrr
Glad you enjoyed it (shivers)

One week!!! You got this!!! Super excited to read about how it goes!!!!
Exclamation points!!!!!

Mouth is definitely better. I've got a temporary crown on right now and the new one goes on next week, so other than some hot/cold sensitivity, it's doing much better.

Thank you for your enthusiasm!!!!!!! :D

Ouch! Sorry about your tooth- mouth pain is the pits! Glad it’s feeling better!
So excited for you to run this weekend!! You have had such a great training cycle, so this will be the icing on the cake!

Ouch! Sorry about your tooth- mouth pain is the pits! Glad it’s feeling better!
So excited for you to run this weekend!! You have had such a great training cycle, so this will be the icing on the cake!

I'll be glad to get the final crown on and have this over with. I'm excited too - and very nervous!!

Glad your mouth is on the mend! Finally, marathon time is right around the corner too!

Thank you and it's always hard to believe when the Galloway training cycle comes to an end. Sometimes it feels like you've been training forever and then all of a sudden - it's done!!

Stay tuned for my madness posts. :D

Looking forward to the entertainment that will certainly be the taper madness post (and I really do mean that as a compliment!). Sorry to hear about the tooth though, and I for sure would have skipped the run the next day, too. I can't believe you're done with this cycle! Super excited to hear how the race goes for you!

Looking forward to the entertainment that will certainly be the taper madness post (and I really do mean that as a compliment!). Sorry to hear about the tooth though, and I for sure would have skipped the run the next day, too. I can't believe you're done with this cycle! Super excited to hear how the race goes for you!

Ah good! I'm glad you will enjoy my taper madness post. I'm excited and nervous for this race.

Ack, sorry about the tooth! I'm impressed that you only missed one run after that!

You guys are SUPER speedy now - that's got to feel good!! Good luck with your taper madness :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter