Harmonius really being discontinued?

Same. The EPCOT 40 show with "We Go On." 😭 I'm not sure who picked "Someday" to end Harmonious, but what an odd and depressing replacement for "We Go On."
"Someday" was my favorite part of Harmonious. 😁 But I'm a huge Hunchback fan.

All I know is if they take away Spaceship Earth's lights, people are gonna riot.

The WDW Web site is now saying the Beacons of Magic are going away with a picture of all of them including EPCOT.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/50th-anniversary/
I would be surprised if they took them away. I imagine they will just be a permanent part of it now. Beacons of Light itself might be gone but those lights themselves were really enjoyed and no reason to remove them. They can be incorporate to other new shows as well and special Spaceship Earth displays like they've been doing recently.
Would make no sense for them to remove them. But at the same time, with other recent decisions I wouldn't be completely shocked either.

I would be surprised if they took them away. I imagine they will just be a permanent part of it now. Beacons of Light itself might be gone but those lights themselves were really enjoyed and no reason to remove them. They can be incorporate to other new shows as well and special Spaceship Earth displays like they've been doing recently.
Would make no sense for them to remove them. But at the same time, with other recent decisions I wouldn't be completely shocked either.

Oh yeah - those lights aren't going anywhere.

"Someday" was my favorite part of Harmonious. 😁 But I'm a huge Hunchback fan.

Well, Hunchback is an underrated classic.

I like the song (even though just snippets of it are actually in the movie), I just don't think it's very uplifting or a way to end the night.

When I was there a few weeks ago, there were several (5-7) noticeable burnt out bulbs. So, I'm not sure they were designed to be long-lasting. But I hope they keep them. They are the best thing that's happened for the 50th.

God, I hope so. Harmonius reads like a show made by marketing people instead of a creative team. It's uninspired, boring, and weirdly paced.

And the ending song is a ballad that was so underwhelming it was cut from the Disney movie it was made for (No shade for Hunchback- I love that movie, but this song choice made no sense.) Harmonius was a mess from start to finish, IMO.

Well, Hunchback is an underrated classic.

I like the song (even though just snippets of it are actually in the movie), I just don't think it's very uplifting or a way to end the night.
It was the end credits song, not even in the movie. It takes me back to seeing the Hunchback show at MGM, too, they played "Someday" as you were walking out of the theater. That was a great show.

God, I hope so. Harmonius reads like a show made by marketing people instead of a creative team. It's uninspired, boring, and weirdly paced.
I kinda feel the same about HEA. Some of the song choices make it seem like the people picking the music never actually watched the movies to understand the context.

I don't understand why people who want to hate on the barges, big deal you don't like the, guess what Disney doesn't care if you want to be able to get a perfect picture without barges in it, that's one of the reasons why they do things like they did for the 40th and have the screens on as well as having fountains on them during the day. Changing the show doesn't mean that they are going to get rid of them, it just means that they are going to change the show and use them in a different way which is the point of them they can change up the show easier without having to build new barges. Most of the old ones used for Illuminations reflections of Earth were recycled from all of the previous versions they only built two new ones for it the Erath globe one and the inferno barge, all of them would sit out in the lagoon for most of the day and were only taken out to be restocked with pyro for the next day's show before they were brought back Instead of moving them around constantly they bult new ones that are permeant so they don't have to take them back for restocking the pyro and can do it put there instead of backstage and it also meant that they don't have to raise the draw bridge as often and stop people from walking around that area of the lagoon.
I don't like the barges. Or your giant wall of text.

It was the end credits song, not even in the movie. It takes me back to seeing the Hunchback show at MGM, too, they played "Someday" as you were walking out of the theater. That was a great show.
BEST show ever at Walt Disney World.

And Hunchback was some of the best music ever in a Disney movie.

Never got to see the show. But I definitely agree on the music!
Incredible set, costuming, actors and a tough show to reduce to a stage performance - but they did it. Broadway quality. We saw it every visit - especially since Quasi is my son's favorite. He has a huge collection and a Quasi who at home stays by his side and when we vacation he can go with us (stays in hotel). We were very fortunate towards the end the actor agreed to meet him after the show (RARE) which was a HUGE pixie dust. He has kept their photo on his wall every since.

BEST show ever at Walt Disney World.

And Hunchback was some of the best music ever in a Disney movie.

I forgot it was 34 minutes. Not the best video/sound but decent.

Except I can't not picture Chris Farley playing the part of Quasi for some reason.

I love Harmonius. I know the barges are not the greatest during the day but the Music, Water Effects, Projections and Pyro are amazing on Harmonius. I want to see Harmonus stay. Harmonius Forever!!!!!!!!!!

I love Harmonius. I know the barges are not the greatest during the day but the Music, Water Effects, Projections and Pyro are amazing on Harmonius. I want to see Harmonus stay. Harmonius Forever!!!!!!!!!!

I agree - the show was good and very unique. I heard that originally the barges were supposed to partially submerge and act as fountains during the day, but that just never happened. In the end, I don't know that the show was worth the tradeoff, but I still liked it.

This could go done as one of the more expensive Disneyworld failures. I can't imagine how much those barges cost to build and just to basically throw them away.......ouch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter