Has Anybody booked through Delta.com?

anniet

DIS Veteran
I booked seats yesterday and printed out the last page that gave the confirmation number, however I never received an e-mail confirmation from Delta.

Should I be concerned?

Every other time I've booked either through Travelocity or Southwest, I got an e-mail.:confused:

Log in to the Delta site using your SkyMiles number and password. Then click on "Your Itineraries" to see what is in the system for your flights. If they are there, you are all set.

Delta normally sends an email, but only if they have one on file. So do what GoldenOldie said. You might check your profile while you are there to make sure they have a valid email address.

Well...I wasn't a skymiles member, but figured I ought to join anyhow, so I did. There was no itinerary there (although I didn't expect it, since I made the ressie yesterday)

But I called Delta, spoke to a really nice and helpful lady who added my skymiles to my ressie and sent me out the e-mail.

She said I was right to be concerned, since the e-mail contains the ticket receipts as attachments that I have to print out.

Thanks for the replies!

Anniet, just a little tip. We became Sky miles members last Spring. We have used it as our debit card (even though its a credit card), and so the miles are really adding up this way. Hopefully with our next trip we'll be able to get a couple of free airline tickets. Just make sure if you use it as a debit card, that you be on top of it in your checkbook register and send off the payment every month to Amer. Express. :D

Thanks for the tip Jillpie...but now I'll be torn.

Do I use my Delta card, or will I use my Disney Visa (whenever that comes out....I haven't heard anything yet, but you can bet your bottom dollar, I'll sign up the minute it does!):)

I am confused. I am a Delta skymiles member but I do not have a Debit/credit card. Is this the same one that is offered through AX? If so, I didn't realize that it could be used as a debit as well as a credit card.

It is a Delta Skymiles credit card from AMEX. You can use it per se like a debit card, subtracting the amount in your checkbook everytime you use it. Every month the bill comes in and you pay it. I use it for things I would normally use my debit card or a check for. The miles rack up fast.

For instance, I have 2 savings accounts at my credit union. One is for vacations, and one for Christmas. I charge my vacation plans with the skymiles card, and when the bill comes in, I take the amount out of my savings to pay it. Same for Christmas gifts.

Never carry a balance with this card. Like Jillpie says, use it as you would a debit card. I get double miles grocery shopping at Stop & Shop, 5000 miles signing with MCI long distance for 5 months. If you have money set aside for a big purchase, buy it with the card and pay it off with the money you saved when the bill comes in.

I already have 20,000 miles in the last 6 months of having this card. My next flight will be free.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter