Has anyone else been told to keep their reservation?

Hi all, I spoke with WDW Reservations yesterday about my 10 day stay in mid-May. I was inquiring about moving it, what would and wouldn't change. I expressed it would be a hassle to re-book all the extras but I would rather get a start on it so I dont miss out on reservations and what I could potentially replace if I book 6-7 months from now (I have multiple things booked like After Hours)

However, I was told if they were in my situation they'd keep the reservation for a "two more weeks" because there's a chance they'll "see me in a few weeks"

I was nervous and mentioned I was afraid I'd not get ADR's and events if I didn't act soon since it seems everyone is booking 6 months out but was told from the people he spoke to the dates of re-booking all vary and not to worry.

I spoke with the same person who helped me book this vacation so I valued their advice and kept it for now.

Did anyone else have a similar experience when calling WDW?
I see this was posted April 5 and it's now April 17. Things change from day to day in regards to the pandemic. It looks like many states are extending their shelter in place orders to the end of May and I think many other states will follow that.

I am just flabbergasted at how many people are waiting to rush to one of the most crowded places in the country in like May or June. You guys are hard core but I hope it turns out safe for you. I have October reservations and my mindset is around whether to cancel now so they don’t run out of refund money or wait and see if a miracle happens. I hope it all turns out a spark to everyone’s enjoyment.

I am just flabbergasted at how many people are waiting to rush to one of the most crowded places in the country in like May or June. You guys are hard core but I hope it turns out safe for you. I have October reservations and my mindset is around whether to cancel now so they don’t run out of refund money or wait and see if a miracle happens. I hope it all turns out a spark to everyone’s enjoyment.
We are just in the dis vaccuum where everyone wants to return, I don't think everyone outside of here is rushing to get back. For one thing, money. Another thing, fear. I have a trip in July that I'm still wondering about, not about going but just about them being open. I have already recovered from the virus so I'm not so scared about getting it again, I'm just worried they won't be open or we'll have to cancel certain ADRs or events due to them not being available. My husband says we're going if they're open, but we'll see. I really don't think tons of people are going to be rushing back, I especially think that international travel restrictions will at least help in keeping numbers down for a good long while if nothing else, so I don't think the parks will be packed unless the Florida locals make it that way.

Wow! I never thought they could run out of refund money. I've been holding off canceling my end of May trip just can't bring myself to make the call even though I am going to cancel. I also have a trip the end of August which I may end up canceling also. So very sad with what is going on in the world now.

I was booked for June 1, switched my reservation to Aug. 24. Got a better deal, saved some money. I was really thinking that June would be (if indeed WDW opens) it would be a "modified" experience. I posted elsewhere my opinion: the parks will probably be open for on-site guests only (maybe AP) they do have more than enough staff (without DCP kids) they have full, part and seasonal workers. this is totally my guess/wishful thinking.

I was booked for June 1, switched my reservation to Aug. 24. Got a better deal, saved some money. I was really thinking that June would be (if indeed WDW opens) it would be a "modified" experience. I posted elsewhere my opinion: the parks will probably be open for on-site guests only (maybe AP) they do have more than enough staff (without DCP kids) they have full, part and seasonal workers. this is totally my guess/wishful thinking.
What about AP that are onsite guests? 🤔 I mean, I have a room at Poly booked for a week in July and am an AP, do you really think I’d get there and they go “sorry, you have an AP, can’t come in”?

What about AP that are onsite guests? 🤔 I mean, I have a room at Poly booked for a week in July and am an AP, do you really think I’d get there and they go “sorry, you have an AP, can’t come in”?

no I’m thinking more like locals stopping in. I’m guessing really but I sorta think on site reservations would get you in (Ap or not).

no I’m thinking more like locals stopping in. I’m guessing really but I sorta think on site reservations would get you in (Ap or not).
Yeah, I can see that, especially since they can kind of plan for the number of guests by knowing how many are staying at resorts. I could see locals getting angry because they’ve paid for their APs and then can’t get in, I’m sure Disney won’t be able to really “win” no matter what they do.

They aren't going to run out of refund money. Unless Disney files for bankruptcy, they have to offer refunds based on the terms and conditions agreed upon when you made your reservation. Disney just took out a $13+ billion loan. They don't plan on going out of business.

I was honestly thinking the same thing. I think it's great if they open sooner or later (as long as it's "safe" to do so), but I personally would be really uncomfortable being in a crowd of people this soon. I rescheduled to September from my May trip. I do hope it turns out safe for those who opt to go as soon as they open!

I was honestly thinking the same thing. I think it's great if they open sooner or later (as long as it's "safe" to do so), but I personally would be really uncomfortable being in a crowd of people this soon. I rescheduled to September from my May trip. I do hope it turns out safe for those who opt to go as soon as they open!

This is my fear. Everyone is going to rush back and the second wave will have it closing again for even longer. If people could just be patient, I think it would help in the long run.

Do what gives you peace of mind. I personally do not see Disney going bankrupt so I'll let them hold onto my money. (Just so you know they don't have a certain set of "refund money" that's gone when it's gone too bad you weren't quick enough style. They'll refund until bankruptcy.)

As crazy as it sounds going in June (if open) seems smarter than rescheduleing for August-say November. They have been closed, sanitized and quiet, any germs on property are dead and gone if you go the first 1-2 weeks open but as months drag and people trickle in you are in the second wave like the spanish flu window IMO. I have a June resort only stay planned that I am leaving unless they cancel for me.

Considering international guests make up a large percentage of WDW guests and there are currently international travel bans in place, that alone will keep numbers down should the parks open before the travel bans are lifted.
I don't think Europeans are banned from traveling to US anymore. I think it expired.

I don't think Europeans are banned from traveling to US anymore. I think it expired.
The U.K. FCO is still advising British nationals against all but essential international travel. That effectively ‘bans’ us from the US as it invalidates any travel insurance.
Also the validity of ESTAs is still suspended.

Last edited:
The U.K. FCO is still advising British nationals against all but essential international travel. That effectively ‘bans’ us from the US as it invalidates any travel insurance.
Also the validity of ESTAs is still suspended.
Hopefully that changes for you by the Sumner holiday season.

Last edited:
We decided as a family to switch our June trip for 10 days to the week of Christmas for 7 days. We are keeping our June trip as of now, just in case of a discount we can apply towards our December trip, but we are not going in June. I see the parks being fully operational late June or after July 4.

Hopefully that changes for you buy the Sumner holiday season.
My ESTA had expiring because my passport had expired. New passport in hand, I applied for a new ESTA today at 12.53 and it was issued at 13.36. That is efficient!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter