Has anyone else been told to keep their reservation?

That’s my thought too. I would not plan anything for fall or winter knowing that may well be the second peak in cases as the weather cools and people get more comfortable traveling snd start to take risks again. And, by “zigging where others zag” we hope to have lower crowds when we go in August, which will help us social distance. Based on the consensus here about when people are rebooking, October-December is going to be a germ-filled zoo.
This second peak plus higher crowds were also my concern and that’s why we cancelled our November and January trips and opted for a mid-August trip.

Makes sense. I have to make my final payment on Sunday so I know I would have had the bill come in before the credit hit my account. I don't use the Disney Visa that much so didn't want to pay for a trip I knew I wasn't going to go on and carry a credit on my card.

Keep in mind if you ever have a credit balance on a cc you can simply call/message a request for a check. I have done this with Chase several times and also recently with our Kohls card. I've never been given a hard time about it.
I'm currently waiting for a check from Chase. Our bill was paid but then I finally got a refund for our trip insurance for our cruise that was cancelled by Disney. After a month of jumping through their hoops, the refund has left me with a credit balance. Chase is really swamped right now so rather than sit on hold, I sent a secure message.
I'm very patient and confident that I will soon have a check.

Any opinions on whether we should keep our mid July trip? When our March trip was cx by Disney we were able to get “free dining” to rebook for July. But wondering how/if it’ll even happen.
My daughter said “cx it and let’s go to Disney Hawaii instead”🤣

While I love the idea of going to Hawaii instead it seems extra risky IMHO. I've got a late June trip to WDW I hope to keep but also like the idea of being able to DRIVE AWAY from whatever might happen. (If there's some sort of resurgence of the virus or whatever might cause air travel to be suspended.) That said, if I had to be stuck some place, Hawaii certainly would be great, for a little while anyway. Of course I don't know if you were seriously considering her suggestion or not. (Despite what I just said, if I lived on left coast I'd be at least thinking about it..)

I am on the phone with DVC member services right now. I wanted to modify my trip. The CM said that the parks are scheduled to open June 15. They may not open then, but they will not open before June 15. Magic Kingdom area is the ONLY area that will be open. Magic KIngdom will be the only park open. This will be Phase one. They will open other parks as they see how Phase one goes.

There will be NO FAST PASSES, NO CHARACTER MEETINGS AND VERY LIMITED RESTAURANTS. There will be a "digital registry" for rides. Again, MK is the only park opening JUne 15 until later phases.

He (the CM) also said that EPCOT will be the LAST park to open. I am on hold right now getting my OTU points refunded.

I have never had a CM (during this closure) be so candid and forthright with information.

I am on the phone with DVC member services right now. I wanted to modify my trip. The CM said that the parks are scheduled to open June 15. They may not open then, but they will not open before June 15. Magic Kingdom area is the ONLY area that will be open. Magic KIngdom will be the only park open. This will be Phase one. They will open other parks as they see how Phase one goes.

There will be NO FAST PASSES, NO CHARACTER MEETINGS AND VERY LIMITED RESTAURANTS. There will be a "digital registry" for rides. Again, MK is the only park opening JUne 15 until later phases.

He (the CM) also said that EPCOT will be the LAST park to open. I am on hold right now getting my OTU points refunded.

I have never had a CM (during this closure) be so candid and forthright with information.
If this is true, it’s very irresponsible for that CM to release that information before Disney.

I don't know for sure if the CM is truthful BUT I DO KNOW THAT I AM BEING TRUTHFUL. and i am still on hold .....waiting on my OTU points information.
I wasn’t implying that you weren’t being truthful in your report.

This is very interesting but CMs are notorious for giving out wrong information. I'm going to take this with a whole shaker of salt.

I wonder if Disney does what apple used to do which is distribute bad info through various channels to detect and eliminate leakers. That would be an amusing turn of events for this info.

Then it's weird that MDE is allowing me to make ADRs for the first couple of days of my June 13-20 trip. I'm planning to stay at BCV, and I got a time at Beaches and Cream that just seemed to appear yesterday for the night of June 13. Believe me, I've been looking since we had to reschedule from March. If they know they aren't opening until June 15, why are they releasing more ADRs (or allowing cancelled ones to be bookable)?

Then it's weird that MDE is allowing me to make ADRs for the first couple of days of my June 13-20 trip. I'm planning to stay at BCV, and I got a time at Beaches and Cream that just seemed to appear yesterday for the night of June 13. Believe me, I've been looking since we had to reschedule from March. If they know they aren't opening until June 15, why are they releasing more ADRs (or allowing cancelled ones to be bookable)?

First of all, the CM told me this today and it is not written in stone. I was only relaying what he said. Next, if this has not been released yet then your reservations have not been impacted. If this is indeed WDW's plan then your reservation will be impacted. If what he said is true that only MK resorts will open during phase 1 beginning June 15 then your reservation will likely be canceled. I'm sorry, I was only passing along what the CM told me. If it is a cash reservation, then I would personally wait it out. My reservation at Copper Creek was with 2019 and borrowed 2020 points and so I had to make the call to get them straightened out and the CM freely gave the information that i shared.

If that CM is correct, Disney is handling this really poorly. This is not like March, when everything was developing quickly. I totally understood when my trip was cancelled a week before because it was such a confusing, fast-moving situation. Now, they've had time to make a plan and should have a little better handle on it. If phone CMs already know the plan, then customers should know it too. I am a DVC member who would be staying on points, so I would rather be notified now and have Disney cancel than make me think I still have a chance (however small) to make my trip in June. The closer it gets to my dates, the more angry I will get.

If that CM is correct, Disney is handling this really poorly. This is not like March, when everything was developing quickly. I totally understood when my trip was cancelled a week before because it was such a confusing, fast-moving situation. Now, they've had time to make a plan and should have a little better handle on it. If phone CMs already know the plan, then customers should know it too via a formal announcement. I am a DVC member who would be staying on points, so I would rather be notified now and have Disney cancel than make me think I still have a chance (however small) to make my trip in June. The closer it gets to my dates, the more angry I will get.

I think that CM might be speculating based on some things he/she heard. Because I can't imagine Disney being this terrible at customer service. But I've been surprised before...

What the CM is saying is all consistent with other facts we already know--and I too think June 15 is more realistic than June 1. Remember how FP availability was terrible June 1-15 but seemed to back to normal the in second half of the month? And we all know that if they are doing a staggered opening of parks, Epcot will very likely be last because they had to send so many CMs in WS to their home countries.

To be clear, 100% think the CM was just speculating because if the CM is "in the know" of nonpublic information and is selectively disclosing to certain individuals, they very well could be causing the company to violate US securities laws under Regulation FD. I assume Disney operates a tighter ship than that and doesn't convey such information to phone CMs before a wider release. And if it did so, I'm sure Disney would make it totally clear to those CMs than any leaks will be serious offenses.

Phone CMs are the last ones to learn about changes in operations. They are literally told nothing until it is officially announced in the hub. What he conveyed on the phone are the rumors called “Secure Circuit” that we have been hearing in the rumors board from posters that know people inside. He most likely read it in this board or a similar board.

Phone CMs are the last ones to learn about changes in operations. They are literally told nothing until it is officially announced in the hub. What he conveyed on the phone are the rumors called “Secure Circuit” that we have been hearing in the rumors board from posters that know people inside. He most likely read it in this board or a similar board.

You echoed my thoughts that I posted on another thread 🍻

If this is true, I'm definitely not paying $6,000 for my late June - July trip to only have Magic Kingdom open, no fast passes, no character meets, and limited restaurants. I also booked CBR for the gondola which would be pointless if only MK was open.

If the secure circuit thing is true, will Disney allow folks to cancel or reschedule vacations that take place during the modified operation once it's announced? Or would we be stuck with a vacation where only part of WDW is accessible?

This is very interesting but CMs are notorious for giving out wrong information. I'm going to take this with a whole shaker of salt.

I wonder if the CM listened to Pete's podcast on Buffets. Pete talked about the same thing. https://youtu.be/jLI8Nec7LXw

Again, until the Open Fl Task Force and the Governor not extend the current order it's all speculation at this point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter