• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has Anyone had a Waitlist Come Through Recently

I was just able to pick up the last night I needed for a quick weekend Food and Wine trip. Waitlist didn't pick it up. I have been stalking the site for two months, trying to switch from SSR to an Epcot resort.

I was just able to pick up the last night I needed for a quick weekend Food and Wine trip. Waitlist didn't pick it up. I have been stalking the site for two months, trying to switch from SSR to an Epcot resort.
The recent update has definitely not fixed the waitlist issues. In the last week I’ve picked up 2 different reservations that were exact matches for waitlists I had in place. It most definitely pays off to stalk :)

I've been on the waitlist for a few weeks to change from a lake view to a standard view studio for one night at the Poly the week before Christmas so that I wouldn't have to change rooms.

No movement on my wait list request, but I was able to find exactly what I needed myself by stalking this morning. The waitlist never matched. I modified myself and have what I needed now!

Last edited:
I've been on the waitlist for a few weeks to change from a lake view to a standard view studio at the Poly the week before Christmas so that I wouldn't have to change rooms.

No movement on my wait list request, but I was able to find exactly what I needed myself by stalking this morning. The waitlist never matched. I modified myself and have what I needed now!

yup, I had a one night waitlist that I found this morning by stalking. I really wish waitlists would process automatically so I wouldnt have to stalk constantly.

So I didn't have a waitlist come through, but I periodically checked to see if there were any openings for other resorts. And last week, the exact waitlist I wanted was available to book. 🤷‍♀️

I am new at all of this, but I had waitlisted a couple single dates in the middle of a week in Oct and Dec a few weeks ago. I have been checking hourly on the DVC site and was able to find the room I wanted on the dates I waitlisted... No idea why the waitlist didn't pick it up and assign it out... Doesn't give me much confidence in the whole waitlist process.

And I just had to cancel my hard earned reservations. 😭😭😭😭. Since it's highly unlikely my kids will be able to be vaccinated before then, I moved our trip to Feb to be a birthday trip rather than a Christmas trip. Now, I'm working on getting the same type of reservations for Feb that I had for Dec. I've got a waitlist for Poly and BVW for one night each.

I've had a mixed bag the last couple of days.

On Monday, the room I had waitlisted for one night appeared on the RAT and I grabbed it. The waitlist had not matched.

Yesterday, to my shock, a waitlist I had created earlier that same day for 1 night had matched. I found out because I needed to call member services about something else and had asked them to check both of my waitlists.

I've had a mixed bag the last couple of days.

On Monday, the room I had waitlisted for one night appeared on the RAT and I grabbed it. The waitlist had not matched.

Yesterday, to my shock, a waitlist I had created earlier that same day for 1 night had matched. I found out because I needed to call member services about something else and had asked them to check both of my waitlists.

Yeah! I think that is one of the most frustrating parts of the waitlist in that you can have a match but just not know because there is no indication it’s in process.

I've been on the waitlist for a few weeks to change from a lake view to a standard view studio for one night at the Poly the week before Christmas so that I wouldn't have to change rooms.

This has happened for us several times this year too. Goes to show you that wait list isn't a guarantee and doesn't grab them instantaneously.

I canceled a few reservations monday and not one single day showed up on the site, so the WL must’ve grabbed them. I had 2 studios for BLT standard studio for a week and not a single day showed up and I checked immediately after each click. Plus I let a okw HH night go in august and it didn’t show up either. 🤷‍♀️

This is total speculation, but does this theory sound plausible?

Could they have the waitlist matching program set-up that if someone cancels a reservation, it only matches to a single waitlist then releases the remainder of dates?

For example, someone cancels a 3 night reservation. There are 2 separate waitlists in the system, one for Nights 1 and 2, the other for Night 3.

If the Nights 1 and 2 waitlist is older, that matches. Rather than going through a 2nd iteration of checking the waitlist, Night 3 is released.

This is total speculation, but does this theory sound plausible?

Could they have the waitlist matching program set-up that if someone cancels a reservation, it only matches to a single waitlist then releases the remainder of dates?

For example, someone cancels a 3 night reservation. There are 2 separate waitlists in the system, one for Nights 1 and 2, the other for Night 3.

If the Nights 1 and 2 waitlist is older, that matches. Rather than going through a 2nd iteration of checking the waitlist, Night 3 is released.

Possibly. It should search for exact match, but the go look for the second best match, etc,

I know sometimes it is because a waitlist has matched but not processed. I have canceled a waitlist a few times once I got my second choice by stalking and as soon as I did, the first one showed up.

Happened too often to not be that I did have the match but it was waiting for the CM to finalize.

Had a waitlist for 12.9-10 in a Bungalow (filling in a hole in the trip); didn't come through but I found it today and was able to successfully modify our existing BWV 2BR to the missing night. Just put in a chat request to combine this night with the following (they said it should reflect that in 24 hours). Hope we made someone's day with the BWV 2BR!

I’ve been waiting on one night at RIV in September that I noticed on the RAT this morning. My waitlist was not filled but I was able to reserve it on my own.

I had two separate nights WL for BWV 1 bed garden view, mid October. Long shot I knew. But if I couldnt' get them, I was going to have to pay an insane cash price at BWI for a regular room, or move 3 times. Sunday I searched, and I was shocked to pick up one of the nights. I still had a gap day in the middle. I went to a movie and checked again when I got out. Even more shocking, the entire 5 days I need was available in a 1 bed standard view!! I could not believe it. So now not only do I not have to move, I saved 40 points.

So happy to read that people are catching villas. I have not, but keep trying!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter