Has anyone stayed at Wyndam Palace Resort?

Bea

DIS Veteran
I just got the Wyndam Palace on Priceline (for $48.00/night). We have two kids under 6 years old. I am interested in any information on the playground, pools, activities for kids. Is there a kiddie pool? Did you take the shuttle bus to Disney or drive, are there any kid friendly restaurants at the hotel? Thanks!

Check out the Other Orlando Hotels and Attraction Board...there's lots of info there. Or try a search using "wyndham palace"

We loved it. Join 'Wyndham by Request' on their website for free snacks and drinks. You will have to call and link your priceline reservation to the Wyndham by Request reservation. As a member you can request any specials. Priceline only guarantees accomodations for two. One King Size bed with four might be too cozy. We requested two queen beds and had no problem. We were on the 15th floor overlooking the pool and downtown Disney - Awesome balcony view!!!

We only stayed our last night. I took the bus from MK (TTC) to the Wyndham. Very comfy bus - waited 10 minutes.

There is a kiddie pool!

There is also a $8 + tax surcharge on the room to cover local calls, etc.???? It's still a good price on a nice hotel.
Have fun!

We just stayed there over Memorial Day Weekend and we loved it (did the same & joined Wyndham by Request & we were granted every request). We were a walk out (with patio) by the pool, 2 queen beds. My kids (ages 8, 12 & 14) loved it so much that they wanted to stay at the hotel instead of going to the parks (we are FL Res Pass Holders, so they go often). The younger one loved the pool & the other 2 fell in love with the Sauna & Whirlpool. They all liked the idea of walking over & gettying fresh fruit in the morning (free at the pool area). We also got the room thru priceline at the same rate of $48 with the $5 bounus money. I want to say that the $8 surcharge was taxed too & it came to $8.88 per day. I would stay there again in a heartbeat!!

Thanks so much for the information. I am so excited to go now!! I joined up for "Wyndam By Request" the otehr day and received a # online. Do I call the Wyndam Palace directly and give them my number and requests?

I stayed at the Wyndham Palace last March for approx
5 or 6 days. It was great. We also got a great price
through priceline at that time. The best place to catch
transportation direct to any Disney Resorts would be across the street at the Downtown Disney Bus Stops.
The buses to and/or from the Hotel to the parks
run about every hour or so, so somtimes you need to
wait a bit. But as a simple hint, if you want to go to
any of the Disney Resorts for a character breakfast,
dinner, or shopping, it would be faster and more direct
to walk across the street and catch a bus as the
shopping center. Buses go directly to all resorts from
there. On our last day at the Wyndham, they said they were overbooked
and requested volunteers to give up their rooms. They
offered accomodations at the "Royal Plaza" and three
free consecutive nights at the Wyndham at another time. We took them up on their offer, since it was our
last night there, and were able to go back for a short
three day weekend in Sept. for Labor day. It was wonderful. Their pools are great and the lounge chairs
around the pool have thick cushions on them and are
very comfy. They are covered with a cotton-type fabric
so no sweating. They have great pool towels too!
The large beach towel size. I am a DVC member, but
treated a special little child in my life with a surprise
trip, so did the priceline thing as it was cheaper than
using points that were already accounted for in later
planned visits, so it worked out really well. I also did
not want to have to rent a car on that trip, so the
close proximity to all the transportation was an
added bonus. You will certainly enjoy yourselves there!
Hope this helps, I did not mean to ramble. Have a
wonderful trip.

It sounds wonderful! I joined Wyndham by request a couple of months ago. I can't wait until our 1st stay in January.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter