Has anyone used HRN to book HRH

npall

Mouseketeer
I booked with them about 2 weeks ago for 2 nights in July, but they said that our reservation would not be in the HRH system until 2 weeks before ! This really scares me! Has anyone used them and were your reservation okay?

Thanks,
Naomi

Hi, Naomi:

I used them on my last trip in May. Yes, I was FREAKING after I called the hotel and they had NO listing of my booking but HRN ASSURED me that I would be guaranteed a room

Talk about shock, they STILL didn't have me listed TWO days before I was to show up. HRN told me that it would be there 48 hours prior and the hotel told me that they update their computers overnight... :earseek:

To make a long story short the reservation was there when I got there, no problem at all, it's prepaid which is what I prefer and all was well.

So be forewarned, they will NOT have your info two weeks prior, but make sure you have all of the numbers you'll need, confirmation#, telephone #, to make sure if there are any discrepancies.

Enjoy!

I am not sure if that makes me feel better but I will have all my paperwork just in case. Hopefully we won't get "bumped" which I have heard can happen at the HRH.

Naomi

Hi there

I used Hotel Reservations Network to book a discounted room online the day before we arrived.

No problem at check-in...just gave them my name (didn't even have to leave a cc imprint b/c we were prepaid)
Everything was in order.

Good luck and have fun

Originally posted by npall
I am not sure if that makes me feel better but I will have all my paperwork just in case. Hopefully we won't get "bumped" which I have heard can happen at the HRH.

Just like airlines, hotels overbook too, and you can get "bumped" (it's actually called "walked") from a hotel (this is not unique to the HRH or PBH).

If you do get "walked", pretty much the industry standard compensation is a free room at a comparable or better hotel *and* refund of your room rate (basically you stay in the other hotel for free and pay nothing).

I've never been walked, but in general I would welcome it ... FREE ROOM. If this were to happen at the HRH/PBH (and assuming I could not be accomodated in the other hotel), I would ask for a room key for Priority Access and parking at the hotel, which I'm sure they'd provide.

HRN is a wholesaler of hotel rooms. A wholesaler gets a greatly reduced rate, and marks it up (usually to a price that's less than what the hotel's selling for) and pockets the difference.

It is common in the hotel industry for wholesalers to have a 72, 48 or even 24 hour cutoff for giving names to a hotel. If you book your room through a wholesaler, you are supposed to take their word for it that you have a reservation, and deal with them if there is a problem. If a hotel works with a wholesaler, there's probably staff that do nothing but process rooming lists and input actual reservations as they come into the hotel. Hotels need wholesalers for marketing and for filling rooms . . . I would worry if they didn't have your name the day before or the day of check-in. Wholesalers fill dozens, if not hundreds, of rooms a night at the place I work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter