Has anyone used their DAS after the reopening?

Sorry, I should have been more clear :). I meant she didn't use her DAS to enter RoTR. My DD definitely used it mid-August for other rides (but not always). If crowds are picking up, definitely would apply (not sure if the older pass version carries over? She didn't get hers until 2018. Edited to add: Once approved for a DAS, the renewal on future trips is very easy).

Yeah I have my old case # on file from where I chatted with disability a few times. I would take it like normal but if we were given a new and improved Mickey Drivers number that is cool too.

They are, you will still need a boarding pass and have everyone in the park to get one, then when your time rolls around you just let the cast member in the front know you have the DAS pass.

You missed the next step.
1. Do they let you right on?
2. Do they give you a return time?

We are going Jersey week and it seems that Labor day on the crowds have greatly increase. Pictures of abandoned parks have turned into the TOT line back to Beauty & The Beast and the Rock N Roller Coaster line back to TOT.

So I am getting concerned since FP+ is gone and the park hours are still reduced.
Also concerned about inflated wait times affected DAS return times.

We are going Jersey week and it seems that Labor day on the crowds have greatly increase. Pictures of abandoned parks have turned into the TOT line back to Beauty & The Beast and the Rock N Roller Coaster line back to TOT.

So I am getting concerned since FP+ is gone and the park hours are still reduced.
I mean, yes, it's a bummer that wait times have only continued to go up since Labor Day. But I'm not too worried about how lines look simply because with physical distancing they're going to look far worse than they actually are. Almost every single ride we've gone on has had an inflated wait time but I've found that the return times I've gotten aren't as long as the posted wait times usually, so go figure...

We just got back and honestly we only got a few long return times. Once it was a cast member who seemed confused. The return time was longer than the posted time. The other was for the new Railway Ride. The wait time was 90 minutes and they gave us an hour return time. We used that time to go have lunch. In the past we’ve used DAS in between FP+, obviously right now that doesn’t happen. I’ll be honest. We rode less rides than we could have with the addition of FP+ as it was really busy last week. We didn’t have that issue at Epcot or AK. It was mostly an issue at MK and HS just because it was so busy.
You just need a different strategy. We picked must do rides and timed things like lunch and shopping. We also utilized the relaxation stations to wait.

Does Disney publish the particulars about the plan or is it all kinda up to interpretation?
I do remember for the return time it is published wait time minus 15 minutes.
Also I remember some provision that said if the standby line is shorter than X, they will just send you down the FP line.
Does this still hold true for COVID WDW?

I have never gotten a DAS for anything posted shorter than 20 minutes, but with reduced hours, I am thinking I might.
What wait times do you get a DAS vs wait in the standby line or do you use the DAS for short wait times?

Does Disney publish the particulars about the plan or is it all kinda up to interpretation?
I do remember for the return time it is published wait time minus 15 minutes.
Also I remember some provision that said if the standby line is shorter than X, they will just send you down the FP line.
Does this still hold true for COVID WDW?

I have never gotten a DAS for anything posted shorter than 20 minutes, but with reduced hours, I am thinking I might.
What wait times do you get a DAS vs wait in the standby line or do you use the DAS for short wait times?
If the wait isless then 15 minutes I just go in the standby line the CM never send me in the FP line

For me it really depends on the day time how long I have been in the parks the ride line ( buz is one I always get a DAS at if the wait is longer then 15 minutes) while spaceship earth I can on a good day do 25-30 minute wait

We just got back and honestly we only got a few long return times. Once it was a cast member who seemed confused. The return time was longer than the posted time. The other was for the new Railway Ride. The wait time was 90 minutes and they gave us an hour return time. We used that time to go have lunch. In the past we’ve used DAS in between FP+, obviously right now that doesn’t happen. I’ll be honest. We rode less rides than we could have with the addition of FP+ as it was really busy last week. We didn’t have that issue at Epcot or AK. It was mostly an issue at MK and HS just because it was so busy.
You just need a different strategy. We picked must do rides and timed things like lunch and shopping. We also utilized the relaxation stations to wait.
But wouldn't this same be true for every guest? Not being able to ride as many attractions as with Fast Pass? Is the DAS supposed to provide an actual advantage, or is it more soon supposed to at least attempt to equalize things?

Almost every single ride we've gone on has had an inflated wait time but I've found that the return times I've gotten aren't as long as the posted wait times usually, so go figure...
My experience...

WDW & DL both inflate the stated wait times for eticket attractions. Helps to keep the standby line ‘down’

Last hour or so of park operation it’s very noticeable that line is often stacked up outside space mountain; but almost walk on once you enter. They don’t want large numbers of people to hop in the line shortly before the park closes.

OT - wondering if the lines to speak to GS to renew the pass is longer due to reduced staffing issues with covid.

But wouldn't this same be true for every guest? Not being able to ride as many attractions as with Fast Pass? Is the DAS supposed to provide an actual advantage, or is it more soon supposed to at least attempt to equalize things?
I guess the difference is due to my son’s disability he can usually only handle a couple hours in the parks. When I go without him we can do park open to park close. With him that’s not possible. He just doesn’t have the ability to be in crowds that long. As a typical guest I can stay longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter