• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Haunted Mansion Reception

sweet7696

I almost met the Isleys!
Has anyone here had or inquired about a Haunted Mansion reception??? This is my absolute dream place to have the reception, but I have had trouble finding any info on it. I don't want to call FTW because I'm so far away (1 yr, few months) from even planning that they would probably tell me to call back next year. I just want an estimation of the cost so that we can plan our budget accordingly or scrap the idea all together. Thanks!
Jess:confused:

I've never heard of HM for a reception but what a neat idea! I know that if you have it in MK, you have to do it late but I don't know any specifics about MK recpetions. Hopefully someone else will be able to help you with that.

As a past Disney bride myself, I know that receptions *can* be had in the Haunted Mansion. However, I really have no idea of the costs involved. I know that it would need to be held on a day when the MK closes early, and there may be additional costs involved.

You may want to try joining the Disneymooners list, as I believe there is someone on the list looking into a Haunted Mansion reception. You can join at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/disneymooner

I would contact Disney FTW. You will get assigned a Sales Manager who will be able to answer your initial questions, and create an Estimated Budget for you. S/he can give you the lowdown on the costs. Because your wedding is over a year out, it just means that they cannot book the reception and ceremony location sites yet - that is done at the one-year mark. However, they still can answer your questions!

Hope this helps!

As a future Disney Bride, I just joined the disneymooners group found in yahoo groups. Someone there recently inquired about the reception at the Haunted Mansion and I think the rental cost was around $7500 - $15000, not including the food.

Leila
:earsgirl:

That was me!! :p I love that list!!! I was hoping maybe someone here would have a little more info...Looks like I will just have to spend the money on the long distance call! Thanks for the help guys! I knew that I was going to have to call, I just didn't want to...I'm lazy!!! ;)
Jess

My wedding is at WDW in August and I asked about having it in MK, just to see what the price difference would be. If it wasn't TOO bad, we figured we'd splurge and do it. Well....the MINIMUM expenditure is $30,000 to have it in MK. But, it AVERAGES around $45,000. I'm not sure how it breaks down, but you have to spend at least $30,000, but with everything it usually ends up around $45,000. Once we crunched the numbers, we decided to do the Pavilion and California Grill and extend our honeymoon. I figured we could renew our vows in MK once we've bought our house this summer. Maybe we'll do a 5 year renewal thing.

If you do find out about the price of the Haunted Mansion, let me know because it's sounds like a fun idea.

:D

I dont know how much it cost, but I once read a trip report from a couple (obviously very wealthy) who had a 4 day long 50th wedding anniversary at WDW. They included a reception one of the evenings at the Haunted Mansion. They said it was great. All the food was themed to a haunted house, even the dishware. This same couple also had a reception in Mexico at Epcot and the Living Seas. They also mentioned that they flew 50 guests and paid for their rooms so I am sure the bill was sky high!!!!lol

I will post whatever I find out when I finally get on the stick and call FTW. I am probably going to do it today, maybe Monday. I don't really think I could get my fiance to shell out $30,000, but you never know!! =o)
Jess

Last year this was posted on Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings website: FTW Vow Renewal. They celebrated 50 years of marriage, and one of their parties was in the Haunted Mansion. Read about the neat dessert that Disney served.

I talked to a sales manager who said the Haunted Mansion reception starts at $42,000. Don't know what that inlcudes because that was so out of our budget that I didn't ask any more questions about it!
Jess

*blinks eyes* $42,000, that's unreal! wow, but what I neat place to have a reception. I thought it would be great to have a reception in the Great Movie Ride. I saw a picture a while back and it looked out of this world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter