Have a Photopass Question? Ask me!

I'm sorry but I don't have a 100% accurate answer for you either, since that is handled by guest relations and vacation planning. From the best of my knowledge go to will call and they will give you the card, then go to guest relations or one of the My Disney Experience kiosks to activate it. Then make sure to keep the card with you so you can get it scanned after you get your pictures and so you can get your attraction photos. Sorry I couldn't help better!
When you order over the phone, you added it to your resort reservation. Your memory maker is then linked to the Primary Guest on your reservation. When you link your resort reservation to your my Disney experience account the memory maker entitlement comes along too. You may run into some issues if person a is the primary guest and person b owns the my Disney experience account. You would have to get it moved to the person who owns the account. Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Forgot to add. You ONLY get the Memory Maker card if you order it online through the web site and it isn't strictly necessary. Your order confirmation number can be linked in my Disney experience to link your memory maker card at which point if you do pick it up it's essentially like another PhotoPass card to collect photos on.

I can share a photo of the wings, if you are interested. We got it last March (13) in Epcot, in Mexico. I'll come back and update when I am home and can get my CD out

Also, to folks that are interested, you are not limited to MM when it comes to prepurchase options. You can still preorder the old Photopass Archive Disk for $119. It's not well publicized but it's there

Go to
https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/

scroll down to the bottom and look under
Learn About

Select
Disney PhotoPass Archive Disk

I looked at the site and saw you can purchase a $30 cd with photos. Will that include the photos taken with the MM , or are they just stock photos ?

My favorite comment, as they approach me for the photos is, "Oh, by the way, we have memory maker."... "That's nice, but I don't really need to know that."

This is really good to know! I'm pretty sure that I would me one of the people who assumed I needed to let you know I had Memory Maker so I wouldn't get charged or something. :)

Thanks so much for all of the info, it's so helpful and I really appreciate it!!

My favorite comment, as they approach me for the photos is, "Oh, by the way, we have memory maker."

Many photopass photographers have recommended letting the photographer know that you have already purchased the Memory Maker - they'll take more pictures for you than they otherwise would (assuming they have time.)

I looked at the site and saw you can purchase a $30 cd with photos. Will that include the photos taken with the MM , or are they just stock photos ?

That is the stock photo CD that used to be included with PP+

This is a shot with the fairy wings
Photo0392FourBySix.jpg

Oh my gosh, my DD8 would just FLIP over a photo with fairy wings and/or holding Tinker Bell! Is this something we could ask a PhotoPass photographer to do? Of course we would ask nicely - we always treat the CM's with the upmost respect.

Oh my gosh, my DD8 would just FLIP over a photo with fairy wings and/or holding Tinker Bell! Is this something we could ask a PhotoPass photographer to do? Of course we would ask nicely - we always treat the CM's with the upmost respect.

Yup, just ask, but remember, not everyone is trained on every post. If you've got a photo package, ask every Disney photographer that you see with a camera in their hands. :)

Even better ... see if you can do it without your daughter knowing. I'd keep the photo package card and use that instead of the Magic Band to link the photos, and just have a sticky note or something attached to it, hand it to the photographer so they see the note, and see what happens. pixiedust:

Many photopass photographers have recommended letting the photographer know that you have already purchased the Memory Maker - they'll take more pictures for you than they otherwise would (assuming they have time.)

Technically, we should treat everyone the same, MM or not. To me it makes the biggest difference at the character meets. Sometime people just have a card and they know that they aren't going to buy anything or sometimes they come up with nothing and I just give them a card (especially if they don't speak English - I don't have time to explain things when people keep coming in). If I see a MM I know that they will actually want the photos so I may take one or two more.

Sometimes, even though I know people mean well, when they say, "I have MM," it comes out as, "I have MM so I demand a bunch of photos." I would say that 50% of the people who come up to me feel the need to mention if they have MM and it does get annoying because it makes no difference. It's not like there is any difference between a person with MM and not. They still deserve the same amount and quality of photos.

Yup, just ask, but remember, not everyone is trained on every post. If you've got a photo package, ask every Disney photographer that you see with a camera in their hands. :)

Even better ... see if you can do it without your daughter knowing. I'd keep the photo package card and use that instead of the Magic Band to link the photos, and just have a sticky note or something attached to it, hand it to the photographer so they see the note, and see what happens. pixiedust:

Very true. When you get hired and go through different levels of training. Not everyone can take every magic shot at every location. Some are very easy to do (Tink - just hold up a hand) and some are trickier (Simba - the hands and arms have to be PERFECT for Simba to look decent).

But yes, ask every photographer you see. But remember, ASK! It's a question (Can I please have a photo?) versus a statement (We want a photo).

Hello all! Sorry I didn't respond much over the last couple of days. Been working. Speaking of working, here are some stray observations from the past two days in the parks...

When you are in line to meet a character, get your photopass card, your camera, and your autograph books out. The book should be open to the page you want the character to sign. It is so frustrating to see a family wait in line for half an hour and come up unprepared. You slow down everyone else behind you. Also, when people finish up spend another minute getting their card out, it just hurts the family behind you because I can't take their pictures until your card is scanned, meaning I miss out on a lot of stuff.

I only have two hands, so no, I can't hold another three cameras/phones.

Speaking of multiple phones - you know when you go to messages and where you can attach photos to texts? Well yes, do that. I hate when I get three iPhones. It saves EVERYONE time when one person hands over a phone and they text it to everyone.

If you have MM, you are already getting your photos. They character attendants and I don't mind using your camera, but remember you are getting the same thing.

Here is a not-so-big secret! The character, the attendants, and the photographers are trained to attempt to follow a procedure when you come in for a photo - first a hug, then the autograph, then a photo. It just works better that way.

Characters hate when kids just walk up to them holding out their books. They want a hug first. It's the difference between meeting a character and collecting their photo and autograph.

Something I notice a lot. Kids will go up when the characters sign books and look over their shoulder to watch them sign. It's a cute, natural reaction that I like. However, every once in a while a parent will yell at them to look up, and then you have a photo of a kid smiling awkwardly at the camera while Mickey is hunched over behind them with his nose in a book. Seriously, just don't.

Do you want multiple photos a poses? Fine. Is there a huge line behind you? I'm not allowed to say no so please be nice to the people waiting.

If your not doing MM and just want a few prints, make sure to wait until your last day to go to one of the view stations (there is one in every park, downtown disney, the waterparks [seasonally], polynesian, grand floridian, yacht club, and animal kingdom lodge). Why? Three 5x7 prints are $29.95 and one 5x7 is $12.95. You save money buying a bunch together than one each day. Also, you can view all photos at all parks so don't be afraid to view your Epcot photos at Studios.

That's all I can think of now! Keep asking away!

I'm planning on doing a massive run on character photos while I'm there this weekend, since MM will still be active. I'm planning on one "normal" shot of me and the character smiling at the camera, then one "crazy" posed shot (or a few, depending on how crazy that character is that day). On the plus side, I won't have extra stuff with me, just my MM card to hand to the photographer as I walk up. I'm assuming that works well for you, because you can be working on attaching the photos as I'm walking back to you? At least that's what I saw the people doing when I was there a few weeks ago. They'd just tuck it in a pocket, take the pics, then pull it out and scan it (I've got my name on it so I make sure I don't get something odd back by mistake).

I'm really easy to spot, I have pink streaks in my hair, so if you see me, let me know. :D

I'm planning on doing a massive run on character photos while I'm there this weekend, since MM will still be active. I'm planning on one "normal" shot of me and the character smiling at the camera, then one "crazy" posed shot (or a few, depending on how crazy that character is that day). On the plus side, I won't have extra stuff with me, just my MM card to hand to the photographer as I walk up. I'm assuming that works well for you, because you can be working on attaching the photos as I'm walking back to you? At least that's what I saw the people doing when I was there a few weeks ago. They'd just tuck it in a pocket, take the pics, then pull it out and scan it (I've got my name on it so I make sure I don't get something odd back by mistake).

I'm really easy to spot, I have pink streaks in my hair, so if you see me, let me know. :D

I never put a guest card in my pocket since I would be afraid of losing it. I usually just palm it. But yes, that is what we do. That's why we ask for the card in advance because sometimes it takes a few seconds for the card to scan.

Btw AngiTN thanks for sharing! That is a great shot and I love the border.
The borders in PP are one of my favorite things about the entire process. I triple my photo totals just playing with borders and clip art.

The borders in PP are one of my favorite things about the entire process. I triple my photo totals just playing with borders and clip art.

It's funny when I'm at a view station showing people their photos and we get to the borders. I usually spend the next five minutes saying, "And we have this border, or this one, or this one, or this....."

There are at least four borders for every park, nine for special occasions, another two for each individual princess, and so on.

I'm sorry if this had been asked. My family have the MM and we plan on splitting up at times. We are all linked in MDE. Can anyone scan ride photos on to their magic bands or is it just me( the assigned person) do it? I have called once and was told just me but my TA said we could all do it. I'm so confused and we leave in 17 days.
Thanks so much
Amber

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I asked this question 3 times, and got the same answer, all 3 times, so that's a pretty good record.:rolleyes1 The answer is yes, as long as they are listed in your family and friends, and have allowed photo sharing, you will be able to view any and all picture of you F&F circle. The only one that will be able to download will be you, but once you've downloaded you can send to whoever you want

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter