Have a Photopass Question? Ask me!

Hi Does anyone know if they still have a photo pass spot in Downtown Disney? I've heard there was one but I've never seen it.

There is a view station where people can view photos, but the only place to get pictures taken are at Bibbiddi Boppiddi Boutique. Sometimes they also have photographers with seasonal characters (Santa, Easter Bunny). The view station is in the guest relations building in Marketplace.

The way it was described to me is similar to the way you hold balloons, but on that one you are only told to put your hand above your head, this sounds like more specific posing. And yes, I know who the character is, and no, I'm not telling you. ;)

When I was taking pictures in that location there wasn't a specific poise. The character looks like he is dancing so the people next to him are supposed to do the same.

Also, he will soon move to Epcot. There are just testing it in Studios, which is a smaller park. He may stay in Studios though.

Feel free to post your pictures if you want to give everyone else a better idea of what they look like!

There is a view station where people can view photos, but the only place to get pictures taken are at Bibbiddi Boppiddi Boutique. Sometimes they also have photographers with seasonal characters (Santa, Easter Bunny). The view station is in the guest relations building in Marketplace.

My understanding was that the photographer wasn't actually in BBB, but that though the BBB folks did use the service, anyone else could too. We really want to get our faces painted and take a family pic on our first night at WDW.

When I was taking pictures in that location there wasn't a specific poise. The character looks like he is dancing so the people next to him are supposed to do the same.

Also, he will soon move to Epcot. There are just testing it in Studios, which is a smaller park. He may stay in Studios though.

Feel free to post your pictures if you want to give everyone else a better idea of what they look like!

Ahh, gotcha. I dunno, I'm just repeating what I was told by the photographer while she was checking to see if she could still do the wings for me. If I'd known about it, I would have braved more of HS on Star Wars Day looking for every photographer I could find to get it lol.

And I'll post pics after I look them over and make sure I don't look too stupid in them. Well, I'll post the magic shots, anyways. :D

There is a studio location set up right with the View station at Downtown Disney. It is mostly used for studio portraits after girls get Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique makeovers, but anyone is welcome to have photos taken there.

There is a studio location set up right with the View station at Downtown Disney. It is mostly used for studio portraits after girls get Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique makeovers, but anyone is welcome to have photos taken there.

Thank you!:tink:

Oh my gosh, my DD8 would just FLIP over a photo with fairy wings and/or holding Tinker Bell! Is this something we could ask a PhotoPass photographer to do? Of course we would ask nicely - we always treat the CM's with the upmost respect.

Super cool. But I have two boys... do the CMs do fairy wings/Tink for boys? My sons would probably love it but also probably would be embarrassed for me to ask specifically. Or are there other poses that are more the "boy poses"?

Also, for ride/attraction photos... does it take a lot of extra time (more lines) to find the photo booth after each attraction to ask for the photo to be linked? How does it work? Is there a list somewhere of which rides/attractions even offer photos?

Super cool. But I have two boys... do the CMs do fairy wings/Tink for boys? My sons would probably love it but also probably would be embarrassed for me to ask specifically. Or are there other poses that are more the "boy poses"? Also, for ride/attraction photos... does it take a lot of extra time (more lines) to find the photo booth after each attraction to ask for the photo to be linked? How does it work? Is there a list somewhere of which rides/attractions even offer photos?

With the magic bands it was super easy you just check out the screen and then tell them the screen number and they scan your band... Never waited more than a minute or two.... Also took a screenshot with my phone so I could email to friends and make them jealous right away

Super cool. But I have two boys... do the CMs do fairy wings/Tink for boys? My sons would probably love it but also probably would be embarrassed for me to ask specifically. Or are there other poses that are more the "boy poses"?

For the wings you stand with your side towards the camera, and can either have your hands down or have your arms crossed over your chest. The wings aren't overly girly, and remember, there are boy fairies!! :)

uPfDNfN.jpg

The pics with Tink she sits on your hand. Her poses are different in each park.
MK:
3RzyKyv.jpg

EP:
4pRgxCa.jpg

HS:
MynyvHK.jpg

AK:
ByO3vTb.jpg

Also, for ride/attraction photos... does it take a lot of extra time (more lines) to find the photo booth after each attraction to ask for the photo to be linked? How does it work? Is there a list somewhere of which rides/attractions even offer photos?

Hi there! Your first question is actually something I ask myself multiple times a day. I personally don't believe in "boy" things or "girl" things but at the same time I don't want a boy to be embarrassed or upset when he looks at his photo and sees Tinkerbell. I feel that most magic shots are more girl centered (Tink, wings, butterflies). The Simba shots can be challenging also since it is a male character but to do the pose correctly they have to look like they are holding a doll or a baby. Generally, I do the same poses for all kids 8ish or under since at that age Tink and Simba can still be cool. There is also the single butterfly shot which is easy for younger kids so I hope the parents think it's cute, boy or girl. Generally everyone likes the Chip ones. If I see a pre-teen or teen boy I will generally do one of the Stitch shots or the balloons. The new Jiminy Cricket shot it also good for boys. It all depends on the location and the photographer. If you ask specifically for it and we are in a location where that shot is approved we can definitely do it for you. Just say please!

Question 2: As soon as you get off the ride you will see your photo and the station where the photo can be added. Just make sure to mention that you have MM if you have it. If you do not have magic bands make sure to have the MM card with you. If not, you can purchase a download or print. It depends on the day and time but from my understanding the lines are never too horrible. If you bought MM make sure to get it since you already paid for it.

As another note, make sure you get the photo as soon as you get off the ride. Please don't come up to us at the photopass view stations in the front of the park. The attractions photos and the photopass photos work on two different systems so the only thing we can do is send you back to the attraction.

Here is a list of the attractions with photos:

MK: Buzz Lightyear, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain
Epcot: Test Track
Studios: Tower of Terror, Rockin Roller Coaster
AK: Expedition Everest, Dinosaur

Hope that helps!

Hi there! Your first question is actually something I ask myself multiple times a day. I personally don't believe in "boy" things or "girl" things but at the same time I don't want a boy to be embarrassed or upset when he looks at his photo and sees Tinkerbell. I feel that most magic shots are more girl centered (Tink, wings, butterflies). The Simba shots can be challenging also since it is a male character but to do the pose correctly they have to look like they are holding a doll or a baby. Generally, I do the same poses for all kids 8ish or under since at that age Tink and Simba can still be cool. There is also the single butterfly shot which is easy for younger kids so I hope the parents think it's cute, boy or girl. Generally everyone likes the Chip ones. If I see a pre-teen or teen boy I will generally do one of the Stitch shots or the balloons. The new Jiminy Cricket shot it also good for boys. It all depends on the location and the photographer. If you ask specifically for it and we are in a location where that shot is approved we can definitely do it for you. Just say please!

Question 2: As soon as you get off the ride you will see your photo and the station where the photo can be added. Just make sure to mention that you have MM if you have it. If you do not have magic bands make sure to have the MM card with you. If not, you can purchase a download or print. It depends on the day and time but from my understanding the lines are never too horrible. If you bought MM make sure to get it since you already paid for it.

As another note, make sure you get the photo as soon as you get off the ride. Please don't come up to us at the photopass view stations in the front of the park. The attractions photos and the photopass photos work on two different systems so the only thing we can do is send you back to the attraction.

Here is a list of the attractions with photos:

MK: Buzz Lightyear, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain
Epcot: Test Track
Studios: Tower of Terror, Rockin Roller Coaster
AK: Expedition Everest, Dinosaur

Hope that helps!

This helps enormously, thank you! I think my boys will enjoy it no matter what - anytime they say something like "that's for girls!" it seems like they don't REALLY believe that ;) It's one reason why I'm taking them at these ages (8 and 10); the magic is DEFINITELY still there for them. CAN'T WAIT! 12 DAYS!!!!

Thanks again! And yes, pleases and thank yous will be in order the whole trip! (as in life) :cheer2:

One quick question - is there still a way to just buy the attraction photos? I think in the past it may have been called Attractions Plus or something - just wondering if that's still an option if you don't want MM, or would you have to buy each attraction photo individually?
Thanks!

One quick question - is there still a way to just buy the attraction photos? I think in the past it may have been called Attractions Plus or something - just wondering if that's still an option if you don't want MM, or would you have to buy each attraction photo individually? Thanks!

Attractions plus is still available in the parks. It's still 49.95.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thank you for starting this thread OP. I am so happy that I found it! My family loves the pictures and honestly I didn't know about all of the "magic" pictures. Only a few of them. I can't wait to share. Thanks for the work that you do and allowing all of us to cherish memories that will last forever!

First let me say thanks so much for posting, because even though I love and have used photopass for years, I was clueless about the new memorymaker aspect.

I also want to say that you photopass photographers are awesome, we have been to Disney World 8 times in the past 7 years and we have purchased the photopass cd everytime and I always thought it was worth the money. We have had great experiences such as one photographer who put pixie dust on my son's shoulder after taking a tinkerbell shot because he said that she flew away. And another great experience was when the photographer knew that we had photopass+ (yes, I'm one of those that would tell the photograher that we had photopass+, but in a nice way) and he took some really cute pictures of my son's stuffed animals. Now I will say there was no line at all, so that is why he was able to take some extra time with us. Same photographer took a really cool picture of the reflection of EE in my son's sunglasses. I just wish I had told my son to close his eyes, because he was looking right into the sun and the even with the glasses it was too bright, hence the look on his face.

With that said I do actually have a question. Are you guys still doing the frame prop. I saw that alot on our last trip which was March 2013. And I thought the pictures would turn out great, but they didn't. I had envisioned that the photographer would angle the picture if possible to place Disney icon in the frame and it didn't happen. Maybe it isn't even possible, it's just that I thought it looked like the coolest thing when we took the pictures and then was so upset when I saw the pictures.

With that said I do actually have a question. Are you guys still doing the frame prop. I saw that alot on our last trip which was March 2013. And I thought the pictures would turn out great, but they didn't. I had envisioned that the photographer would angle the picture if possible to place Disney icon in the frame and it didn't happen. Maybe it isn't even possible, it's just that I thought it looked like the coolest thing when we took the pictures and then was so upset when I saw the pictures.

I saw a photographer at HS with the photo frame in front of the Hat this weekend, but that was the only time I saw it. So it is definitely still floating around some.

Hi guys! I'm a Photopass Photographer at WDW. I have noticed a LOT of guests who seem really confused by Photopass, Memory Maker, etc. so I thought it might actually help me in the park if I can help you here! So if you have any questions about Photopass or related topics (Magic Bands, characters, etc.) ask away.

Just some guidelines:
- Not giving away my real name for obvious reasons
- Also not giving out any personal info
- I can try to answer any question possible, but as a warning I never worked at Magic Kingdom or the water parks so my info on stuff there is a bit limited.

I hope this is allowed by the DIS board. I promise, I'm not trying to sell anything, just get as much info out there as possible.

Also, let me know if you want the "real" answer or the "magical" answer. It's up to you!

Hi!

I was wondering if it's the norm for Photopass photographers to not take pictures when it's sprinkling. Not raining, but misting. Someone refused us last time while it was barely sprinkling and wouldn't come out from the Main Street awning, but not far ahead was another photographer clicking away. I was wondering which is the usual? DH was pretty upset at the guy's attitude, but I don't know. Maybe it's a rule? And we did end up going to the next photographer. She just had a line waiting which is why we asked him in the first place.

My understanding was that the photographer wasn't actually in BBB, but that though the BBB folks did use the service, anyone else could too. We really want to get our faces painted and take a family pic on our first night at WDW.

This may already have been answered, but we did this last time. We didn't do BBB but wanted to get some "one year old" pictures while we were already getting PP. It's next to BBB and according to CMs, the princesses are given first priority, but yes anyone can use them. They only have one area that I saw and it's just a plain backdrop. There is a couch for the BBB princesses to lounge on if you want to use that. Otherwise, expect a no frills photo shoot or bring props. :)

OK. I've been reading these boards for a while, now, and never felt the need to ask a question, because I could always get the answer by reading other posts. But now I just HAD to register and ask, because I keep reading contradicting information. Leaving for WDW in 2 days ( :cheer2: ) and we have purchased MM. We're a party of 6 adults: Me and DH, my brother and SIL, and my parents. We have three separate reservations, but we've linked all our My Disney Experience accounts. When I look at my family and friends list, every one says "X can view and purchase your PhotoPass photos"

If my dad (who is the Memory Maker "owner" is not with us on a particular ride, can I scan my band and will he be able to download it as part of his MM? I've seen posts that say yes, posts that say no, Disney's website is confusing... Help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter