have not booked August flights..should I be worried?

Don’t do it! Lol
There were two spirit flights scheduled to be leaving before our AA flight last month, coming home to Philly. Both cancelled. If you get stuck they don’t seem to care too much.

I almost didn’t Spirit but then changed my mind last minute because of this.

Don’t do it! Lol
There were two spirit flights scheduled to be leaving before our AA flight last month, coming home to Philly. Both cancelled. If you get stuck they don’t seem to care too much.

Agreed. The previous CEO even bragged about how poor their "customer service" was.

disneyobessed, we almost have the same dates. We are flying out of PVD 8/9 returning on 8/17. The day SWA opened up for our dates they came out at $99 each way this was at 6:45 in the morning. I couldn't book them due to work for just a half an hour. I go back to book them and in 30 minutes the flight from MCO to PVD on the 17th was still $99, but the flight from PVD to MCO was now $179!!! I was pissed! So here we had flights home, but none down. jetBlue was over $200 from PVD and Frontier was $71 for their basic fare and I only wanted to use them as a last resort. Finally a couple of weeks ago JB was $139 per person to MCO so I jumped on it. Pretty satisfied and I'm glad we are finally booked. But the prices are pretty bad this year for August.

ugh.. i never looked the morning they came out.. i checked later in day. We were able to get flights down on 8/8 instead because it was cheaper overall. BUt now we are still waiting to book 8/17. Im on orbitz everyday and I am going insane! Now the Halloween Party starts the 17th so we may try to book a flight for the 18th.

My dates are 8/3- 8/18. I also fly PHL to MCO but I prefer Frontier even with baggage fees and seat fees they are cheaper than Southwest. And choosing my seat is what I prefer anyway. Back in Feb, Frontier had our flights from PHL to MCO at only $86 on Friday or $66 on Saturday. I hadn't confirmed my off-site resort yet, so I was afraid to book in case I had to change my dates.:confused3 The very next day I got my confirmation for my resort and wouldn't you know it, those cheap airfare prices were gone. Either one would have worked. Fly in Friday nite and pay $86 or fly in first thing Saturday morning for only $66.
I could have kicked myself for missing out on those fares. :faint:
I hope they come around again. I am hopeful I may see something below $100 around mid-May. :sick:

Well I am doing a Happy Dance!!! :cool1: I just booked my return flight on Frontier from MCO to PHL on Saturday 8/18 for only $69 !!! I didn't think I would see prices drop that low for a Saturday flight. Add in the cost of a seat and a checked bag, it comes to $112 one way....i can live with that. Southwest wants $164 for a comparable flight and if I do EarlyBird Check-in, the $164 becomes $179. No thanks....$112 works for me. Now I have to decide if we will fly down on Friday 8/3 or Saturday 8/4. Both are also $69 right now. I better make a decision before prices go up again.:scratchin :laughing:

Read an article that said to expect airfare to be on the high side this year. Yesterday AA announced their fare would be going up if oil prices do not come down. This year SWA annual June sale covers the fall months not the usual summer months like it has in the past. though last week I book at $20 each way fare on Frontier for a trip this month. So keep a watch out for Frontier sales.

Well I am doing a Happy Dance!!! :cool1: I just booked my return flight on Frontier from MCO to PHL on Saturday 8/18 for only $69 !!! I didn't think I would see prices drop that low for a Saturday flight. Add in the cost of a seat and a checked bag, it comes to $112 one way....i can live with that. Southwest wants $164 for a comparable flight and if I do EarlyBird Check-in, the $164 becomes $179. No thanks....$112 works for me. Now I have to decide if we will fly down on Friday 8/3 or Saturday 8/4. Both are also $69 right now. I better make a decision before prices go up again.:scratchin :laughing:

Well my flights are all scheduled. Today we decided to fly Friday 8/3 while the flights were still at $69. So we got $69 each way. So with seat and baggage fees it came to $224/pp round trip which breaks down to ($69 + $13(seat) + $30(checked-bag) ) each way. Southwest would have been $358/pp or ($164 +15EBCI) each way with no guarantee of seat or boarding group/position.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter