Have you ever known anyone who was Murdered , did they catch

Read about that case in the NYTimes a few weeks back. Still trying to figure out how the bathroom was sealed up with her in it and then set on fire. Bizarre.

I believe he had the window boarded up with plywood on the pretext of remodeling or working on it.

I saw an article on that recently! The current wife got suspicious when he took out an insurance policy on her after the son died.

And that's the only reason she got suspicious. DH's family and friends absolutely believe she either knew about it or just didn't care. She had no problem spending the money. The only reason she turned on him was because she realized she was most likely next. She was no hero in this tragedy.

I honestly never met either of them, but the second wife is still local. The other two surviving kids (sisters of the son who was killed) are still very close with DH's family and very open about it all. The son who was killed actually had two girls of his own and they are still very much around as well. I feel so bad for all of them.

And karma at it's finest: The uncle was convicted on the birthday of his son that he killed.

Story #1 from my once small CA hometown.

The mom and grandma of my brothers best friend. The husband (step dad) murdered them then killed himself. My brothers best friend (who is like a brother to me) had left home to pick up his girlfriend only half an hour before. The police believe that if he was there he would have been killed too. Same with his younger sister who was out of town camping with friends. Unfortunately it was my brothers best friend and (at the time) girl friend who found the bodies when he returned home.

Last edited:
A close relative had a nanny for her kids all while they grew up. ANd I'd take my son to play and hang with this relative and her kids and this nanny was always there (she was close to my age where my relative was way older). That gal (nanny) moved away after the kids were teens. She married and had a son. She was murdered, shot, by her husband who then took the son to preschool in the morning and came back home to kill himself.

An old neighbor killed his son (we had since moved away when murder happened but knew them when we lived there, not super well but we hung out at neighborhood events and at the pool). He had been laid off. House was about to be foreclosed, I do believe. He had nice house and his FIL was living with them and their 3 kids so lots of financial problems. He suffocated youngest kid (just 4 years old) in his sleep and probably intended to do the same with everyone in the house. He attempted with other kids but there was a struggle and the mother was alerted in time. He was arrested but acquitted as he claimed he was sleepwalking (with a mask on) and judge would not allow them to convict of manslaughter.

SisIL has a close friend that attends all our family functions. She was attacked in her home by next door neighbor, raped, stabbed, beaten and left for dead. Her elderly mother was living with her and she was killed in the attack. I had never met her mother. He is in prison (or mental inst, not sure) but still owns the home next door to her.

We had a guy come repair our hot tub at last house. Turned out his daughter's murder was one of the oldest unsolved in the county. He was elderly when we met him and he wanted to live to see justice for his daughter. Sadly, he did not. She was found dead in her home in 1974. She was 23 and married just 3 years. She had been beat with fireplace poker. I never knew her and only met her dad that one time.

Last edited:
Nobody close to me, but my biology teacher from high school was murdered a couple of years after I graduated. He was a very well respected teacher and I went back for the memorial service. I believe the motive was robbery and they did catch the guy, but I don't know many of the details. He had been out Christmas shopping at the time, so it was around that time of year. It was very sad and a great loss for the school.

My next door neighbor at a boarding school in China murdered his wife after she served him divorce papers. He was a Brit, she was Chinese. Because of the "judicial system" in China, the police were slow to conduct an investigation and eventually they declared the husband innocent. It was very creepy living next to an apartment for four months with yellow police tape across the door. The guy was asked to leave China.

DH's uncle was just convicted in California of killing his first wife by setting their home on fire and being "unable" to save her. He got their 3 kids out. Years later he moved back to our area and killed his son while he was working under a vehicle. The man got the vehicle to fall onto his son, then he and his second wife left him there to go out of town for something. When he got back, he "discovered" the son dead.

Both murders for purely for insurance money, which he collected and spent. I believe he also torched vehicles and a barn with horses that were insured as well. Like I said he was just convicted this past month and will be sentenced in March for the first murder, then I believe will be transferred back here for that trial as well. The story was covered extensively on the news and I believe on Dateline.

Crazy world.
I saw that Dateline. Insane that someone would kill their own kid for insurance money.

Yes, well two incidents.

Right after high school, I saw on the news where an acquaitance of mine from school was shot and killed at a gas station after him and his friends were confronted by some other guys in a limo.

They caught the guy...still in the limo the same night.

Then very recently, the other side happened....a friend and former co-worker who served several tours of duty in the middle east...shot and killed his roommate as he claimed his roommate was trying to poison him... and then called the police on himself after posting what he did on FB. Sadly as he seemed to be a good person who became mentally degranged with PTSD probably and LOTS of right-wing conspiracy stuff on his FB posts :(

I always wanted to see someone I know on Americas Most Wanted

It was sad on many levels because this guy was not the one you would have said oh he'll be in jail or prison in a few years.
He had a cute little boy. I saw him maybe 6 months before he killed the guy and he showed me a pic of his family.

His first victims wife and my mom never met but it turns out they had a mutual friend.

Story #2 from my once small CA hometown.

A few years ago right around Christmas a former college professor of mine was murdered by her adult son. She was well known and liked in the community as she had taught at the high school for decades before teaching at the local university. It was a shock as the news rippled though FB as so many of us had her as a teacher.

A girl I went to middle school with was killed by her half brother. We had IFL class together and shared a birthday.

https://www.fracturedfairfax.com/Monica_Roman.html
While I was married, my now ex-husband's uncle killed his wife, then went on the run, then killed himself before the police found him. It was very sad

A co-worker of my mom's was robbed and then killed by a man he brought home from a bar. I only met him once at a company Christmas party, he was so sweet and so much fun to be around. They found the guy and he was convicted.

Yes, a dear friend was murdered by her husband. He was found hours later and convicted. Got out a few years later, and he is now deceased as well. It was right before Christmas, and my mother passed away a week before Christmas several years later. The period leading up to Christmas has a lot of mixed emotions for me now.

Oh I forgot about Skylar. She was 16 and stabbed to death by her two "best friends". It's surreal to see your old HS and and town on a Dateline or show on the ID channel. Yesterday would have been her 24th birthday.

I didn't know her, but a college friend of my daughter's was murdered by her ex boyfriend about 6 years ago. I think she was only about 20. She had broken up with him and went to get some of her things from their apartment. A friend offered to go with her but she said it would be fine. It was not. He then called the police on himself- so yes, he was caught.

One of my closest high school friend's husband is believed to have been murdered. They never seemed to be able to come to a definitive conclusion.

The two of them lived in a small town south of me, close to the high school we all attended. Apparently he was very mean and abusive to her and to their kids. She stopped talking to all of her friends from school so we didn't know anything about it. (found out later that he would not allow her to talk to any of us).

Anyway, he was a turkey hunter and if you know turkey hunting, you know that they are completely covered in camouflage when hunting--including their head and face. He went out hunting one morning and didn't come back. He was found leaned up against a tree, shot in the head.

At first, they said it was a hunting accident. Then they said, no, it was foul play. Then it was said that a lot more investigating had to be done. And that was the end of it. No more was ever said or done. Unfortunately, she died a few years ago from a heart attack. Before she died, she said that she still had not been told if it was an accident or murder and because there was no ruling, she was having to fight with the life insurance from his job.

Her sister says that someone was out hunting, knew how mean he was to her and the kids and killed him hoping it would be considered a hunting accident. Not sure why someone would take that route rather than calling the police but stranger things have happened.

Yes, my uncle Lewis was murdered by a man and woman he picked up who were hitchhiking. I was young when it happened, Not sure if they were ever caught.

A girl I went to school with went to Michigan State University and was brutally raped and murdered on campus. Yes, I think he was caught.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter