Have You Ever Ordered an Item from Amazon...

LOL. Hey, you asked.

No, see what I actually asked was "Have you ever ordered an item from Amazon, and it came from Wal-Mart?"

You didn't answer the question that was asked. :)

But like I said, thanks for the input. :rolleyes:

No, see what I actually asked was "Have you ever ordered an item from Amazon, and it came from Wal-Mart?"

You didn't answer the question that was asked. :)

But like I said, thanks for the input. :rolleyes:

From Walmart or indirectly via Walmart? Old fashioned price tags are pretty rare these days at supermarkets or discount stores except when there's a clearance price. Maybe a house brand? I've occasionally seen stuff that was labeled only for sale at a specific retailer. I've bought motor oil with the store logo on it and a recommendation to recycle used oil there.

I've also seen stickers attached to stuff saying that any sale outside of that store was unauthorized as they didn't allow sales to resellers.

When ordering from Amazon you may find what you want directly from them or it may be coming from a third party which could be a company or an individual.
I'd say what you ordered was put on there by just a person like you or me like many do on ebay.

There are retailers (Wal Mart chief among them) that I refuse to patronize, so it would matter a lot to me.
I am getting that way with Online shopping. Even if it costs a bit more, we really try to buy local, even if it is Walmart because they employ soooo many people in my community.

I am getting that way with Online shopping. Even if it costs a bit more, we really try to buy local, even if it is Walmart because they employ soooo many people in my community.
Interesting. So you also care about where you items come from and not really only about the lowest price and getting the product as you said to Mi Grandma earlier.

I absolutely try to buy indepdentl stores locally. Groceries from various local farmers, gifts from a shop in town, books from the bookseller a few towns over . . .
But Wal Mart? No. For me that trade off is not worth it at all. Everyone sees different issues though . . .

Interesting. So you also care about where you items come from and not really only about the lowest price and getting the product as you said to Mi Grandma earlier.

I absolutely try to buy indepdentl stores locally. Groceries from various local farmers, gifts from a shop in town, books from the bookseller a few towns over . . .
But Wal Mart? No. For me that trade off is not worth it at all. Everyone sees different issues though . . .

I care that the items are available, and unfortunately, anymore finding some items locally can be impossible.
The local chain grocery store killed independent markets for the most part years before Walmart started selling groceries here.
I like Walmart, because unlike the local chain, their employees are happy and helpful and full time with benefits. Due to a bitter labor dispute most folks at the local chain at limited to 19 1/2 hours per week, the point they would get benefits.

I had this happen. Bought a set of pots and pans advertised as new, $50 cheaper than anyone else which should have been my first clue. When I got it everything was just thrown in the box with the packaging on top. It was a mess trying to get a return label to send it back. After looking at their seller's page it's clear they buy stuff to resell. Apparently they don't bother to check it out, just receive and sell.
I ordered some micro USB cords not too long ago. They were supposed to be new. I should have just ordered the Amazon basic ones in the first place for like 50 cents more. The ones I got were repackaged poorly (the original package obviously ripped and tapped back together) and they cords themselves were dusty/dirty! They were sold "as new." I was pretty ticked to get dusty merchandise.

I need to be more careful of looking who is selling the stuff because of that.

I ordered some micro USB cords not too long ago. They were supposed to be new. I should have just ordered the Amazon basic ones in the first place for like 50 cents more. The ones I got were repackaged poorly (the original package obviously ripped and tapped back together) and they cords themselves were dusty/dirty! They were sold "as new." I was pretty ticked to get dusty merchandise.

I need to be more careful of looking who is selling the stuff because of that.

I've bought used stuff through Amazon (not sold or shipped by Amazon), but I can't really argue too much given what I paid. They were Samsung phone power supplies, and I paid maybe $2 each including shipping. They were either used or taken from a box. They worked fine though.

No judgement here just want to give people something to ponder...

For those that only buy local and refuse to give their money to somewhere like Walmart consider this.

Say you go to Daytona Beach and there's this cute little surf shop with homemade souvenirs and you see this adorable necklace. Picture if you will ad black cord with silver clasp and a little silver dolphin charm with aqua beads on each side of it. It's $25 and you have to have it and you're supporting a local crafter right?
Guess what you could be supporting Walmart as well.
Where did that person get their material? Possibly in the crafting section of Walmart.
Who knows you may even walk into Walmart and see the exact same necklace. It's only $10 and an 8 year old girl had to make 100 of them before she could go home for the day in some 3rd world country.
So now... you have still supported Walmart, helped the local person make a HUGE profit, and because that necklace didn't sell that little girl does not get as much for her family.

This can go both ways too.
Say you refuse to purchase your veggies from Walmart. Well Walmart often partners with local farmers depending on the time of year and where you live so by not purchasing that pumpkin for Halloween from your local Walmart you are making Joe from 5 miles up the road lose a profit.

Again just something to chew on that buying local is not always the best and buying from Walmart is not always the worst.

No judgement here just want to give people something to ponder...

For those that only buy local and refuse to give their money to somewhere like Walmart consider this.

Say you go to Daytona Beach and there's this cute little surf shop with homemade souvenirs and you see this adorable necklace. Picture if you will ad black cord with silver clasp and a little silver dolphin charm with aqua beads on each side of it. It's $25 and you have to have it and you're supporting a local crafter right?
Guess what you could be supporting Walmart as well.
Where did that person get their material? Possibly in the crafting section of Walmart.
Who knows you may even walk into Walmart and see the exact same necklace. It's only $10 and an 8 year old girl had to make 100 of them before she could go home for the day in some 3rd world country.
So now... you have still supported Walmart, helped the local person make a HUGE profit, and because that necklace didn't sell that little girl does not get as much for her family.

This can go both ways too.
Say you refuse to purchase your veggies from Walmart. Well Walmart often partners with local farmers depending on the time of year and where you live so by not purchasing that pumpkin for Halloween from your local Walmart you are making Joe from 5 miles up the road lose a profit.

Again just something to chew on that buying local is not always the best and buying from Walmart is not always the worst.

Interesting devil's advocate argument.

Where things are sourced is much harder to know. Yes, someone might well have purchased their supplies from Wal Mart or Hobby Lobby or whatnot before I buy from them, but at least the profits I am directly contributing to are not to corportations I have bigissues with.

That said, I wouldn't want to knowingly support child labor (like that the 8 year old sells more if I buy from one store than another). I always think about when my family first began vacationing in Puerto Vallarta 35 years ago. There were little kids selling chiclets gum everywhere. They were adorable and looked very much in need. We were told over and over again by authorities and hotel front desks not to buy from them, that doing so encouraged their parents to keep them out of school and make them work, which ultimately harmed them, even if in the short term or for any one particular child buying might help. These days I almost never see a chiclet kid in the area, and the precentage of local children in school is much higher than it used to be. At the end of the day, not supporting the child laboor market helped far more children than supporting it did.

I had to have a laugh at the veggie example. In the US many of my veggies came from my CSA share---so all local. Now? I buy most of my milk, butter, sausages, eggs, yogurt, jam, fruits and veggies directly from local farmers and dairies---some run stands and some share a self service vending machine. And the grocery stores I shop at all make an effort to source locally and sign things that are from the local region. I'm really not worried about hurting the farmer down teh road by buying from her directly instead of from a big box store.

(I do buy form several chains, and Target is almost always among my stops when in the US----I can't say I awlays take the time to find a small or independet store. But I do try to avoid ones which I feel are particulary bad for one reason or another. Which is why I would care of buying from Amazon gave me somehting clearly from WalMart and that was not the labled third party seller---that is not just supplies to make into somethign else, but the finaly product I'm purchasing)

Last edited:
Dh just ordered a fan for our PC, wish us luck 'cause some if you know how hit 'n miss my antiquated Blackberry is! :teeth:

...and it came from...Walmart?! :eek:

I've ordered from Amazon for several years and have never ordered an item that came with a Walmart tag on it! Seems very strange to me!

I looked the same item (an Eastport backpack) up on Walmart's site and it was $14.88. On Amazon I paid $13.95, but both tags on the backpack say $14.88. I guess I got a good deal. :rotfl:

Just wondering if that's happened to anyone else?

Not from Walmart - but, get ready, from Goodwill!!!! (It was a DVD) Nothing against Goodwill, but still, for the life of me, can't figure that one out!!! :confused3 There was 'no' indication that it was 3rd party - actually didn't say, except I 'ordered' from Amazon!!

Interesting devil's advocate argument.

Where things are sourced is much harder to know. Yes, someone might well have purchased their supplies from Wal Mart or Hobby Lobby or whatnot before I buy from them, but at least the profits I am directly contributing to are not to corportations I have bigissues with.

That said, I wouldn't want to knowingly support child labor (like that the 8 year old sells more if I buy from one store than another). I always think about when my family first began vacationing in Puerto Vallarta 35 years ago. There were little kids selling chiclets gum everywhere. They were adorable and looked very much in need. We were told over and over again by authorities and hotel front desks not to buy from them, that doing so encouraged their parents to keep them out of school and make them work, which ultimately harmed them, even if in the short term or for any one particular child buying might help. These days I almost never see a chiclet kid in the area, and the precentage of local children in school is much higher than it used to be. At the end of the day, not supporting the child laboor market helped far more children than supporting it did.

I had to have a laugh at the veggie example. In the US many of my veggies came from my CSA share---so all local. Now? I buy most of my milk, butter, sausages, eggs, yogurt, jam, fruits and veggies directly from local farmers and dairies---some run stands and some share a self service vending machine. And the grocery stores I shop at all make an effort to source locally and sign things that are from the local region. I'm really not worried about hurting the farmer down teh road by buying from her directly instead of from a big box store.

(I do buy form several chains, and Target is almost always among my stops when in the US----I can't say I awlays take the time to find a small or independet store. But I do try to avoid ones which I feel are particulary bad for one reason or another. Which is why I would care of buying from Amazon gave me somehting clearly from WalMart and that was not the labled third party seller---that is not just supplies to make into somethign else, but the finaly product I'm purchasing)

Around here we get unlicensed fruit sellers selling on the side of the road. One spot is a corner near a local Costco. Another is a totally random rural area that's near a popular freeway entrance shortcut. It kind of scares me since I've heard about how they're provided the fruit and expected to sell it. Occasionally they get robbed, and when they return without the money or fruit they get punished. Some are paying off debts to human traffickers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter