Have you gone recently?

jamsmom

<font color=deeppink>Really isn't mean at all!<br>
I took my son to Univesal and IOA in summer 2000. We were not onsite and I thought there were so many more rude people in line than at WDW. (curse words were flying) Well, I am taking my son back because he REALLY wants to go. We are staying at HRH before swiching to AKL.

My question is this: Do you think that by staying on site that we will not have as many rude people to contend with? Were we just there the 1st time on an unlucky day? I know that maybe it was just a one-time thing.

I think that rude (and crude) people are not the norm at US/IOA, maybe you were just unfortunate to end up with some last time. If nothing else, by staying onsite, you will be able to get into the express line all day so you will not have to stand in line with anyone too long. I just got back and it was great having to only be in line 10 minutes at most for anything! Most standby waits were 50 to 65 minutes.

I rarely notice any rude people upon my weekly visits, but there are some bad apples. It is the fact that IOA attracts more rowdy people, Disney is more family oriented. FOTL will dodge possible cursors in line. I suggest you don't focus on few bad ones, because there really aren't that many...

Thanks for the positive feedback. I am sure that it was a rare happening on the last visit, but unforunately my son (who has selective hearing) seemed to always hear the words he didn't need to.....but isn't that always the case :)

I am looking forward to FOLT. On the rides that do NOT have FOTL, do they have anything like FastPass at WDW for thos staying on site?

Thanks you all!

We just got back. I did not notice any bad language but we stayed at the HRH and we never waited in a line because of express pass.

We will be there the 2nd week in June so that means there will be at least 4 non-rude people there!!!;) :D

We just returned and I only had 1 bad experience with a rude person. In general I think US/IOA is more laid back than Disney and people tend to be a little less stressed and rude. We had FOTL from staying at HRH and we had a great time. Hope you have a great trip.

You must have visited on an unlucky day...we have never run into that at Universal/IOA.

It was just one experience with one person - no big deal. It wasn't an unlucky day by any means. We had a ton of good to conteract the one bad. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter