Have you had the H1N1 vaccine??

my kids had theirs this sunday, both of their arms hurt for about a day and a half,my son had no other reactions,my daughter had very mild flu like symptoms for less than 24 hours.
they were extremely prepared for the crowds and we were in and out in a half hour

I was also going to say to connersmom911 I think the WHO has decided 1 dose is enough for kids.

I was also going to say to connersmom911 I think the WHO has decided 1 dose is enough for kids.

Where could I find more information about this? I took my kids Aged 9 and 2 in early November and was going to take them for the 2nd shot this week. But if they don't need it, great!

should we take the chance and hope neither of us get sick for our trip? or get the vaccines and hope for the best regarding side effects and long term side effects? Oh what to do! :confused:

We are leaving for Florida on February 26th and we are NOT getting the vaccine. We'd rather take the chance and we're quite sure we'll be fine.

The whole family got the shot on Friday afternoon. We were in and out in 45 minutes including the 15 minute wait after the shot. DD and I never get the regular flu shot, but we are leaving Dec 18 for 24 days in Florida, 17 at Disney and did not want to risk it. DH always gets the flu shot and is never sick. DD and I have had major colds etc. the past two winters. The crowds will be huge and people from all over the world so I expect the virus to be there. DD got Norwalk at Disney a few years ago and was hospitalized. I also got it but not as severe. It is no fun being sick on a major vacation so I bit the bullet and got the shot. Arms were sore a little bit for two days but that is all.

Linda

Went for H1N1 yesterday @ Pickering Town Centre (ON), no wait so entire process took about 25 minutes w/ the screening & 15 minutes they have you wait afterwards. Arm is about as sore as it was w/ the seasonal flu shot.

I did ask the nurse about the side effects in BC & she said it was due to the screening process (i.e. allergies to eggs, etc.) not being rigorous enough, not due to the vaccine.

Went for H1N1 yesterday @ Pickering Town Centre (ON), no wait so entire process took about 25 minutes w/ the screening & 15 minutes they have you wait afterwards. Arm is about as sore as it was w/ the seasonal flu shot.

I did ask the nurse about the side effects in BC & she said it was due to the screening process (i.e. allergies to eggs, etc.) not being rigorous enough, not due to the vaccine.

What were the side effects that you heard about?

My sister was wondering a while ago if my niece may have an allergy or intollerance to egg (around the time we found out she was lactose intollerant). Not sure if lots of other people with lactose intollerance also have problems with eggs. But she was the only one in our family to react to the H1N1 vaccine.

DH and I had our shots this morning. No line up - in and out in 30 minutes (including waiting after the shot for 15 mins). DD had her's a few weeks ago when she became eligible. We are ready for Disney now...........

Time to start counting down the days.........

Where's my calendar??????????

Jan:woohoo:

What were the side effects that you heard about?

My sister was wondering a while ago if my niece may have an allergy or intollerance to egg (around the time we found out she was lactose intollerant). Not sure if lots of other people with lactose intollerance also have problems with eggs. But she was the only one in our family to react to the H1N1 vaccine.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/health/h1n1-swine-flu/bc-see-spike-in-severe-reactions-to-flu-shot/article1367348/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter