• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Hello from Alabama

jliving2db

War Eagle
Greetings to all. My last trip to WDW was after graduating from junior high school way back in 1985 !!! But it looks like my family finally talked me into a trip this year (although to be honest, it didn't take a lot of prodding). So, I am in the process of planning an October trip. I am looking forward to checking out this site and seeing all of your reviews, suggestions, tips, etc.

I currently have the "Dummies" book, and it looks to be a greate resource, but I love the feedback that only sites like this can provide.

Is there a good spot to learn the lingo of this site, espeically abbreviations? A few I have figured out, such as the resorts. And I assume DD9 would be a nine year old Disney daughter?

Happy to be here.

Hi there! What part of Alabama are you from? I'm from Cullman. Nice to meet another DIS'er from 'Bama. :goodvibes

I'm originallly from Tuscaloosa, but now live in Birmingham. I graduated from Bama, so I must say ROLL TIDE! :rotfl:

Anyway, lots of changes since 1985 in Disney!! You really need to do research on the new stuff. #1 change: make all dining reservations as far out as you can or you WILL NOT get many table service meals!!!

Hope you have fun!!!:banana:

:wave2: Hello, and :welcome: From another Alabamian. I am in Phenix City. It is great to see someone else from Alabama here. I think we might be a small group. I have to say War Eagle.

I would like to suggest that you pick up a copy of Passporter Walt Disney World. I haven't seen the "dummies" guide, but I always rely on my Passporter, especially because it has pockets in the back that you can write all your plans on and where I can keep up with everything. It has fold out maps of the parks with a ride check list on the back of each map. It also has all the info you could possibly need to have a great trip, well in addition to the Dis.

I still remember planning my first trip 3 years ago and I bought the Birnbaum guide, and boy was I really lost when we went on our trip. I didn't know you had to plan your trip, but I made up for that on or 2nd trip in December 2006. I am currently planning my 6th and 7th trips for June and December 2008, with a possible August trip added later.

Feel free to ask any questions you can think of, because even after 5 trips, I still haven't experienced everything.

Suzanne princess:

Thanks for the tips everyone, and be sure that I will do a lot more investigation on this site and other locations.

I am from Sylacauga, although I was born in Alexander City and raised in Coosa County near Goodwater. I also lived in Auburn/Opelika for close to 10 years. During part of that time I worked in Columbus, GA, so I am somewhat familiar with Phenix City.

I have been to T-Town a couple of times, but not enough to know my way around.

I know of some other die-hard Disney fans from AL, but most of them probably don't know about this site. I'll have to pass the word along.

:cool1:

Checking in with the other Bama residents! Hi from Chelsea (oh the dreaded 280!):eek:

ROOOLLLLLL TIDE !!

I just ran across this thread. I am from Phenix City. I live in NC now, hubby is in the Army. Any advice for a first-timer to WDW. We are taking the 4 night/3 night Land and Sea Cruise in November 09. I know that is alittle while off, but I am feeling quite overwhelmed. Thanks in advance. :thumbsup2

I just ran across this thread. I am from Phenix City. I live in NC now, hubby is in the Army. Any advice for a first-timer to WDW. We are taking the 4 night/3 night Land and Sea Cruise in November 09. I know that is alittle while off, but I am feeling quite overwhelmed. Thanks in advance. :thumbsup2

That is too cool, I was born and raised in Phenix City, and well still live here. I work in Columbus, Ga. Where did you graduate from?

Unfortunately, I can't tell you anything about the Cruises (never been on one), but I can tell you that Passporter has a booked dedicated to the Cruises. They have their own website where you can order them at a discounted price, but they are also available at any bookstore.

Nice to meet you.

That is too cool, I was born and raised in Phenix City, and well still live here. I work in Columbus, Ga. Where did you graduate from?

Unfortunately, I can't tell you anything about the Cruises (never been on one), but I can tell you that Passporter has a booked dedicated to the Cruises. They have their own website where you can order them at a discounted price, but they are also available at any bookstore.

Nice to meet you.

:) I graduated from Smiths Station High School C/O 96'. Thank you so much for that tip. I will make sure I pick one up. Nice to meet you too.

:) I graduated from Smiths Station High School C/O 96'. Thank you so much for that tip. I will make sure I pick one up. Nice to meet you too.

I gratuated from Phenix Christian Class of 91'. I had several friends at Smiths Station and currently have a cousin that is a Junior there.

It is a Small World, pardon the pun :rotfl:

It sure is a Small World...I moved to Washington after graduating, and met a girl from Phenix City that was one of my cousin's closest friends....lol...funny how things work.

Hello and welcome. I am from just North of Tuscaloosa. ROLL TIDE. We are planning our first trip to the world for Sept 13-19.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I am really excited about planning our trip. No idea what I am doing, so any help from you vets will be greatly apprecited.
:love:ROLL TIDE!:cheer2:

War Eagle!!!
My folks live in Prattville and ILs live in Montgomery. We're in Memphis. We're going to WDW 12/7-12/13 with my folks.

Welcome to the DIS! :)

Hi from Tuscaloosa ! Welcome to the dis....you will find more information on here than you can ever use ! Have a great time planning your trip and I hope you have a great time !!

Hi...sorry I am late to the welcoming committee - but I just ran across this post! I too am from Tuscaloosa, AL and have to add my great big
rolltide3.gif
:lol

My sister is My2Angels on here and we were practically raised in Disney World - so it is in our blood! We are Disney fanatics! Welcome to the Dis...so glad you found it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter