Help! loads of disneyland Questions/

Warlock128

Mouseketeer
:surfweb: whats leaving and whats new?

just some questions i want to ask before i go in a few weeks, if im able too that is.....

How long is the 50th anniversary going to last? and when its over, what leaves with it?

Is remember, dreams come true going to stay for the end of the year?

what exact dates will the matterhorn be closed? i went to disneyland.com and checked on halloween day, and it said it would be closed for refurb.

Do you need any special tickets to get into disneyland on Halloween day? i was thinking of going to disneyland on the 30th, and 31st, staying in a hotel, will anything be closed during this time?

How can i go about reserving tickets for Blue bayou dinner and Fantasmic Balcony/ Riverside? Do i have to purchase tickets online, or just arrange a reservation and pay there?

those who live in California and see annual passes for sale in vons, and the disney store, are there any drawbacks if i were to purchase a annual pass * the red or purple ones * as of now? will they last 365 days form that day, or to a certain date? is it worth it for someone who will go at least once every 2 months? Any perks?

Is there any areas in disneyland thats reserved or good for dancing if i decide i want to dance with my girlfriend if she wants to , any romantic places you can think of?

i NEED a credit card to stay in the disneyland hotel dont i? ;-; i only have cash, and a vond credit card, but its just for withdrawl only. i want to stay the 29th to the nov. 1st. might have to think of another way if i cant.

Can i bring my old cups and mugs to disneyland and get them filled with soda there, or will they only use the cups and mugs used for those being sold at that time/ current mugs only. This goes for popcorn also.

If i stay at the disneyland hotel, i hear there are ways to get tickets to get in the park early, like an hour early before normal guests, is this for all areas of the park? and can we watch the ropedrop from afar? are most rides and food areas open? a nice breakfast before the crowd gets in would be nice.

How early is breakfast served in the disneyland hotel? I want a character breakfast, way before ropedrop begins, like at 6am if possible. Whats the latest time dinner is served at the resort? in case we get the munchies.

Last but not least. At the disney hotel, outside, inside, wherever.....besides disneyland itself, where at night , after park hours, would you consider to be the most romantic spot? i didnt see much, but i saw a area, kinda grassy near downtown disney, it was like a wooden canopy, like where you would hold a wedding if you had one, im probably not making much sense, hopefully someone knows what im talking about.

Thanks for your help.

I'll answer what I can.

The 50th officially ends on October 2. I'm guessing most of the decorations and gold ride vehicles will be going bye bye at that point.

Not in it's current form, from what I understand. But, other than Julie Andrews re-recording her part, I think it'll be essentially the same show.

I don't think anyone knows the exact dates at this point, but I expect it'll be closed at leaat until sometime in the week before Thanksgiving. (that's how long it would be closed under normal rehabs)

No, you won't. And other than the Matterhorn and It's a Small World (it'll be getting it's holiday layover), everything should be open. Of course, there could be technical problems with any ride at any time.

For the Blue Bayou you can just call the Disney Dining line. You can do the same for Fantasmic and have them transfer you, but there's another direct number, but I don't know it. For Blue Bayou, you'd pay at the ned of your meal, but Fantasmic ressies have to be paid at the time you call for the reservation.

No matter where you pick up your annual pass, it's just a voucher until you go to DL, where you'll get the real one (they take your picture and put it on the back of the AP). The last actually 366 (or 367 in a leap year) days from the day you go to the park to activate it. For instance, my AP anniversary date is April 8. I activated my first on April 8 of 2001. It was good until April 8 of 2002. From then on, I renewed it and April 8 stays my anniversary date so long as I renew by that day. Getting an AP is very much worth it if you go that often. They're paid for in 4 visits or less (depending on what level you get) and come with discounts. All have food discounts (ranging from 10% to 15% on premiums) and premiums also get an merchandise discount. You also have access to AP holder exclusive merchandise, bring a friend discounts in the off season, hotel discounts, and other things.

They have swing dancing most weekends at the Carnation Plaza Gardens.

I think so, but I don't know for sure.

Probably not. It's frowned upon, that's for sure.

I think 7am is the earliest, though I don't know for sure. At the DLH, Crocs, Bits and Bites is usually open pretty late.

Don't know.

Warlock128 said:
How can i go about reserving tickets for Blue bayou dinner and Fantasmic Balcony/ Riverside? Do i have to purchase tickets online, or just arrange a reservation and pay there?
For Blue Bayou, just get a Priority Seating time by calling the Disneyland Dining number no more than 60 days in advance: 714-781-DINE (3463).

For Fantasmic!, be aware that you're going in the off-season, so it will probably only be running on Friday and Saturday nights. If your trip is less than 30 days away it may already be too late to get the Fantasmic! seating. Otherwise, call 714-781-4400 beginning at 8 a.m. PST 30 days in advance of the Fantasmic! date.

Warlock128 said:
those who live in California and see annual passes for sale in vons, and the disney store, are there any drawbacks if i were to purchase a annual pass * the red or purple ones * as of now? will they last 365 days form that day, or to a certain date? is it worth it for someone who will go at least once every 2 months? Any perks?
That depends...I don't know what the colors mean, but all of the APs except the Premium AP have blackout dates, so if your visits will be mostly on weekends/holidays, the blackout dates will really limit the days you can visit. We find the Deluxe AP to be not too bad - there's a lot of Saturdays we can't go, but we don't want to be there on Saturdays anyway because it's so busy.

As far as perks go...you get restaurant discounts at most restaurants (with a minimum purchase - I think it's $15-$20, but I don't remember). With the Premium AP you also get a 10% discount on most merchandise, plus free parking - with the other APs you can add parking for $49 (and if you're going to visit the park more than 5 days a year it's WELL worth it to add the parking feature when you activate the AP!)

Warlock128 said:
If i stay at the disneyland hotel, i hear there are ways to get tickets to get in the park early, like an hour early before normal guests, is this for all areas of the park? and can we watch the ropedrop from afar? are most rides and food areas open? a nice breakfast before the crowd gets in would be nice.
Fantasyland is the only part of the park that is open during "Early Entry". I believe that the bakery on Main Street and the character meal at the Plaza Inn are open for breakfast...not sure about the Carnation Cafe.

Laura

Actually, there no longer is a limit at restaurants (and when there was it was a $10 minimum). If they try to say there's one (and if they do, they'll say it's $10), fight them on that one.

A Romantic Spot? There are some nice cozy places at the Grand Californian. An outdoor fireplace; a courtyard area; and a wine arbor. You can also walk around the DL hotel to where the waterfalls are. Good luck - it sounds as if you have something special planned :yay:

Everything will be open halloween.
Debit cards or similar as well as cash deposits exceeding your estimated hotel balance are accepted at check-in for use.
Only Fantasyland and Mickey's Toontown are avail for EE, and even then not all rides are avail.
I believe the earliest Hotel Character breakfast is 700 at the PCH Grill and 730 at Storytellers and Goofy's Kitchen. Call Disneyland Dining and they can tell you for certain. The Character dining experiences are a must to reserve in advance year-round.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter