Help...making ADR's in 5 days

Meghan4

Mouseketeer
We will be at Disney for 6 nights in late September. It will be me, husband, and 4 kids ranging in age from 12-5. These are the places we were thinking of booking for each night in no particular order:

Whispering Canyon
T-REX
SCI-FI
Ohana
Biergarten
Tusker House

I would love to hear the good and bad of them. We have been to T-REX and Biergarten before, so we are familiar with those.

We have been to Whispering Canyon several times and we enjoy the bottomless skillet. I think your kids will get a kick out of the waitstaff's antics. Make sure they ask for ketchup! lol SCI-FI is just ok to me. I dont remember the food being that great (its been a few years) but the kids will think the atmosphere is pretty cool. Ohana was good.. be prepared its a lot of food! We made the mistake of having a large lunch that day and our waiter laughed at the small dent we made in the huge pile of food.

We have been to Whispering Canyon several times and we enjoy the bottomless skillet. I think your kids will get a kick out of the waitstaff's antics. Make sure they ask for ketchup! lol SCI-FI is just ok to me. I dont remember the food being that great (its been a few years) but the kids will think the atmosphere is pretty cool. Ohana was good.. be prepared its a lot of food! We made the mistake of having a large lunch that day and our waiter laughed at the small dent we made in the huge pile of food.
Thanks! I chose Whispering Canyon, because we are staying at Wildnerness Lodge. I thought that would be perfect for the first night, since we will be just getting in. Bummer about Sci-Fi! The day we are at HS, I was hoping to pick something there or close.

Ohana and Sci-Fi are always must-dos for us. We love Sci-Fi for the burgers and shakes. I wouldn't go there for a steak. Whispering Canyon is just alright and if you're doing Tusker House, I'd stick with the breakfast. T-Rex was horrid last time we went. Food was nasty and service was bad.

Whispering Canyon get the bottomless skillet and enjoy the antics. I drank my diet coke to quickly and when I asked for a refill they brought me out the biggest glass I have ever seen.
Ohana's is my families favorite we eat there twice a trip. If you want to see the fireworks try for a later ADR they pipe in the music.
T-Rex is OK just be ready for the noise but with 4 kids you are probably cool with increased noise levels.
I call Sci Fi a CS impersonating a TS because its mostly burgers and fries but they are good burgers and as a Drive In fan I love the theming.
Biergarten I can't comment on. I am Jewish and tend to avoid places that have a lot of pork.

We will be at Disney for 6 nights in late September. It will be me, husband, and 4 kids ranging in age from 12-5. These are the places we were thinking of booking for each night in no particular order:

Whispering Canyon
T-REX
SCI-FI
Ohana
Biergarten
Tusker House

I would love to hear the good and bad of them. We have been to T-REX and Biergarten before, so we are familiar with those.

We've been to Ohana Breakfast and Sci Fi dine in for lunch. We like them both and would definitely go back. We enjoy Ohana for the character interaction (my 11 DD is a stitch fanatic) and we enjoy the meal. I really like not having to get up like a buffet and we had excellent service while we were there. The character interaction was great in that they all could read my kids and see who wanted to engage more and who was more shy. They were also pretty fun with the adults. We really liked sci fi. The food is standard burgers, fries and shakes but we really liked the atmosphere. Eating in a car is a ton of fun! The kids enjoyed sitting in their own rows and not having to face us for the meal!

Ohana and Sci-Fi are always must-dos for us. We love Sci-Fi for the burgers and shakes. I wouldn't go there for a steak. Whispering Canyon is just alright and if you're doing Tusker House, I'd stick with the breakfast. T-Rex was horrid last time we went. Food was nasty and service was bad.
That’s too bad about T-Rex. The last time we were there was about
4 years ago and it was fun, but now I am reconsidering.

Whispering Canyon get the bottomless skillet and enjoy the antics. I drank my diet coke to quickly and when I asked for a refill they brought me out the biggest glass I have ever seen.
Ohana's is my families favorite we eat there twice a trip. If you want to see the fireworks try for a later ADR they pipe in the music.
T-Rex is OK just be ready for the noise but with 4 kids you are probably cool with increased noise levels.
I call Sci Fi a CS impersonating a TS because its mostly burgers and fries but they are good burgers and as a Drive In fan I love the theming.
Biergarten I can't comment on. I am Jewish and tend to avoid places that have a lot of pork.
Yes, with 4 kids it’s always loud! Haha. Do you have any favorites that you would recommend?

T-REX is a high-priced noise factory - you can get better food at TGIFridays. Ohana is good for breakfast but dinner has gone downhill. If you want something on the Monorail, consider The Wave at the Contemporary. In Animal Kingdom, Yak and Yeti is very good for lunch or dinner; not sure which meal Tusker House was covering. If you don’t have Japanese hibachi by you, Teppan Edo is a lot of fun with good food.
Enjoy!

T-REX is a high-priced noise factory - you can get better food at TGIFridays. Ohana is good for breakfast but dinner has gone downhill. If you want something on the Monorail, consider The Wave at the Contemporary. In Animal Kingdom, Yak and Yeti is very good for lunch or dinner; not sure which meal Tusker House was covering. If you don’t have Japanese hibachi by you, Teppan Edo is a lot of fun with good food.
Enjoy!
We live in a suburb of Atlanta, so we do have hibachi. I was considering Yak and Yeti, would you do that over Tusker? All of these would be for dinner.

Yes, with 4 kids it’s always loud! Haha. Do you have any favorites that you would recommend?
We eat twice at Ohana's every trip and I love Whispering Canyon Café and Boma is incredible. Now if you are able to take a date night Jiko's is expensive but I really think its the best restaurant on property.

We really enjoy Sci-Fi. Its just fun, and the burgers are very good. The milk shakes are very good.
Haven't been to Tusker house for a while, but we really enjoy Yak and Yeti. I would pick based on the menu.
Its been a while since we ate at Ohanas. The food was okay, nothing special and it hasn't made our list to return to.
If you can get to AKL, I seond going to Boma. Probably the best buffet at WDW. AS PP mentioned, for date night Jiko is hard to beat. Its our must do every trip.

T-REX - I do not enjoy this place at all. It is insanely loud and the food is on par with a bad Applebee's. If I wanted to experience the theming, I'd do apps and beverages here during an off time.
SCI-FI - This place is fun and well-themed. Stick with the burgers, fries, and shakes which fit the atmosphere anyway. The other food I've had is not great.
Ohana - We adore 'Ohana. Great food and entertainment and atmosphere.
Biergarten - Another winner, the pretzel bread and salads are my favorites.

T-REX - I do not enjoy this place at all. It is insanely loud and the food is on par with a bad Applebee's. If I wanted to experience the theming, I'd do apps and beverages here during an off time.
SCI-FI - This place is fun and well-themed. Stick with the burgers, fries, and shakes which fit the atmosphere anyway. The other food I've had is not great.
Ohana - We adore 'Ohana. Great food and entertainment and atmosphere.
Biergarten - Another winner, the pretzel bread and salads are my favorites.
I hate Applebee's, so this is a no brainer for me. I only put it down because my oldest has always loved dinosaurs, and he is having his birthday over the trip. It sounds like I need to talk him about a different place.

We live in a suburb of Atlanta, so we do have hibachi. I was considering Yak and Yeti, would you do that over Tusker? All of these would be for dinner.
I can’t speak to Tusker House but we enjoy Yak and Yeti — there’s a nice variety of pan-Asian food and some good desserts. If you have any Landry restaurants by you, consider joining the Landry Club. You get a $25 coupon for joining, which offsets the $25 joining fee. You accrue points towards gift certificates and $25 for your birthday. With respect to Disney, Landry’s Club members “jump the line” at any Landry’s restaurant, even ADRs. It’s nice in that it gives you flexibility.

I can’t speak to Tusker House but we enjoy Yak and Yeti — there’s a nice variety of pan-Asian food and some good desserts. If you have any Landry restaurants by you, consider joining the Landry Club. You get a $25 coupon for joining, which offsets the $25 joining fee. You accrue points towards gift certificates and $25 for your birthday. With respect to Disney, Landry’s Club members “jump the line” at any Landry’s restaurant, even ADRs. It’s nice in that it gives you flexibility.
Thanks for the info! I will definitely check into it.

Tusker House is my favorite character meal. I think it is a must with kids in that age range. The only one on your list that I would shy away from is T-Rex. I didn’t like the food, and it is almost as loud as a rock concert. (Not really...but it is impossible to have a conversation). You can’t really go wrong with any of the other ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter