HELP-- Mom want to experience Europe at World Showcase

Rneighh

<font color=CC33CC>This is a horse of a different
I surprised my Mom with a trip to WDW at Christmas. She has been looking through the guide book I gave her and stated, "I would really love to spend some time at World Showcase. That is the closest I think I will ever get to Europe."

My dilema -- on our past trips we have not spent lots of time in World Showcase. Of course we have seen Illiuminations and ToD. We have ridden Mexico and Norway and have seen most of the films. What can we do in France, England, Italy to give my Mom that European feel. She is go excited about the trip we could do nothing but sit and she would be thrilled. I want to relly WOW her if I can.

Thanks Renee

England- Stop for a pint of Bass at the Rose and Crown Pub.
Walk throught the Rose Garden and the Maze.

France- Have dinner at Chefs de France. Request a seat by the window so you can watch people stroll by. Watch the living mannequins (sp?) show. There is a movie about France here also.

Italy- Watch Masquerade and browse the fancy shops.

The best part is just enjoying the atmosphere and taking it all in. Listen to the music, watch the entertainment, and smell the food!!

The joy of World Showcase is exploring and savoring each pavilion--it's architecture, gardens, shopping, entertainment, cast members and cuisine.

In the UK:
There are several types of architecture represented in this pavilion. Can you identify them all?
Hoist a pint of ale in the Rose and Crown Pub when Pam Brody is performing. She sings English pub songs and familiar standards and is quite entertaining. Sing along and be sure to introduce yourself to her.
Enjoy Harry Ramsden's fish and chips at the outdoor stand.
Explore the authentic English gardens, including the buttefly garden and the hedgerow maze.
Enjoy a performance of the British Invasion in the Hyde Park style bandstand.
Browse the shops and strike up a conversation or two with the cast members who come from all over the United Kingdom.

Can you still see Illiuminations from Crown and Rose?

Renee

Through Disney Event Productions you can reserve a professional photographer if you want to get some family photos taken at Epcot. They have access to the World Showcase in the mornings before it opens (I believe the WS doesn't open until 11am), so you aren't fighting crowds to get a good shot.

They will let you choose as many backdrops as time permits. Your sitting fee includes access to the photographer for a full hour, so there is usually time to get shots at 3 or 4 different settings.

I did this for my parents as a birthday gift back in September, and I was very happy with the results. We had our photos taken at our resort since it was a travel day, but they indicated that you can pretty much go anywhere on WDW property EXCEPT Disney/MGM Studios.

The sitting fee will run you a little over $200, but they will take as many photos as you want for a full hour. You get ALL of the proofs, with the best photos sent in a very nice fold-open portfolio.

Shop! If you look carefully, you might find some items in each shop that truly do represent that country and are hard to find (meaning, you can't just get them at Wal-Mart). Just wandering through each country and looking at the wonderful details will be quite a treat.

Take in the street performers. The Living Statues in France are amazing, and there's a woman outside of Japan who makes absolute works of art out of sugar-syrup. She takes requests and makes the most amazing animal suckers....for free.

I'll just make the suggestion that you might share Afternoon Tea with your mom at the Garden View Lounge at the Grand Floridian, for the feeling of being in England. It's offered from 2-4:30 daily.

Renee,
Yes, you can still see Illuminations from the Rose and Crown.

The entertainment throughout te pavilions make the experience truly seem authentic. Some of my favorites are the Living Statues and Masquarade at Italy, and World Showcase Players in the United Kingdom. Also, many of the restaurants are great. I would recogmend Chefs de France, Alfrado's in Italy, or the Biergarden in Germany. If you want to see more about the entertainment, try Steve Soars' Entertainment Site.

Go slowly!!! Savor each country!

If you can, skip the front of the park stuff and go right to the WS. My number one fav (and that of my 5 and 7 year olds!!) was to sit on the patio of the Patisserie in France, listening to French music, eating the most delicious pastries and drinking wine (well, I drank the wine!). I really felt like I was THERE!!

Also, spend some time talking to the CMs in each country. They love to talk about their homelands and answer questions.

ENJOY!!

EPCOT WS is quickly becoming my families fav park! My kids are 2.5 and 8 and they both LOVE WS!

Our favourite thing to do, we call, "EATING AROUND THE WORLD!" With small kids, the counter service restaurants are the best. We like to visit all the countries counter service restaurants and order something small and share it. We are all stuffed by the time we eat at four or five countries. By that time, it's nice to enjoy a biscotti at Italy or pastry at France! My dd loves China and UK, I love Japan and Norway, dh loves Germany and Mexico! Order the taboli (sp?) from Morocco, it's yummy! We stip Canada, because we live in Canada. EATING AROUND THE WORLD it a great way to enjoy the food while sitting and soaking in the country! BON APPETIT! S

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter