Here are my 1st attempts...

bethbuchall

DIS Veteran
Here is my first attempt at a shirt for our August trip. All critiques genuinely appreciated! If you think something would look better, please feel free to say so. My dd is planning to wear Julia and Nicks Mom's "It's my birthday, feel free to treat me like a Princess" shirt for most of her birthday. I've designed this soley for her birthday breakfast at Crystal Palace.

BirthdayPooh3.jpg

Also, for you Adobe Photoshop Elements users--Is there a way to outline text?

Beth

bethbuchall said:
Here is my first attempt at a shirt for our August trip. All critiques genuinely appreciated! If you think something would look better, please feel free to say so. My dd is planning to wear Julia and Nicks Mom's "It's my birthday, feel free to treat me like a Princess" shirt for most of her birthday. I've designed this soley for her birthday breakfast at Crystal Palace.

BirthdayPooh3.jpg

Beth

Very Nice. :thumbsup2
Sorry, I am a print shopt & Photo Impact person.
Penny

bethbuchall said:

BirthdayPooh3.jpg

Beth

I think it looks great! I agree that the text outlined would really make it stand out.... I have Photoshop, I'll see if I can figure it out!

I'd like to know the secret of outlining text too :)

Very cute. Love the Hundred Acre Woods Map as the background. I don't know about outlining in Photo Element (I use Photoimpact). Great job!

Thanks for the positive comments! Here is another try. I "cheated" and made the words up with the outline in PrintShop then saved them as jpeg files. I'm sure that there must be some way to outline text in Elements, but I haven't found it yet...took me long enough to figure out how to use the gradient fill with text!

BirthdayPooh4.jpg

Beth

bethbuchall said:
Thanks for the positive comments! Here is another try. I "cheated" and made the words up with the outline in PrintShop then saved them as jpeg files. I'm sure that there must be some way to outline text in Elements, but I haven't found it yet...took me long enough to figure out how to use the gradient fill with text!

BirthdayPooh4.jpg

Beth

This will be great for Crystal Palace. It should give her lots of attention! Hope she has a great birthday. What a great way to spend your 13th birthday - at Disney with my favorite character - Tigger. :thumbsup2

I love this design. I am sending you a PM to see if you can modify it for my mom's birthday. I thought I was through making shirts for this trip. :rotfl2: I guess I will be making them until I leave.

UP Disney said:
This will be great for Crystal Palace. It should give her lots of attention! Hope she has a great birthday. What a great way to spend your 13th birthday - at Disney with my favorite character - Tigger. :thumbsup2

She loves the whole Pooh gang, but Eeyore holds an extra special place in her heart.

Beth

dumby said:
I love this design. I am sending you a PM to see if you can modify it for my mom's birthday. I thought I was through making shirts for this trip. :rotfl2: I guess I will be making them until I leave.

I should be able to modify it. As soon as I get your PM with the info, I'll work on it.

Beth

Here is attempt #2. This shirt will be for ds when we go to the (as of yet unnanounced) new MGM breakfast/lunch. Thanks to Kate (Julia and Nicks Mom) for the name idea!

MilesPixar.jpg

Can you still tell that it says Miles?

Beth

bethbuchall said:
I should be able to modify it. As soon as I get your PM with the info, I'll work on it.

Beth

Thank you, thank you, thank you Beth. I really love this design. I sent the PM.

bethbuchall said:
Here is attempt #2. This shirt will be for ds when we go to the (as of yet unnanounced) new MGM breakfast/lunch. Thanks to Kate (Julia and Nicks Mom) for the name idea!

MilesPixar.jpg

Can you still tell that it says Miles?

Beth

Yes, you can tell it says Miles.

hmmm there is a way to outline text pretty easy.. but its hard to explain..lol

Best bet is to do a google search.. thats what i did to learn.. its quick and easy with a text layer..

Beth I sent another PM. Not sure what happened. If you do not get this one please let me know as I need to get this done in the next couple of days as we leave on Wed. Really the only thing I need changed is the 13 to 70. I like the first design colors better as I will be putting it on a green shirt.

I so appreciate you time and effort to do this for me. All the DDA people are just wonderful. Thanks again.

Delinda

Text outlining can be done by using the "stroke" command in photoshop, not sure about the other programs.

dumby said:
Beth I sent another PM. Not sure what happened. If you do not get this one please let me know as I need to get this done in the next couple of days as we leave on Wed. Really the only thing I need changed is the 13 to 70. I like the first design colors better as I will be putting it on a green shirt.

I so appreciate you time and effort to do this for me. All the DDA people are just wonderful. Thanks again.

Delinda

Delinda,

I just sent you a PM. I had no problem changing the design for you, but photobucket resized it. (I have the free version.) Here is the design. If you PM me your e-mail address, I'll send out the actual file.

BirthdayPooh70th.jpg

Beth

ladylucca said:
Text outlining can be done by using the "stroke" command in photoshop, not sure about the other programs.

Thanks for the tip! I'll look that up and give it a try.

Beth

Oh, great job! I've been wanting to try more of this. I actually do quite a bit of similar stuff for work, but I've been nervous, because this is more important, it's DISNEY! :rotfl2:
Anyway, they look great. You can read MILES, but have you tried putting a little shading in the letters? It may be too hard to do, but I was thinking, when you iron it on, ur either going to have clear, white, or have to cut those out. What color shirt are you thinking? Oh, IDK. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter