Here now…DL was a Disaster Today!!

DL salvaged itself today. Our plan we had in place for yesterday worked perfectly today!! With Genie+ we got on all the rides we wanted and even a few more. Crowd was much more manageable today. Going back tonight for the fireworks and already have a LL for Indy.

I’m sticking to my guns about the signage though!!

As for being able to take criticism about my comments…wellll I’ve been on the Dis since 2002 and I’ve taken and given out my fair share of it so it’s all water off a ducks back to me!!

I definitely find myself wishing Toontown had a path to Galaxy's Edge. I realize that Galaxy's Edge already has three entrances, but both it and Toontown were later additions to the park so anything to ease the traffic. (Plus, not having to walk through Fantasyland during peak Fantasyland hours would be A DREAM.)
I hope they'll eventually add a pathway, it would make such a difference. Not sure if it's even possible, but I can hope lol

DL salvaged itself today. Our plan we had in place for yesterday worked perfectly today!! With Genie+ we got on all the rides we wanted and even a few more. Crowd was much more manageable today. Going back tonight for the fireworks and already have a LL for Indy.

As for being able to take criticism about my comments…wellll I’ve been on the Dis since 2002 and I’ve taken and given out my fair share of it so it’s all water off a ducks back to me!!
I'm so glad today was better! Have a great time watching the fireworks :)

If I remember correctly, Early October is also when several school districts in AZ, UT, CA and NV have a two week fall break, which leads to the parks being crazy. At least this is what we were told in 2012 on our last October DL trip. We are opting for November this year and hoping for smaller crowds.

Yep 2021. I took a year off after that trip.
So did we! In fact, we wouldn't have gone back this year either, but DD had to be out there for a morning over Labor Day weekend and had both Friday and Tuesday off of school, so we figured we might as well make a DLR trip of it. I was braced for it to be as crowded as October since it was a holiday weekend and was pleasantly surprised.

I didn't realize how bad that October trip would be. We have gone to WDW that week many times as we have fall break the week before that holiday Monday (and we are not in the above states). Our fall break is only for the last part of the week, so now that she is in high school, we didn't want to pull her out the whole week, and thought DLR would be a good alternative. It was not.

We've been to DL a few times now in October and I've decided that I don't really care much for going in October anymore. Especially when it's during "fall break" week (which would have been last week for my kids). Mobbed with people.

I went w/some extended family on a Friday in mid-September last month and it was amazing. We had a glorious time. All of the rides were operational. We were there from open to close (8 am - 12 am). Went on 20 rides. Didn't go on everything, but it's not possible to do it all in one day.

But when more than a couple of the big headliner rides are offline, then there's a trickle down effect to everything else in the park. Sorry you had such a rough go of it that day! Sounds like you need a 'do over' trip!

Probably won’t be a popular opinion here but give me WDW any day over DL. We’ve been to WDW about 30 times and never experienced a day like this today at DL.
It might not be popular, but I'll agree with you. I can't speak to lately. Wife and I have been married 21 years. The first 10 years was 7 trips to WDW. The last 10 years have been DL trips (because the $2500 price tag for flying doesn't fit this working-man's budget). It seems like DL has rides breaking down ALL THE TIME! Big Thunder, Matterhorn, Space Mt, Indy, Luigi's, and don't get me started at how often the fireworks show gets cancelled. We did WDW for just 3 days back in '21 and never had a problem with rides being down or shows cancelled, even in heavy rains!

And as far as crowds go, October is always bad at DL. But WDW can absorb those crowds much better. I love DL, but WDW has always been superior in multiple ways. For us, at least.

Probably won’t be a popular opinion here but give me WDW any day over DL. We’ve been to WDW about 30 times and never experienced a day like this today at DL.

Your day sounds a lot like the one we had at HS last November! It was so terrible, so many things down and LL times were insane. We had G+ and ended up doing only 3 (!) attractions before we gave up and left the park, and that included paying for LL+ on RotR. We were there right at rope drop and because of a combo of rides being down and insane crowds, by 9am the return time for Slinky was well into the late evening!

Thanks.

Any thoughts on why June 17-19th would be packed? I know Mondays tend to be bad but curious about that Tuesday/Wednesday since we'll be in the parks those days. Hmm.
Summer is not nearly as bad as October. But if you want the best days go when the most Magic Keys are blocked. This summer Believe Keys were blocked on Saturdays in July and those days were not crowded.

I disagree about signage. I think the park map is very straight forward and you can basically keep walking in a giant circle if ever lost (hub/spoke system.) Take 5 minutes to look at park layout before day starts and that's all it takes. I've been to shopping malls far more confusing than Disneyland.

1697050207506.png
1697050373626.png
1697050409260.png
1697050443347.png
1697050498942.png
1697050543567.png

Last edited:
I disagree about signage. I think the park map is very straight forward and you can basically keep walking in a giant circle if ever lost (hub/spoke system.) Take 5 minutes to look at park layout before day starts and that's all it takes. I've been to shopping malls far more confusing than Disneyland.

View attachment 801108
View attachment 801109
View attachment 801110
View attachment 801111
View attachment 801112
View attachment 801113
I think he was just hangry, hadn't had a snickers yet. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter