There is so much in G+ that’s dependent on crowd levels. I’d love to do the EPCOT/HS strategy, however saw over holidays where most G+ was gone for HS after 11am, which means I’d have whatever I book at 7, plus what I book at 11 and that may be it. Considering we are going during a very busy week, thinking we may be better off starting with early entry in HS to get 1 or 2 things done before crowds swell and just keep the afternoon/evening flexible to let us stay in HS until we get to do most everything we want. Thoughts? I looked at opening vs closing and wait times appeared to be about the same
This is why I think Park Hoppers are great. Run out of options at HS, start stacking in another park and take off. We did that with AK and MK and it worked great.

Sounds great!! How was Remy?
I'm not the OP, but I'll answer anyway 😉 We liked it but were glad we didn't pay for it. It was much shorter than I expected it to be!

I'm curious. You actually arrived to the IG at 9:00? Or that is when the line started moving? Trying to decide what time to walk over from Dolphin. Also, how do they merge the Remy line for the guests entering the IG vs from the front of the park?
Again, not the OP, but we did a similar thing as they did. We arrived to IG via Skyliner. We were allowed to tap in around 8:45. We went straight to Remy's. They started letting people on the ride at 9:05, and we were off by 9:20. I'm not sure how they handled guests coming from the front of the park for Remy's.

I'm curious. You actually arrived to the IG at 9:00? Or that is when the line started moving? Trying to decide what time to walk over from Dolphin. Also, how do they merge the Remy line for the guests entering the IG vs from the front of the park?
I'm not sure there will be too much of a merge for Remy as IG have a definite advantage for this one ride as they enter the park very close to the ride whereas they front guests have about a 10 min walk to reach it. I'm guessing by the time the front of the park guests arrive, they will just enter the back of the queue.

For guests who are staying at non-Skyliner/Epcot resorts, you may wish to consider taking a bus to DHS and then Skyliner, Friendship Boat or walk to DHS in order to enter via IG for ETPE.

For guests who are staying at non-Skyliner/Epcot resorts, you may wish to consider taking a bus to DHS and then Skyliner, Friendship Boat or walk to DHS in order to enter via IG for ETPE.

Or not. . .the Skyliner has created enough congestion at the IG entrance without further burdening it with those who are not staying on the line or in the Boardwalk area. :rolleyes1

We arrived at 9. We were no where close to the front, we were near the skyliner. The line seemed to move in chunks. Like five minutes then break, etc. So we were through the turnstiles and checked in for early morning magic by 9:16. No idea on the merge but my best guess is we arrived before anyone in the front of the park

Anyone have recent experience riding ROTR using standby during the ETPE period for resort guests? I'd really like to avoid purchasing a ILL$ for it, but questioning whether it is needed during busier times. I suppose "worth it" is subjective, but interested in what others have to say. FWIW, we will have 4 people in our party.

Anyone have recent experience riding ROTR using standby during the ETPE period for resort guests? I'd really like to avoid purchasing a ILL$ for it, but questioning whether it is needed during busier times. I suppose "worth it" is subjective, but interested in what others have to say. FWIW, we will have 4 people in our party.
We rope dropped and were in the first group to get on the ride. We bought LL while we were on the ride because we wanted to do it again 🤣

ROTR is down 🙄 And we have ILL for it starting in 5 minutes. Or, we did, now it's an "experience redemption" for ROTR which we can use at any time for the remainder of the park day. Except we were going to hop to MK for 8pm. Is it a major pain and time suck to seek a refund from guest services?

ROTR is down 🙄 And we have ILL for it starting in 5 minutes. Or, we did, now it's an "experience redemption" for ROTR which we can use at any time for the remainder of the park day. Except we were going to hop to MK for 8pm. Is it a major pain and time suck to seek a refund from guest services?

When this happened to me in December, I stopped at GS just inside the park on the way out. Waited in line ten minutes, give or take. The process was quick and easy once it was my turn. Good luck!

Sitting here at nomad lounge..those churros yum! Trying to process my thoughts on my 2nd full day of my solo trip. Magic Kingdom not getting genie or early resort entry today was useless. Walked around with no plan...on purpose...learn from my experiment. Plan on honing the planning during the week
Busses seem to be a lot more sparse. At Contemporary animal kingdom bus was scheduled to arrive an hour after i arrived around 1p. Took the monorail to Poly,, had a back scratcher, and took tbr bus from there.

Tomorrow is our HS day. We will be driving but wasn’t sure when the car lanes allow you to start getting in line? Is 730am too early?

Not OP, but we followed a similar timeline for Remy on Friday walking over from the BC right before 9:00. I believe they hold the front of the park resort guests until closer to 9:30. We were heading towards the front of the park from Remy’s at 9:35 & there was a solid pack of people coming from the front of the park. It tapered off by the time we got past Canada.

you know what would be really great? If they simply gave you the option of experience redemption or refund by the push of a button. Then again, that would require marginally functional IT 🙄

For those who are "here now/just back" - I know weather can be unpredictable and I'm good with layers, etc. But - has anyone brought and needed (or didn't bring but needed) a fan or cooling towel? It seems not necessary given the weather predictions - but I thought I'd check in.
Bumping because I didn't see an answer to this

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter