Somebody upstream had 8 days in the parks. From NorCal! Do you have annual passes or how did you manage that? We are taking DD’s fiancé in October, and he has never been. Trying to figure out how to get into each park twice.

I've been here since Saturday. Was definitely significantly more crowded on the weekend. There was a noticeable drop-off in crowd level Monday and Tuesday. The mask surprisingly does not add to body heat, although the basic blue "medical" ones seem to be the way to go. I tried a fabric one but it seemed hotter so I switched back pretty quickly. It's just extremely hot (for me at least) so it'll overwhelm you either way. Breaks, shade, hydration are key. Overall, wearing a face mask (correctly, the entire time) is far less annoying and uncomfortable than I thought it would be.

Previous comments on sporadic wait times are definitely true. Splash posted 30 minutes yesterday and that's about what it was. Yet Peter Pan said 25 minutes and it was basically a walk on. (maybe 4 minutes to board the row waiting in the last bit of queue approaching the ride).

Most people seem happy to be here, and there's a very good time to be had if you just take your time, follow the instructions, and keep a little distance. Also be prepared to go the wrong way and be corrected by a friendly cast member. I've tried to go out the wrong door a couple of times at the roaring fork and it can get a little silly when no ones around, but I just roll with it and make it a joke.

Sure I'm missing some of the stuff that's closed, but this is also one of my all time favorite trips. I'm enjoying the lower crowds, full time cast members, and have met some nice folks at the pool during night swims, something I've missed out on when parks stay open later. I'm also surprisingly enjoying someone else serving me my coffee in a cup (it's the little things, folks :teeth:) and I REALLY enjoyed the family style breakfast at Chef Mickey's (for $25!!). I've also enjoyed checking out a new-to-me resort; this will likely be the only time ever that 7 nights in a Copper Creek studio are available 2 weeks before arrival!

I've done all I came to do, so am going to relax a bit and stroll into a park later this afternoon just for fun. I'm thinking of trying for another ROTR boarding pass at 2. (I rode Sunday and got one on Tuesday but they didn't open it that day due to Emporer Palpatine's force lightning strike.)

Somebody upstream had 8 days in the parks. From NorCal! Do you have annual passes or how did you manage that? We are taking DD’s fiancé in October, and he has never been. Trying to figure out how to get into each park twice.
I have a gold AP and am staying on property. I could book Hollywood Studios every day if I wanted to. If you're a resort guest or buy a regular (Non-AP) ticket, the calendar is almost completely wide open.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/a...ckets,resort,passholder&defaultSegment=resort

For those concerned about weather taking the Skyliner down, why not install a lightning tracker on your phone and set the radius to 30 miles. I like My Lightning Tracker on iOS as it seems the best at sending notifications to my watch, its free. I have my interval notice set to 15 minutes, this way it
s not constantly going off but I have an idea if its safe to get into the pool. There are many lightning tracker apps if you dont like this one.

Yes we've been struggling to find time to swim with the pool hours. We left HS midday today to swim and are just about to hit the pool now.
The website says the main pools are going by the posted hours but the quiet pools are open 24 hrs, so you should be able to swim in the quiet pools at 3 am

Has anyone lately tried bringing a Ziploc bag of ice into the parks? Wondering if that is still acceptable?

That was probably me, we had 7 days in the parks. No AP, we were on a Recovery plan b/c we booked Free Dining in January.

Has anyone lately tried bringing a Ziploc bag of ice into the parks? Wondering if that is still acceptable?
I would assume the ziplock bag of ice would fall under the "loose ice" category.

Loose and dry ice is not permitted in our parks. Reusable ice packs are recommended.

Why is loose or dry ice not permitted in your parks?
In order to improve guest flow, ease congestion and streamline the bag-check and entry processes, loose and dry ice is not permitted. Reusable ice packs are recommended.

What happens if I need ice for baby food, medicine, or some other item?
Reusable ice packs are recommended. Cups of ice are available at no charge at Food & Beverage locations.

I would assume the ziplock bag of ice would fall under the "loose ice" category.

Loose and dry ice is not permitted in our parks. Reusable ice packs are recommended.

Why is loose or dry ice not permitted in your parks?
In order to improve guest flow, ease congestion and streamline the bag-check and entry processes, loose and dry ice is not permitted. Reusable ice packs are recommended.

What happens if I need ice for baby food, medicine, or some other item?
Reusable ice packs are recommended. Cups of ice are available at no charge at Food & Beverage locations.
Prior to COVID-19, ice in a ziplock bag was allowed, because the ice was not loose and the screener could move it around easily to view contents of the container. Thus the question since screening protocols have changed with the new equipment.

No chin straps here! I will happily have my mask on and think the ride photos with them are actually a cool souvenir :)

Also I hear you on that Space Mountain track - we were there the day before everything closed down for Dorian and the park was EMPTY but after two rides we had to move on because our necks were killing us. Getting old is interesting XD
Dh can't even ride SM anymore because of this!

Bag check has changed. My experience this week has been keep moving with a backpack or purse unless you have an umbrella. It has to come out and be carried by hand. Otherwise they wave you in. No one has questioned our bag contents and they seem isolated on scanning for weapons. If you slow down they wave you through and tell you to keep on moving. Keys, phone, change in pockets, just keep moving through.

Don't see why a small bag of ice would even be noticed. If so dump it. Disney is changing as needed and when needed during this pandemic.

Prior to COVID-19, ice in a ziplock bag was allowed, because the ice was not loose and the screener could move it around easily to view contents of the container. Thus the question since screening protocols have changed with the new equipment.
I know this is heading way OT but I have to know. If the rules state no loose ice but ziplocks of ice were allowed were people just bringing in pockets full of ice or what was going on here? Can someone please message me and let me know because this is driving me crazy (the need for the loose ice rule)?

I know this is heading way OT but I have to know. If the rules state no loose ice but ziplocks of ice were allowed were people just bringing in pockets full of ice or what was going on here? Can someone please message me and let me know because this is driving me crazy (the need for the loose ice rule)?

I think, for instance, it was people bringing in small coolers or bags and they had just poured the ice in from the ice machine at the resorts. Therefore, for security to really know what was under that ice, it necessitated them pawing through that loose ice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter