I would say the majority of the "policing" should be through peer pressure. If you are wearing a mask, using the hand sanitizers, etc religiously, others around you will too. Let's get real here; it is OUR responsibility to make sure that the Disney COVID protocols are being followed as much as it is theirs. The minute there is an outbreak tied to Disney parks the whole thing will be shut down.

As far as mask compliance and covid guidelines, as of late, WDW is by far the BEST hospitality-vacation spot I’ve visited since covid that’s implemented and enforced their guidelines. We’ve been to Margaritaville, hammock beach and several smaller hotels like Hilton’s and Hamptons and none have anyone enforcing any of their “safety policies” and some have no policies at all. We actually had a day at the DHS Starbucks (trolly car), where a non working CM schooled us about how you’re supposed to stand on the social distancing markers as a family. So, while I think you’ll always see people’s noses, and some folks walking/eating and the like, on a whole, WDW is knocking it out of the park with overall compliance.

Pretty jammed in Toy Story Land right now but it's our 2nd day in HS so we're ok waiting a little more today. Trying to be patient and remind my kids too!

Back from 8 nights @ BLT ( Biggest Issue was problems with AC in Room) did all parks twice while there. AK and Epcot for the most part were empty and at points kind of sad the busy part of AK was Satu'li Canteen around lunch time but FOP was walk on and if you wanted to ride again they directed you to the FP line. MK was great we did every single ride and then did our faves multiple times. HS we were able to get boarding groups for RotR for both days first day was #10 for the 10am. secured that while in line for MMRR the second day we didnt go till HS till lunch time and we got boarding group #80 never expecting it to reach us, but it did, both times we never waited in a line it was completely walk on. MFSR was walk on for the most part as well, SDD was around 30min and TSMM was 10min RRC and ToT wwere walk on as well but i did see times rise at certain parts of the day. over all we did see mask compliance to be around 95% there were still people eating in line or taking masks off just to get a breather while in line. Epcot with the HEAT and the lack of paces in the shade made for a tough time in some countries to eat and drink. If y'all have any questions on anything else let me know

Yes, I'm aware of that. Disney went out of their way to promote safety at the parks. If the CM's are not approaching people due to not wanting a confrontation then what's the point. Sounds like they need more CM's or security to enforce their own rules...imo.
When we were at MK this past Saturday, CM's were approaching people and asking for mask compliance several times through-out the day that I witnessed.

Just got back from 10 days UOR/WDW. We stayed at the Poly at WDW. My thoughts are...

1. If you can, rent / drive your own car. Besides the transportation woes you read about, we found it most useful at night b/c of very limited offerings at the resorts.
2. Overall mask compliance is good. Nothing more to add beyond posts above in this thread.
3. SHOUT OUT TO YOU PARENTS OUT THERE! I have adult "kids" and just wanted to praise you parents of little ones. I was pleasantly surprised at how the kids were doing with masks. In fact the young ones were doing better than the parents or young adults we saw.
4. Social distancing, not as good. If you are freaked out about people getting near you, this may not be the time to come. Lines are marked, but families (we were guilty as well) sometimes loose focus and encroach on your space. Also, exiting rides and shows is a free-for-all.
5. It is HOT. I live in NorCal, so this was even worse for us, but walking around in the hot day surrounded by cement it a mask can be challenging.
6. Wait times over the weekend are still high. We did not wait over 1 hour for anything, but we were at Epcot on Saturday and DHS on Sunday. The waits both days were considerably higher than during the week.
7. Plan for Summer storms in the evening. Ride those rides that are outside in the morning. If you put off these rides to the afternoon, you may. not get a chance to ride. We almost did not get to ride Test Track because of this.
8. A lot of shops and restaurants are closed. If you have a 'must-have' food or reservation, check MDE and the menus. Menus are pretty limited.

Overall, there is always good and bad, but we are still very happy we went. It was a great trip for us.

Just got back from 10 days UOR/WDW. We stayed at the Poly at WDW. My thoughts are...

1. If you can, rent / drive your own car. Besides the transportation woes you read about, we found it most useful at night b/c of very limited offerings at the resorts.
2. Overall mask compliance is good. Nothing more to add beyond posts above in this thread.
3. SHOUT OUT TO YOU PARENTS OUT THERE! I have adult "kids" and just wanted to praise you parents of little ones. I was pleasantly surprised at how the kids were doing with masks. In fact the young ones were doing better than the parents or young adults we saw.
4. Social distancing, not as good. If you are freaked out about people getting near you, this may not be the time to come. Lines are marked, but families (we were guilty as well) sometimes loose focus and encroach on your space. Also, exiting rides and shows is a free-for-all.
5. It is HOT. I live in NorCal, so this was even worse for us, but walking around in the hot day surrounded by cement it a mask can be challenging.
6. Wait times over the weekend are still high. We did not wait over 1 hour for anything, but we were at Epcot on Saturday and DHS on Sunday. The waits both days were considerably higher than during the week.
7. Plan for Summer storms in the evening. Ride those rides that are outside in the morning. If you put off these rides to the afternoon, you may. not get a chance to ride. We almost did not get to ride Test Track because of this.
8. A lot of shops and restaurants are closed. If you have a 'must-have' food or reservation, check MDE and the menus. Menus are pretty limited.

Overall, there is always good and bad, but we are still very happy we went. It was a great trip for us.
A lot of downsides and upsides .. makes it hard to make that "value" decision of if the trip is "worth" the money spent.

To me . .the wait times would probably be the biggest bummer as I see that as the biggest upside to going right now.

With crowds EXTREMELY low crowds, having to wait 30+ minutes for anything seems ridiculous. For a lot of rides could be frustrating, especially when you know how fast these rides COULD load.

One thing I'd like to comment on: Social Distancing. I don't know what some people's expectations are, but social distancing a lot of the time is just NOT possible in any public situation, so to me it's pointless to be overly worried about. Grocery store, wal-mart, walking down the street .. there are plenty of times you just HAVE to be within 6 feet of people . .and that will be okay. We are just going to have to be comfortable being near people again for things to get back to normal. We don't need to be crowded shoulder to shoulder to watch fireworks for 30 minutes, but we can pass by people in a store or queue for a few seconds.

One thing I will say is that inadvertent line-cutting is a bit of an issue right now when there are lines. We got line-cut on Peter Pan and Space Mountain - not sure they even knew they were doing it though. We didn't make a fuss because we were not at the front of the line and, come on - the line is 15 minutes anyway. You are standing 6'+ apart, it starts to rain, everyone scootches over under cover, but that doesn't follow the marking on the ground so it get's hard to see who is and is not in line. Just kinda be aware.

Does anyone have any input on the Boardwalk at night?

Is there any action/performers outside or is it a ghost town? Would be curious to know how it feels. I know some of the restaurants, etc. are open, but it would be really odd to see the Boardwalk without a single shop or entertainer. I realize they may want to limits unrestricted crowds so maybe this has been temporarily eliminated?
No entertainers or games going. There is music playing but not loudly. The margarita and food stands are closed. BW Bakery, Pizza Window and Trattoria are open. Screen Door is open. There are movies 3-4 nights a week on the fake grass out front. That’s about it. It’s very quiet.

No entertainers or games going. There is music playing but not loudly. The margarita and food stands are closed. BW Bakery, Pizza Window and Trattoria are open. Screen Door is open. There are movies 3-4 nights a week on the fake grass out front. That’s about it. It’s very quiet.
Glad there's music at all. I went over the first week the resort reopened and the music was turned off completely, it was the eeriest thing, especially with no one walking around

good to know even with the mask and it being super hot you’re still happy with your experience :)

that is a very good suggestion I guess now I have some planning I can do I need to sit down and write all of the outside attractions in each park

good to know even with the mask and it being super hot you’re still happy with your experience :)

that is a very good suggestion I guess now I have some planning I can do I need to sit down and write all of the outside attractions in each park
There aren't many - we did the same thing - just hit them first. Unfortunately it's the resort pools too. My 6 yo had a couple of meltdowns over that.

There aren't many - we did the same thing - just hit them first. Unfortunately it's the resort pools too. My 6 yo had a couple of meltdowns over that.
Yes we've been struggling to find time to swim with the pool hours. We left HS midday today to swim and are just about to hit the pool now.

What were the pool hours again?
oops disregard thought i was in my pop thread

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter