Hey 12/7 cruisers...

Michelle

<font color=darkgreen><i>"It's like Lord of the Fl
...ready for a vacation? :teeth:

Although I'm not PHYSICALLY ready yet, I am so MENTALLY ready for a vacation.

How about you guys? ;)

OMG YES!!!!! In my mind I am in the carribean!!!!!!!

WHAT HAS 16 HANDS AND 32 EARS????? tHE KNAPP FAMILY OF 8 WITH THEIR MICKEY MOUSE EARS ON!! 12/7 CRUISE CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH. WE BOOKED THIS CRUISE TWO YEARS AGO, SAVED EVERY MONTH AND NOW WE ARE TAKING OUR ENTIRE FOSTER/ADOPTION HOME ON THIS DREAM VACATION. HOPE TO SEE OTHER DIS MEMBERS THERE.
WENDY:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Wow Knappfamily, that sounds like quite an undertaking! I hope your family has a wonderful (or would that be "magical"?:) ) time on the cruise, but I expect you will!

My family is ready. Rephrasing that - I am ready, DH is never excited about trips as I am, but he is looking forward to it to, the girls are still in the dark, they just think we are going to the beach, and are looking forward to that but not with as much enthusiasm as if it were a Mickey vacation (the video camera will be at the ready as we drive over the bridge and I tell them!).

We will be vacationing with one less person - MIL is unable to come. Found out 2 days ago that her Dr. thinks it is not "in her best interest". Now I get to (or my Dreams agent does) fight to get her money back without my family having to pay a single supplement for her room with only one person in it now. I'll be contacting the insurance company, too, hoping I am not out all that money.:(

Without MIL though, I can now plan to do more things, since I will not be pushing her around in the wheelchair. We are arriving 2 days early at WDW, so I can now plan Commando-style park hopping! My family will be so thrilled!:p

See you all in 16 days (minus a few hours, but who's counting;) )!

Besides being an artist I teach preschool two days a week. Although the children totally enjoy the days "math problem" (today's class will be 16 days until the boat leaves, 15 days until Miss Ann goes to florida) I think my assistant teacher and director are getting a bit sick of my countdown :) oh well they can count down the days until I come back!
I AM SO READY!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

here is my new song..

"happy birthday to me,,
it will happen at sea,,
cocktails we'll all be having,
my DIS friends and me...
except for poor Alex who just sticks to tea
:teeth: :teeth: " (sorry Alex I couldn't help it)

Hi all!

My brain is ready... my house and everything else i have to prepare before i can leave is not. Time seems to be creaping up on me.

Oh well... ready or not... we'll be there!

Sunday night we are all getting together (19 of us!) for what we are calling our "Mickey Send Off Party". Actually just one last time to get together, answer questions, chit chat and share excitement.

The three families are arriving in FL separately and then meeting up the night before.

Look for us! We'll be the Crazy Group... from Wisconsin!

Looking forward to a MAGICal time!

Dios te Bendiga (God Bless you!)
Jodie

Oh we are very ready! I think my family is sick of my countdowns too! Two weeks from tomorrow we will be boarding the plane!

In the same song spirit as Ann:
"We're leaving on a cruise ship, been waiting very long for this trip,
While we're in the Caribbean, sure hope major snow Colorado's seeing,
Yes, we're leaving on a cruise ship, only fifteen days, ain't that a pip?"

(sung to the tune of "Leaving on a jet plane")
Ok, so I'll never be a song writer!:)
Lisa

My wife and I will be leaving a house full of guests on Sat., Nov.30 to visit OKW, prior to the 12/7 cruise. They all decided to come up for Thanksgiving to visit the in-laws, but we already had the trip planned.

Ann - love your song - gotta tell Tom - we're celebrating his birthday on Mon Dec 2nd

My wife is tired of me talking about our cruise.

We are heading down on 12/6/02 and staying at the BCV and catching Happy Limo the next morning. The cloths are all out just waiting to be packed.

We have set up the tropical jeep safari in Cozumel. I was too late booking the parasailing on CC.

I have plans on bringing the tux. Are any guys not wearing a tux? There is sooo much to bring.

See all of you on the 7th.

Patmcg

My son comes into where I work (in a bank) and gives me the countdown..my DIL( who also works in a bank) talks to me every day and says the countdown..my husband who never gets excited about anything also gives me the countdown..my 2 DG'S 4& 7 are getting very excited about going to DW & our 7 day cruise and its our 3rd CRUISE & our 4th trip to DW this year (4th DW trip not the cruises in 1 year!!!) I think the people at my job are getting ready to kill me!!even the customers know when we are going and giving me the countdown too!! My son & DDIL work very hard and this is a much needed vacation for them..not that my DH & myself don't but as I said this is our 4th time this year to DW and we are still very excited...can't wait to go can't wait to eat at Palos can't wait to go to the islands and can't wait to meet all of you whom I have come to know on these boards..Thanks for all your help and see you all real soon..Marianne :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Pat, my husband won't be wearing a tux, just a nice suit on formal night. :)

And don't forget, we have a quick meet planned for embarkation afternoon at 3:15 in front of Pinocchio's just to say hi and put faces to names! :)

Pat, My dh won't be wearing a tux either, just a dark suit. My ds won't even be in a suit. (teens!)

Lisa

My husband won't be wearing a tux, either. He has a grey suit, that's what he will be in. I was considering ordering the tux for him from Disney, but considering how much they want for it, and knowing that DH dislikes dressing up in any form, well, I figured I could buy some souvenirs for that money, instead!

Now here is a just curious question - anyway have a friend tell them not to go on the cruise? I was talking with a friend yesterday, and she said that if it was her, she would not feel comfortable taking her family on a cruise right now, what with the newest warnings out that terrorists are looking at cruise ships and ports to bomb. I am already fearful of the flight (I completely detest flying), and I don't want to get myself thinking about this, but arrggh, it is now on my mind.

I realize that only God knows when it is our time, not much we can do about it, but still, I wonder now if I am being irresponsible? Has this worry hit any of you yet?

I'm sure I will feel better once I am on the boat with a nice fruity drink in hand, hmm, make that 2 fruity drinks!

Tux? I am going to do the eccentric look, torn jeans and a shirt that says "I am only here for the beer"

Tux? I am going to do the eccentric look, torn jeans and a shirt that says "I am only here for the beer"

Magyar, I cruised a MONTH after 9/11 (I was actually supposed to cruise on 9/15) and would never hesitate to fly or cruise. I don't worry one iota about it. :)

It's much more important to me to ENJOY life and appreciate every day I have. :)

I just hope they contain the virus that is on the ship now(see other post)! I see that the Holland Cruise Line just took one of their ships out of service for 10 days to sanitize the ship completely. (note: since I posted this, I received a response from WebmasterMichelle on another post, stating that the ship should be free and clear by 12/7).

Magyar: I am sure the terrorist warnings are on all our minds a bit. I know I hate to fly also and that is the main reason most of our travel is via our motorhome. My feeling is that we only live once, it's not a rehearsal, and if we let our fears control us, we will never really live. Also, living in fear is exactly what the terrorists want the American people to do! Security is tight and people are conscious of the threats, I doubt anyone can get close enough to the ships to inflict any damage.....besides, being on a Disney ship we have that magical pixie dust remember?:):)

Whew! Let me step off my soapbox here (LOL), sorry...just want you to look forward to your vacation. We all work hard for them and deserve to go with a peaceful mind.

See you all there in 14 DAYS!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter