***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

@Farro Magic Kingdom buses have been rammed all weekend - hoping it quietens down there for us tomorrow - we've been to Typhoon Lagoon today and it was ok crowd wise - the parking lot was quiet for a weekend - and the weather was lovely - having a rest our before taking the boat down to Disney Springs!

We are all packed for our early morning flight on Wednesday. We are hoping that the forecast stays rain free but also packing a little rain gear. I'm hoping that is does warm up a little though. Current forecasts have it too cold for swimming on Wednesday and Thursday.

Leaving on Friday!! Did some last minute changes with my hotel stay on the drive down.
Super busy this week with work and life in general. Really hope I can get everything I need done for my trip. Bag is almost packed. Tomorrow I will pack my overnight bag for the hotel stay Friday night. Wash some clothes I need to take and make sure I have all my money, gift cards, etc. in order. Then I hope to get all my electronics together and all chargers too.

I am getting sooo excited.

I'm glad to hear that your plan went well. That is the same plan that we have when we are staying at the GF next month. :)
Even with the Park being crazy, we had fun getting to jump on 3 big FP attractions! I’m sure you’ll have just as much success with it as we did!

Trip update from today...

Regular MK park open at 8am. We arrived at Poly monorail at 7:25, on by 7:30, at entrance at 7:40 and walked through tunnels at 7:44. Welcome show was great and crowds were VERY light. It was so calm and hardly anyone watching the show. For the next 2 hours, crowds were very minimal. Our only issue that our RD ride was Space Mtn which was down for first 1.5 hours today.

Other than that, we had a MAGICAL day! So many things went like a dream. BBB was immediately ready for us. Only 10 min wait for CRT res. We even got a surprise FP from a CM for my DD who was dressed as Tink and went to meet her but was torn due to the 50 min wait. We were beyond grateful for that pixie dust!

By noon, crowds were definitely there and not a joy to walk through, but not the worst either.

I have Sorcerer Mickey that I got on our Disneymoon many years ago- he goes on every trip to Disney and on every cruise we’ve been on.

Attachments

• 93EE8BF7-E2F4-480B-9096-262D2D239C99.jpeg
    93EE8BF7-E2F4-480B-9096-262D2D239C99.jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 5
We are all packed for our early morning flight on Wednesday. We are hoping that the forecast stays rain free but also packing a little rain gear. I'm hoping that is does warm up a little though. Current forecasts have it too cold for swimming on Wednesday and Thursday.
It's been beautiful weather so far for us - perfect for Typhoon Lagoon today - apparently a short shower about 4.30 when we were getting ready to go to Disney Springs but we missed it!

If I may quietly feel sorry for myself.

I am generally a pretty positive, look on the bright side person...

When it rains, it pours. Work has been a nightmare, an issue with compromised credit card, my beautiful boy Walnut is having a medical issue right before we leave - luckily they will be boarded with vet anyways so they can watch/treat while we are gone. He's only 2, most likely something treatable, but still scary. And this vet calls me about anything. He's called us on our last two vacations about our previous cat.. Sigh.
And then of all the months out of all the years, my period decides to be late and will most likely start on day I leave. yay. :(

Okay, chin up, I'm going to Disney!

Last edited:
3 Days till Disney! 2 work days left :cheer2: We packed what we could over the weekend, so just have the stuff we are using now left. Wednesday we pick up the rental car for the drive to the airport. Trip anxiety is starting to hit, worry about this and that, but I'm pushing through. I am very excited about being there. I'm a little concerned about the cooler weather, but not much I can do about it except pack a few things. I am hoping they are wrong though. :beach: Trying to get things caught up at work and trying to make sure I haven't forgotten anything I need to do. Already packed our MagicBands in our carryons as I worry about leaving those. I'm so happy to finally be going on this trip after previously cancelling because of Irma, but I'm already starting to be sad about it being over. Trying to not think about it, but I'm sure I'll be a hot mess on our last day. I'm going to book a bounceback while we are there, but we probably won't be able to keep it. I doubt if we will be able to go because of financial reasons next year. I'm looking at switching jobs or finding a new one, so that will probably make going hard.

But I've loved reading everyone's reports who have gotten back, and I wish all those end of October peeps like me a great upcoming trip!!!:wizard:

Remember the term crowded is subjective. Also, it isn't going to be crowded all the time, everyday, everywhere. We were at the parks the 15th through the 22nd and yeah sometimes it was really crowded and other times the walkways were wide open. However, I would say our overall wait was....I don't know maybe 10 to 15 minutes. Some stuff we walked on and other times I waited 20 minutes just to ride the carosel. Our longest wait was 40 minutes and that was to meet baymax.

3 Days till Disney! 2 work days left :cheer2: We packed what we could over the weekend, so just have the stuff we are using now left. Wednesday we pick up the rental car for the drive to the airport. Trip anxiety is starting to hit, worry about this and that, but I'm pushing through. I am very excited about being there. I'm a little concerned about the cooler weather, but not much I can do about it except pack a few things. I am hoping they are wrong though. :beach: Trying to get things caught up at work and trying to make sure I haven't forgotten anything I need to do. Already packed our MagicBands in our carryons as I worry about leaving those. I'm so happy to finally be going on this trip after previously cancelling because of Irma, but I'm already starting to be sad about it being over. Trying to not think about it, but I'm sure I'll be a hot mess on our last day. I'm going to book a bounceback while we are there, but we probably won't be able to keep it. I doubt if we will be able to go because of financial reasons next year. I'm looking at switching jobs or finding a new one, so that will probably make going hard.

But I've loved reading everyone's reports who have gotten back, and I wish all those end of October peeps like me a great upcoming trip!!!:wizard:

Yeah, this forecast is making me crazy. I did not expect it to be so cool. :(

5 days until we hit the road, we're splitting the trip up. Saturday night we stop and spend the night in Georgia, the leave early to go to Universal, and finally Disney. Right now I'm unemployed, but I've got an interview tomorrow, Wednesday, and waiting to hear back from another place so until then I concentrate on school. I think Thursday will be the slowest day for me, and Friday I can pack everything.

Heading home tomorrow. This is the first time I'm not miserable about time to go home. We've had a good time and even some great times. but between illnesses and general exhaustion we're ready to head home. Little one had a terrible cough for a few days, made worse by the heat, middle one caught a stomach bug and was hotel bound for a day, and the rest just burned the candle at both ends for too many days. We've collectively agreed next time we're taking 10+ days and having several resort days in between.
AoA: while busy is fantastic. The staff has been wonderful, rooms clean and comfortable, and the food court is great.
Flight of Passage is amazing! Soarin makes me anxious but I giggled the whole time on FoP.
Uber is so helpful! AoA pretty much always had double buses to mk but you cant beat getting picked up at your room and always having a place to sit. It's a very handy alternative
That's all I can think of atm.

So, my littlest has a cold and today my oldest managed to throw up the entire contents of his stomach just *before* getting the lid to the toilet up. :crazy2: I need a drink, preferably one served poolside in a Tiki mug. We are, needless to say, not packed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter