• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

5 days till fastpass day. What time can I start making them in the morning? I have to work that day and need to figure out if I can squeeze in FP selections before having to leave.

7AM Eastern is when the window opens. So I will be at my computer ready to go at 6 AM central tomorrow.

Ours opens tomorrow. Here's hoping that we can get some FOP passes. Our first day at AK will be day 3 at night, so we'll see. 2 other trips planned for days 5 and 7, so I'm hopeful we will get at least one.
Good luck!! Try and be flexible with the times you can do FOP. There was actually a time slot available on our first day, but it didn't work out with our plans.

Only 4 days till fastpass madness! I'm having trouble deciding some for mk & Epcot. :confused3 We know that we want Soarin and Frozen Ever After but idk if we need to get them for any other attractions in Epcot. Less so a problem for mk we'd like to get mine train, and Peter Pan for sure. If there any other crazy busy rides in Mk that aren't Space Mountain?
Hope everyone gets the passes they want!!:genie:
Side note: Anyone else trying to plan out Food & Wine?

Only 4 days till fastpass madness! I'm having trouble deciding some for mk & Epcot. :confused3 We know that we want Soarin and Frozen Ever After but idk if we need to get them for any other attractions in Epcot. Less so a problem for mk we'd like to get mine train, and Peter Pan for sure. If there any other crazy busy rides in Mk that aren't Space Mountain?

Soarin and FEA are both tier 1 so you only get to choose one and rd the other. I went with FEA fp since its on the otherside of the park from the gate. I opted for Mission Space since I'd like to see the update, but yeah most rides aside from TT don't have huge waits. I think MK the hardest are mine train and peter pan. RDing any of the mountains won't be nearly as nuts as fantasyland. Someone on another thread said something along the lines of "Choose your other fp based on what ride you'd be really disappointed if you didn't get to ride before you left." I think that's a good way to look at it.

Soarin and FEA are both tier 1 so you only get to choose one and rd the other. I went with FEA fp since its on the otherside of the park from the gate. I opted for Mission Space since I'd like to see the update, but yeah most rides aside from TT don't have huge waits. I think MK the hardest are mine train and peter pan. RDing any of the mountains won't be nearly as nuts as fantasyland. Someone on another thread said something along the lines of "Choose your other fp based on what ride you'd be really disappointed if you didn't get to ride before you left." I think that's a good way to look at it.
I could put Soarin on 1 day and FEA on another though right? First time booking with the plus system That tip on picking the other for is genius! Thanks

(trip planning break)

check out what I bought...cat butt magnets! :rotfl:

We actually payed for the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party. We get a reserved viewing spot for Illuminations and then get an exclusive ride @ Frozen Ever After while everyone else is leaving the park.

Thanks for the advice everyone. We made it a family decision and the unanimous decision was dessert party.
I think you made a good decision. We have done Beaches and Cream before and thought it was good. We also experienced HEA this past May. We waited over an hour for a view with a rope in front of us only to have everyone on the other side of the rope put their children on their shoulders which ruined our view. We have booked the Plaza Dessert Party for October for this reason.

I made all my FP reservations this past Wednesday. I realized that part of why I love Disney vacations is the planning and scheduling. Now I'm just twiddling my thumbs waiting for when I actually get there!!
I know the feeling! I wanna poke, prod and tweak my plans but I don't really need to. I guess I'll obsess over my packing list for awhile.

I'm starting to debate whether I should drop my RoL dining package and go see HEA at MK instead. If they don't extend AK hours it hardly seems worth going back after a resort break just for the show and a QS dinner before park close. I keep hoping they will extend the hours, at least to 9, and we can use our rider swap passes in the evening.

Going to MK means hopping back and forth from MK 3 days in a row with our current plans. But everyone keeps raving about HEA. I just think having seen Hallowishes the night before, that my crew is going to want a more mellow scene Saturday evening.

Decisions...

I planned my trip around seeing both hallowishes and HEA. Now I just need to decide for sure which night I want my Halloween party. I am pretty set on going to the Tuesday party and watching Hallowishes on Wednesday night...but am I really sure that Tuesday is THE day, ya know the one that will have lower crowds. Maybe Thursday would be better. Maybe I need to leave Tuesday and Thursday nights open in case of inclement weather and just buy my ticket a few days before when the weather will be known... me and my first world problems.

Our fast pass day is tomorrow but we are traveling with friends who can make fast passes today. They were able to make fps for us, including fps for Flight of Passage. Now that we have our fps we can get a better idea of how to plan our days.

We added a dinner ADR at Boma. Their buffet is one of the best at Disney. I just wish we had discovered it sooner.

Fastpasses done. Got mostly what we wanted. No FoP for day 3 of our trip (Oct 26th). Got one for the 28th, later than we wanted, and another for the 30th. I'm going to keep checking for an earlier time on the 28th. Everything else pretty much worked out for when we wanted. 7DMT later than we wanted for our day 2 (Oct 25th), but no big deal.

I have to say I was a bit disappointed in my request choices for early check-in. We are staying at Boardwalk Villas and the only choices were upper or lower floor and near elevator. I'm not sure what I expected, but it was more than that. Anyone have any luck with touringplans room requests?

Fastpasses done. Got mostly what we wanted. No FoP for day 3 of our trip (Oct 26th). Got one for the 28th, later than we wanted, and another for the 30th. I'm going to keep checking for an earlier time on the 28th. Everything else pretty much worked out for when we wanted. 7DMT later than we wanted for our day 2 (Oct 25th), but no big deal.

I have to say I was a bit disappointed in my request choices for early check-in. We are staying at Boardwalk Villas and the only choices were upper or lower floor and near elevator. I'm not sure what I expected, but it was more than that. Anyone have any luck with touringplans room requests?
Our FOP is for the 28th too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter