HHI Dining Options?

What are they? I'm planning to plan a trip, and would like to know what is available. From what I'm gathering, it doesn't appear that there is a sit-down restaurant on sight, or am I missing something.

What are they? I'm planning to plan a trip, and would like to know what is available. From what I'm gathering, it doesn't appear that there is a sit-down restaurant on sight, or am I missing something.

There isn't a sit down restaurant on site. At the resort there is only counter service. The Beach House also has counter service.

At the resort it is a quick walk across the bridge to Shelter Cove. There are several restaurant choices over there. Some off a discount with your room card.

There is a WHOLE island full of sit down restaurants! Some you can walk to, others you need to drive but lots of variety to choose from. We honestly hardly even do counter service at the resort just because there are so many options. When you check in the desk will hand you a restaurant guide that has many of the menus in it too. :)

There is a WHOLE island full of sit down restaurants! Some you can walk to, others you need to drive but lots of variety to choose from. We honestly hardly even do counter service at the resort just because there are so many options. When you check in the desk will hand you a restaurant guide that has many of the menus in it too. :)

Thanks. Never having been there, I didn't realize the proximity to anything. It sounds like a great getaway.

Not only On the island, but, just off island on Fording Island Rd. (the main drag to get to the island), and over here in Savannah. More food than you can shake 3 sticks at.

The counter services at the resort and beach house are quite good actually. Specially if Joyce is cooking.

Also, you can get Mickey Premium Ice Cream in the Mercantile.

We generally go about EOY and we love the experience of exploring through restaurants. HHI has a ton of great relatively moderately priced restaurants. As noted, there are a number you can walk to (some of those are pretty good to very good) and there are far more you can bike to easily. I'd say an adventuresome biker can get to about half the restaurants on the island from DVC without too much trouble due to the combination of distance and bike paths. I'm basically excluding the part of the island that's inside Sea Pines and anything North or west of Port Royal (where 278 curves west) if you're looking on a map. For us, none of the restaurants right across are on our A list but everyone has their own preferences.

We were just talking Sunday and yesterday about a family meal for our summer trip with around 30 people. Last two trips we did Crazy Crab (once each location) and the time before we did Boathouse II (now Skull Creek) and prior to that, Old Oyster Factory. We're leaning to Crazy Crab for a late lunch or OOF for an early dinner (if hey have the early bird menu summer which I can't recall). I'm open to any suggestions though for a group this size for a modestly priced, casual place that'd have a range of options but strong on seafood. I'm sure there are other good options I don't know about or Im not thinking about.

We were just talking Sunday and yesterday about a family meal for our summer trip with around 30 people. Last two trips we did Crazy Crab (once each location) and the time before we did Boathouse II (now Skull Creek) and prior to that, Old Oyster Factory. We're leaning to Crazy Crab for a late lunch or OOF for an early dinner (if hey have the early bird menu summer which I can't recall). I'm open to any suggestions though for a group this size for a modestly priced, casual place that'd have a range of options but strong on seafood. I'm sure there are other good options I don't know about or Im not thinking about.

Have you tried Hudson's?

Have you tried Hudson's?
Thanks, we haven't. It's my partner's favorite but we simply haven't gotten there. Generally we stay at Marriott's Grande Ocean on Front St so the location is not a great one for this situation. We did one family trip at Marriott's Surfwatch near Folly Field so we would have been much closer, did the Crazy Crab Jarvis Creek Location that trip. We actually prefer that location but the Harbour Town one is nice too, very accommodating, much closer for Grande Ocean and allows the options of shopping while waiting as people arrive. We also did a fairly large group at Salty Dog (Wreck side) last trip that was good but not great but we didn't plan or have reservations for that one as it was more impromptu. Maybe Kim and I will just go on our own to try Hudson's out since you brought it back on to my list and we're arriving a day earlier than the rest. My problem with HH is usually having enough spots to eat out though one of our favorites closed, Alligator Grill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter