Hi all - new here - resort question please

MinnieMami

Earning My Ears
hi everyone! I just found out about these boards, and as a Disney lover, I am so excited!

We currently live in s. California, and have 2 girls, ages 4 1/2 and almost 12. We're moving to Florida in early summer, but before doing so, I'd like to take the girls to Disneyland one more time, to celebrate my dsd's turning 12 and as kind of a 'farewell' to the park we have all grown up with. :sad1: She turns 12 the first week in May, but I plan to visit the park in mid-April instead, to take advantage of the 2-fer tickets for s. Cali residents offer. (though normally I avoid the park in April because of spring break)

I was thinking it would be great to stay at one of the hotels, since, being locals, we have never done that. But I'm not sure I can convince my husband to spend the night 15 minutes away from our house, for $260+ dollars, kwim? So do any of you know how I can get better rates for any of the 3 main hotels? We'd just stay 1 night, possibly 2 if the rate was good enough, and visit one park on each day. I've tried both the web site and the main discount travel sites online, but haven't had much luck beating the price yet.
Thanks! pixiedust:

MinnieMami -- If you AAA members try there as well as Costco Travel. Both have good deals. I see many people post they got their deals on Expedia, etc. So you could try there. Since you are so close to DL you might have better luck getting a last minute deal since you won't lose out on airfare, etc if there is nothing available...

I would also post your question on the the regular DL forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26) and see if anyone has any good tips. These boards and the people who frequent them are super and very helpful!

thanks so much! I really appreciate it! I am no longer a AAA member but keep meaning to renew my membership - this may be my motivation. :flower3:

MinnieMami - I must be more tired than I thought....I apologize -- for some reason I thought I read your first post on the DL Trip Report board. :confused3
Never mind! I am sure someone on the DL forum can help!

I think April might be a hard time to get any good rates with Spring breaks in full swing. But you never know. Keep checking rates on Disneyland.com and Expedia. If the hotel is not going to be full, they will drop the rates, but not more than a month ahead of time. Even though you'll be moving, it may benefit to get a socal AP just for 1 of the adults. If AP rates come out for the hotel, you could get the DLH for $89. But these usually don't come out until last minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter