"Hidden Gems"

Eeyore2003

DIS Veteran
Lately there's been several threads that mentioned some "hidden gems" that people discovered. Do you have any to recommend??? I'm finding they are getting to be the places we like the most, rather than the "biggies" that everyone mentions all the time. Our "hidden gems" so far are

The Plaza Restaurant at MK
Olivia's at OKW and
Grand Floridian Cafe at GF

These are ALL wonderful and rarely mentioned.

My favorite "Hidden Gem" is Columbia Harbor House in MK. Excellent counter service and plenty of seating. Perfect for grabbing a quick bite and in time to get seats near Sleepy Hollow for Spectro.

I just looked up the menu on that at Allears and it "does" look good. We haven't tried many counter service places, but I've been noticing allot of them have much better food than the traditional "burger" fair. I'm planning on one of them at AK next trip. We've eaten at Pizzafari a couple times, and I'm anxious to try one of the other two this time.

Kona Cafe is great for all three meals.

I agree with the Plaza and Grand Floridian Cafe as well.

Columbia Harbor House
Plaza Restaurant
Kona Cafe
Grand FLoridian Cafe

All our favorite hidden gems. CHH you should go upstairs to eat. Not that many people (except DISsers) seem to know about it so its never been crowded that we've seen and you can usually get a table with a nice view.

Marrakash in Morocco in Epcot. The food was yummy. It was quiet and not crowded. It is a favorite now and we will go back again and again. My hubby liked the belly dancer too.

Starring Rolls at Studios. We had three different sandwiches there for lunch and they were all very good. Nice outdoor seating.

Love the Plaza. We also enjoy late breakfasts at Cape May, Kona & GF CAfe.

Kae

another vote for Starring Rolls - their blueberry scones are one of the highlights of a Disney trip for me!!

Thanks, these are such good ideas. Not in November cuz I gotta do tons of character and girlish things for my niece, but maybe next May when it's just DH and myself again, I think I'm going to plan a whole vacation around these "sleepers". We've eaten at Starring Rolls and nothing really stood out, I'm going to try the Blueberry Scones and "upstairs" at Columbia House.

Akershus is a great hidden gem. Usually a short wait at lunch, wonderful buffet, hot and cold. Nice atmosphere, especially on a hot day. Oh Wait!!! They changed it. Its all princess all the time. They have uncrustables on the menu now. ;)

Another vote for Olivia's in OKW. Definitely one of Disney's best kept secrets. Followed by a yummy drink at the Gurgling Suitcase....HEAVEN!!!

Another gem is the Grand Floridian Cafe. Very classy & casual at the same time.

Oh, and I can't forget the Garden Grille in Epcot. While I was not too impressed with the food, the character interaction was great. We did the "rehitching ceremony (i.e. THE super-duper hidden gem) and it was truly a magical Disney memory I'll never forget.

our fave hidden gem is Nine Dragons in Epcot... great food, reasonable prices, nice portions, kid friendly, yet quiet relaxed and a nice change of pace... one of our family's faves :flower:

My family really enjoys the Flaming Tree at AK. The chicken is really good! We also enjoy the corn on the cob and the beans - nice little treat! Another nod for Columbia Harbor House - we eat there every trip - great service and a great atmosphere!

Just returned home today, used the MYW Dining. We got alot of great food with this plan. Our favorite that not alot of people mentioned on these boards was the Concourse Steakhouse.. the chipotle glazed ribeye was sooo YummY!!!!

Though I am not certain that it is hidden, I have not seen Blue Zoo mentioned much on these pages. I find this to be the best restaurant, other than Victoria & Alberts, at WDW. A creative menu separates it from the bland offerings of most WDW restaurants. The menu is somewhat eclectic (as much as fish can be) which makes me question whether it can survive at WDW. It's location (Dolphin) may save it due to the convention crowds.

If you enjoy seafood this is your best bet. Probably best to enjoy this without children.

Well, I'm making a list and keeping track of numbers. So far the most popular hidden gems are Grand Floridian Cafe and The Plaza Restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter