Hilton Double Tree at Entrance to UO Questions..

zebrastreyepz

DIS Veteran
I've seen a vasriety of answers to this question when I searched for it.

The consensus seems to be anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes to walk from this hotel to Universal with the biggest issues/time being due to crossing the very busy road.

Has anyone here made the trek? Or would it be better to drive across the street and park at Universal?

Asking this here because I'm getting onsite perks at this hotel.

I've seen a vasriety of answers to this question when I searched for it.

The consensus seems to be anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes to walk from this hotel to Universal with the biggest issues/time being due to crossing the very busy road.

Has anyone here made the trek? Or would it be better to drive across the street and park at Universal?

Asking this here because I'm getting onsite perks at this hotel.
I have never stayed there, but I have walked there from Universal to pick up a rental car. It's an easy walk, they have since opened up a pedestrian bridge over the busy roadway so you don't have to cross that anymore. I personally wouldn't drive to park at Universal, but I guess it depends on your physical health and walking stamina.

If you use google maps, put in walking from the Doubletree to the universal Valet parking, because that is where you will go. It says 0.8 mile, 17 minutes.

I have never stayed there, but I have walked there from Universal to pick up a rental car. It's an easy walk, they have since opened up a pedestrian bridge over the busy roadway so you don't have to cross that anymore. I personally wouldn't drive to park at Universal, but I guess it depends on your physical health and walking stamina.

If you use google maps, put in walking from the Doubletree to the universal Valet parking, because that is where you will go. It says 0.8 mile, 17 minutes.
Thank you so much! The pedestrian bridge cinches it for me. :)

I stayed at Holiday Inn Across from Universal (across the street from the DoubleTree). The street looks intimidating but there was a crosswalk with traffic lights, so we weren't just winging it (bridge wasn't open then). After that major crossing, it is a sidewalk with nice landscaping along the waterways. It is lit at night, and the only other foot traffic is other park-goers. It's a pleasant walk which also bypasses the parking garages and main security hub - you enter through the valet entrance which means no crowds. At the end of the day, you might want to have dinner for a little sit down break before the walk back. Walk seems longer after the day in the parks.

I just stayed there in April. 15-20 Minute walk, the pedestrian bridge makes it easy to cross the street, but it was closed in the morning when we went for early admission. It was open by the afternoon. Also, the security check is way easier than parking at Universal and coming through that security. Just a note...the walk at 8am in the cool was a heck of a lot different than the walk at 4pm in the HEAT!! But I would totally stay there again!

I just stayed there in April. 15-20 Minute walk, the pedestrian bridge makes it easy to cross the street, but it was closed in the morning when we went for early admission. It was open by the afternoon. Also, the security check is way easier than parking at Universal and coming through that security. Just a note...the walk at 8am in the cool was a heck of a lot different than the walk at 4pm in the HEAT!! But I would totally stay there again!
It sounds like a similar walk from the Contemporary to the MK or from the GF to the MK. I'm really excited about staying at this hotel now. Sounds like a lot of perks for a very reasonable price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter