• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HISTA and others: too scary for 4.5 yo?

K

Kate-n-sam

Honey I shrunk the Audience......Just curious what your experience was on this. I've heard differing opinions and not sure what to do. DD is not afraid of dark, and OK with loud. But hates sudden bangs etc. Also, how about the new Journey into Imagination? FYI, she was fine on ITTBAB. Any input on any EPCOT attractions for this age group would be great too. Sorry to ramble but lastly, thinking of trying Splash with her this trip. She's talking like she might like to try it...did your preschooler like this?
Thanks....12 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!

With kids you just never know. We thought HISTA would be fine for our nephew, who was about 3 1/2. Apparently, he did not like "being shrunk". He asked before every ride after that if we were going to be shrunk, because he didn't want to be shrunk again. We and his parents were quite impressed that he even caught what was going on.

From what you've said about your daughter, she should be fine. Of course, I'd recommend that you tell her to take off the 3D glasses if anything is too scary.

BTW, the JIYI ride is scheduled to close October 8 and reopen sometime next year. The rumor is that they are bringing Figment back somehow as this "new" ride isn't very popular. (I'm happy about that as I thought the origianl was much, much better).

There is a 40 inch height requirement for Splash, so I don't think too many preschoolers have been on it. If your daughter is tall enough, why not watch that last drop for a little while and let her decide for herself? IMHO, the final drop is the only thing even remotely "scary" about that ride.

Enjoy your trip!

On our last trip my youngest dd was just over 4 but tall enough for most of the rides/attractions about 43" at the time. She intensly disliked the the 3d attractions but she loved sm and btmr. We took her to muppets 3d first (luckily) and she did not like it at all so we skipped the rest of the 3d movies. She does love fast rides and drops so I knew she would be ok on btmr. We took her to the bridge to check out sm and she was a go - her favorite ride.

From what I have read JIYI will be down for rehab soon but if not it should be fine for a 4yo (imho).

You know your child best - perhaps one parent can preview a ride or show and then decide if your child will like it or not.

Have fun
TJ

My son (2 1/2 at the time) loved HISTA and my daughter 5 wasn't thrilled with it but I had her take her 3d glasses off and then she was fine. She put them on a couple of times but always ended up taking them off.

Haven't done JIYI.

My son (now 4 1/2) hates all kinds of roller coasters, will not go on Splash, BTM and didn't like barnstomer either (but it was quickly over before he knew what happened). Doesn't like Test Track but loves Snow White. Ok with the dark

My daughter (now 7) has always liked roller coasters and loves Splash, BTM, Test Track, etc. She is afraid of Snow White and refuses to ride it (go figure). Doesn't like the dark

My suggestion is if you have taken your DD to a local place with rides, how does she react to the roller coasters, large and kiddie ones, etc. If she shows interest then she most likely would be fine on these rides. If she is very much against them then she might not be ready for them.

I think Splash is much tamer than BTM. ON BTM you get thrown around a little.

My youngest, now 6 has been in HISTA every year since he was 4 mo so he probably isn't a good example. I have him sit on his legs and remind him he can take of the 3D glasses, which he does 2 times. My 10 year old went the first time at 4 years old. Again, I was told to have him sit on his legs and he LOVED it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter