HO HO HO, we are LIVE from WDW and the WILDERNESS LODGE 12/19-12/26!!!

Merry Christmas!!!! We are headed downstairs to Whispering Canyon for breakfast!!!!! :goodvibes I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas today!!! :santa::santa::santa::santa::santa:

Candlelight Processional last night:

DSCN7364_zps19326202.jpg

DSCN7361_zps085898c3.jpg

DSCN7355_zpsdce80459.jpg

DSCN7354_zps22fed78b.jpg

DSCN7353_zps41bf179c.jpg

DSCN7338_zps15c97e4b.jpg

A couple of short videos:

http://vid59.photobucket.com/albums/g293/ekmurphy12/Disney December 2014/DSCN7340_zpsb1mwebem.mp4

http://vid59.photobucket.com/albums/g293/ekmurphy12/Disney December 2014/DSCN7362_zpspj1zwevt.mp4

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa:

We've put in a full day of holiday fun! Breakfast this morning at the WCC followed by MK! I have to say it really wasn't that bad. I've seen worse crowds. Mostly just the lines were long, and some of the skinny walkways were tight, but other than that the park was fun and fairly easy to get around. :thumbsup2 We got there around 11:00ish and did our 3 fastpasses (Buzz, A&E, and SDMT) then left and went to the GF to see the Gingerbread house. :goodvibes We are back to the room now resting before our night at Fort Wilderness for dinner at Trail's End and our Sleigh Ride. :cool1: I've got pics to share in just a bit. I hope everyone is having a great day!

DSCN7401_zpsaff9cd2b.jpg

YAY!!!!! :goodvibes And I bought a singing Elsa doll just for me! :lovestruc

4F504C68-8029-44EC-97B4-0E090EB2A55B_zpsxmgztqtq.jpg

I love a candid shot... I just imagine the boys thinking of what they'd wish for from this wishing well. :lmao: To throw each other in??? :rotfl:

Had an AWESOME time at the Sleigh Ride tonight!!! :thumbsup2

E07B3FCB-AAA5-495F-BE9D-247C7A7968F1_zpsc2o3npr8.jpg

0985C1F7-4CB0-405B-BB18-1FD60F5689DB_zpsabgne7el.jpg

1A355334-A28C-405A-A44C-69ACA047328B_zpsesyvsbek.jpg

093E11F6-AC92-4983-9454-DE617BAB3109_zpsjcnt95pr.jpg

E1501C07-1440-4CF9-ADB9-E76A6DD2057B_zpsvzfofxjc.jpg

A great finale to the trip! :) I think out of all the holiday things we did: MVMCP, the Candlelight Processional, Christmas parade, holiday wishes, Holidays around the world, etc, this will be one of my favorite memories. :goodvibes

Looks like you had a great trip! We just checked into VWL today and it's so beautiful. My thought is maybe with all the construction, weren't able to decorate the outside much? It is decorated from the lodge to the villas though. Anyways, so glad to hear that your mom is thinking about moving to The Villages. I just got hired (2 days ago) by the VA to be the diabetes educator for The Villages and I'm super excited. So we are down here to try and find a place to live as well! Maybe we'll see you around!

Looks like you had a great trip! We just checked into VWL today and it's so beautiful. My thought is maybe with all the construction, weren't able to decorate the outside much? It is decorated from the lodge to the villas though. Anyways, so glad to hear that your mom is thinking about moving to The Villages. I just got hired (2 days ago) by the VA to be the diabetes educator for The Villages and I'm super excited. So we are down here to try and find a place to live as well! Maybe we'll see you around!

Congratulations on the new job!! :thumbsup2 We are excited to get over there tomorrow and start touring. We've never been! :)

Love seeing all the pictures! Glad to hear you were pixie dusted. Enjoy your last day!

Getting caught up - LOVING :love: the report, and pictures, thank you for taking me along! I can't imagine getting to go to WL during Christmas, so I'm loving pretending through your trip! Oh the sleigh ride, that is your favorite memory - I can't even imagine, it looks like something special!

and you seem to have chosen restaurants that we are going to try in June, so I just love your report! I too can't imagine not bringing patience, and then to take it out on the servers, or podium workers? That does make you shake your head! Glad you took time to remind us to "smile" A smile makes all the difference!

Cant wait to hear about the pixie dust! pixiedust:

Is it safe to tell now???? :listen: :scratchin :ssst:

First of all I have to say I've never had a castmember tell me NOT to tell anyone when they do something magical for me but I just couldn't wait to share with you guys now that we've checked out. :goodvibes

A little back story.... originally my Mom was booked to stay at POR by herself but when it turned out the boys and I would be at the WL alone she decided to cancel her room at POR and stay with us. Which gave us 4 people in our room and I knew it would be tight. My Mom isn't use to the craziness of two teenage boys who are constantly teasing each other and being loud and obnoxious so I think the close quarters were getting to her after a couple of days. Plus I snore and she wasn't getting good sleep sharing a bed with me. Finally she just said she wanted to move out and go to POR, or whatever was available, so she could get some relaxation and sleep. At this point it was two days til Christmas and I knew availability would be nonexistent. I decided to go down to the club level staff on duty and see what they could find in their system. A really nice man (who shall remain nameless) was very sympathetic to our situation and said he would do some searching and see if he could find her a room somewhere. At this point she was willing to take anything just to get some sleep.

I went back to our room and Mom was pretty stressed out, even talking about going home early. I felt so bad, I know she was on her last leg with no sleep and all the teenage insanity. I am immune to the boys bickering and constant joke telling, but I could tell she was ready to run away screaming. Then the phone rang and the very nice CM asked me to come back to the desk to talk. I left the room and he was standing down at the end of the hallway waiting for me. The first thing he said was "Don't cry". Which freaked me out because I didn't know what I might cry about. He said, "I have bad news, I've checked and I can't find any rooms anywhere". Uh oh, now I'm thinking Mom is going to leave and go home for sure. Then she'll be home alone on Christmas all by herself. Now I really am going to cry. :worried: Then he said, "But I have good news, I talked to the manager downstairs and we are going to GIVE YOU the connecting room next door to yours FOR FREE and we want your Mom to get some sleep and you all to have a Merry Christmas together here at the Wilderness Lodge". :eek::eek::eek::eek:

WHAT???????????? :faint::faint::faint:

Well he was right, I started to cry and then he said to stop crying or he was going to cry too. :sad::sad::sad::sad: This was the most wonderful and magical thing I've ever experienced in all my stays at WDW resorts. I still can't even believe it. Who gets a free room????? I've never ever heard of it happening before. He handed me a key card to the room and I ran back down, went into the new room, opened up the connecting door, knocked on the door, my oldest son opens it and I just run in screaming HE GAVE US THIS ROOM FOR FREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: Everyone was shocked, Mom just about passed out, we all jumped up and started dancing in the room and cheering and singing! :dance3:

We spent the rest of our trip in perfect harmony. :goodvibes Mom was able to relax and sleep at night, the kids were able to giggle and be crazy without disturbing her, and the whole thing was absolutely PERFECT!!!! :love:

What an amazing story! Thanks so much for sharing the story and your joy! Have to laugh about the boys - sounds like you're describing our two teen boys (but throw our seriously energetic 7-year-old into the mix) and my parents' reaction to said craziness. I'm bringing this craziness to their small Florida condo in a few days - we'll spend three nights there before heading to Disney. Wish us all luck!! :

That was wonderful pixie dust for sure. How lucky to have the connecting room available in the first place, and then for them to make it free was really extra special. :cheer2:

Beautiful pictures. Nothing but spectacular. Sorry this has been a rough year. You always have such a positive attitude and so much fun.

What wonderful pixie dust!
So glad that mom got to get some sleep and still stay with you all :)

Arrived at Universal today. Crowds aren't bad at all. Actually seems less busy than when I was here last summer. :)

I was on vacation and didn't get a chance to post then, but I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed all your updates and photos. Your special experience with the Old Faithful Club is one of the reasons I feel it's the best WDW CL. The OFC CMs are always going above and beyond to make guests feel extra special and welcome. I think I may know who your special CM was;)

Has the retirement community search started? Doesn't your mom moving to FL make you want to move, too?! I wish you a wonderful 2015 and have a great adult's-only rest of your trip.

I was on vacation and didn't get a chance to post then, but I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed all your updates and photos. Your special experience with the Old Faithful Club is one of the reasons I feel it's the best WDW CL. The OFC CMs are always going above and beyond to make guests feel extra special and welcome. I think I may know who your special CM was;)

Has the retirement community search started? Doesn't your mom moving to FL make you want to move, too?! I wish you a wonderful 2015 and have a great adult's-only rest of your trip.

After WDW we spent 5 days at The Villages and I am ready to retire too! :lmao: That place is like living in Disney World full time. :cloud9: Now we are back in Orlando staying at Universal for four days. What could be better than spending the entire winter break in Florida??? ;) My master plan of not having to spend any of my break in cold weather. :thumbsup2

I've got a question for you WDWKOOK, my Mom loved the WL CL oatmeal! Do you know how they make it? Is there a secret? I knew you'd be the best person to ask! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter