• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hollywood & What the ?????? LONG!!

SpectroMouse

Mouseketeer
Okay, I have to share my experience at Hollywood & Vine a few weeks ago!

Our waitress was unbelievable -- In the way that your jaw drops and makes you think this has got to be a joke!

The Beginning: We were a large party of 14, who ended up waiting over an hour and a half past our ADR time because they needed to clear enough space for such a large party, slightly irritating, but not enough to get all worked up about, until we get seated and are actually at two different tables anyway? Luckily we are happy enough just to be able to sit down and eat after all that time standing outside the restuarant in the heat! We don't complain at all!!

Our party of 14 now becomes a table of 6 adults and 1 infant ~Our waitress comes over and seems to be a little bit of a "character", but we give her our drink orders and don't think twice about it, until we get back from the buffet with our plates and she still has not come back with drinks! She finally shows about the time we are through with our first plates, she stands at the head of our table behind our baby and hands drinks to whoever is on the end and says "Hand these to who ordered them" Okay, we are really irritated that a waitress at a buffet can not even serve drinks, but we were really all to busy giving each other the can you believe this look to complain!

After a second trip to the buffet, we are in desperate need of drink refills, we flag down our waitress, we were at the last table on the back wall next to the enterance of the hallway with the shared bathrooms. To the right of our table, behind a short wall is the counter where the waitstaff gets beverages. Our waitress leans over the person in our party closest to that wall and yells to another server, I need refills, fill these glasses for me! The other server gives a dagger look, but fills our glasses, and as our server hands them back, again to the person on the end, she says to us "Do you want anything else while I am up?" Are you kidding me that she just said that to us??

Wait, there is still more: You would think that that would have been enough, but there is a topper! One member of our party got a second helping of a vegetable pasta that had broccolli in it, after eating a few bites, she notices a small worm!! - Okay, everyone is totally grossed out, but figure that it is from the broccolli not being washed well! Not a huge deal, but I insist we mention it to the waitress, as they should pull that pan of food from the buffet! So we flag her down and show her the small worm! Can you imagine how she responded? She says "At least we are not serving spinach in the salad bar" AND that is all she says! No I am so sorry, No I will let the kitchen know! NOTHING!

We were on the free dining plan, so did not expect "a free meal", but I am now really irriatated that I did not complain to a manager! Do think it is to late to send in a complaint (It has been 2 weeks) The worst part is that we were on the dining plan, so she still got a nice tip!

We must have had the same waitress a couple years ago there. She actually sat down at a table next to us and chatted with the people there for half an hour before coming over to take our drink order! Oh and the manager was just as bad at the time. Hopefully they have someone new there. Sorry you had to endure that.

Ok and the worm?? That is just nasty!

Ugh! That is too bad that you had bad service, especially with Disney's big promotion of Magical Gatherings, you would think that they would be more prepared for larger groups with ADR's.

You should have made a complaint to the manager. I have worked in restaurants, and the customer's opinion is very important when it comes to a poor server. Especially, the WORM should have attracted the manager's attention, if the server told him/her about it.

I really wish I hadn't seen this thread. I am changing my ADR from here to somewhere else. :sad2:

Oh to me that is just UNACCEPTABLE service in WDW!!! I would DEFINITELY email or write about this right away - don't put it off any longer. I would think that WDW would take every complaint seriously, and at least offer you a written apology for your experience. I'd be more upset over the lack of service from your waitress (and her flippant attitude that you were inconveniencing her) than over the worm - hey it happens at some point in every restaraunt - but to not even apologize for the worm was just plain wrong!

omg a worm!! that is horrible. this is the one restaurant bf and I will never return too. we had horrible service there and the food was not good at all and we are not picky eaters or food snobs (not saying anyone on here is). our waitress was also subpar. maybe you had mine?

:eek: :scared: :crazy2: That is horrible! What an awful experience, sorry you and your family had to experience that. I think you should still let Disney know about what happened, I'm sure they'd want to know about it. :sad2:

So sorry to hear about your experience. It's not too late to call or email Disney. As long as the employee is still there, it is never too late. Disney does want to know about these things. That is what they told me. We had a bad experience at B&C to the point that I thought we were on Candid Camera or something, so I have an idea of what you went through. Good luck!

Tink

UGH! There is no excuse for the service you got. I would still write a letter even though its been a while. I would definately complain. As far as the worm, ick. Gross I know, but it happens when you get fresh veggies. But the reaction and attitude of the waitress was wrong.

Oh boy.....,

I'm definitely marking this down as the "stay far away from" place.

I guess you could look on the bright side.....from the sound of things, she was quite the character and could have charged for the "free" worm. :rolleyes1

And yes.... my jaw did drop!!!!

First, I would not have accepted the waitresses response and attitude. I would have asked to speak with the manager. It's never to late to send a letter of complaint in. Hope you have dates, times, and names to go along with it.

This will not make me cancel and upcoming adr here. Mistakes happen all the time everywhere. It's how one goes about getting the results they are happy with. How often do you about someone finding a worm in their food? This is the first I've read about it here and I've been on these boards for a few years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter