How do you lug around mister fans?

auntsue

DIS Veteran
I bought a mister fan, and while it is not enormous, I imagine it is a pain to lug around the parks all day. I don't see any way to put a cord on it. Is it worth carrying around? I am taking a very small backpack into the parks, so it won't fit in there. What do you do?

Ours had straps attached to them, but we found it annoying to carry them around. No one wanted to carry them so we just took off the little fan and used that. We travel light at the parks and it was just too much trouble to keep finding places for the misters when we were on and off rides.

I always brought a backpack with me to store things like guidebook, camera, poncho, etc. I tied the strap to my bag(tie it to the hook on top of the bag that you would use to hang it) and the bottle hangs from there so when I'm hot, I just reach around and squirt myself. Very easy!

I just bought one with a strap, but I too was wondering whether I'd really want to carry it around. I figured I'd test it out at the ballgame this weekend.

We used mister fans one time and one time only. I think they are a pain to lug around. The less you have to carry, the cooler you will be. That is my motto.

We use the mini-mister/fans. They are only about 6"long and work just fine at keeping us cool - they come with a cord to hang around your neck, or can easily be tucked into a fanny pack - and are easy to refill at the water fountains. It's been a couple of years since I bought them, since ours have held up through a few trips - got them at HomePlace, which has since closed - anyone else seen these small misters lately? - I agree - I would not carry the big ones around all day, either!

I bought a mini fan at the ASmo resort. I loved it. It did not have water, just a fan but it was very powerful, cooled us off and fit into my fanny pack.

I bought our pocket size mister fans at Wal-mart. They have a handy little strap to go around your wrist or, as the name says, they are small enough to fit into your pocket. And, you can take the fan out and just take that which has a clip for your shirt or shorts pocket! They were about $6 ea.

We bought them and had great plans of using them to keep cool on our last summer trip....did not happen!! We carried them one day and found them to be such a pain to lug around they got left back at the hotel. Another thing we found is that misting yourself with water, once you stop you are then hot and sticky, rather than just hot....A waste of money we thought. Get a small pocket fan if you feel you need one, we were happier without them.

Another annoying thing is other people and kids who do not watch where they are spraying their mister fans and bottles and soak you with them...:mad: :mad: :mad:

Ours usually ended up in the bottom of the stroller when no one was using them. I did tie one to my cargo shorts "hammer hanger" thing at one point in time. Was kind of awkward, but I didn't have to carry it. I found the squirter part kept my 2 1/2 year old occupied in some lines. She would squirt my legs or arms and rub the water around, usually didn't let her use the fan part in line though. They do sell tiny fans at the parks for $6 or so also, the 9 year old with us bought one of those and really liked it.

My DH bought hooks from the hardware and just hooks it to our fanny pack belts.

We found them to be a pain in the neck!! It was so hot, no one wanted to carry them. We just hung them from the handles of my umbrella stroller. We brought them twice and then left them in the hotel, we couldn't be bothered, too bulky to lug around IOHO!!;)

Ours has a strap. It's the only thing we ask DS to carry, and that works for us. :) On rides it goes into the tote bag with everything else. :)

We were trying to find where you get the little children volunteers that seem to be carrying these around for everyone. My sis & I do not have children, but they really seemed interested in this activity, so any volunteers, please step up! :rolleyes:
Ok, just kidding, we haul them around, then usually say I'm not carrying it anymore and wind up going without it, and coming home with several of these mister-bottles with fans, Do they multiply? :confused: MKY:smooth:

What about buying one of the souvenir bottle straps at the park? Couldn't they be used on most models? Ours came with a strap. We also alternate with the mini-mister. I know they are a pain, but in the heat of the day in the summer, I wouldn't be caught without one. Then, when things cool of -- it goes into the locker with any of our other junk.

We also have 2 mini misters that we keep on hand or in the fanny pack. They work just as well -- but you do have to refill water more often. Only a problem in the summer when the heat is truly oppresive.

If you don't want to lug one, just go up to where they sell them. They usually have them in a bucket with ice and water in one. You can take a "test" squirt. Cheaper that way, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter