Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Combination of E-books and Audiobooks

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Combination of All 3

Votes: 21 14.1%
  • I don't like to read

Votes: 4 2.7%

• Total voters
I’ve always been 100% against ebooks, but I was really hurting during quarantine. I love the library and I go once a week. Some of you are convincing me to at least give them a try.
Other than print books, I love audiobooks for when I’m exercising, cleaning, weeding, etc. Listening to a book has actually made me look forward to doing chores.

I started reading ebooks on my iPad. I use the Libby app for borrowing. Decided to spring for an actual Kindle a couple of months ago and I love it. I still borrow from the library. It’s light and I can read late after my husband goes to sleep without bothering him.

I still buy plenty of actual books and I’m ready to get back to the library soon. I love having the extra option of ebooks, though.
Totally agree on audiobooks. I loved them when I commuted for work, or on road trips, cleaning, etc. A good narrator makes all the difference!

I prefer actual books over e-books, but sometimes e-books are more convenient. I like to listen to audiobooks when driving back-and-forth to work and on long car trips, especially if I’m driving by myself.

Mostly e-books now. But I have quite a collection of books too. I hope I can get to them all.
I don't buy "books" and more......now just e-books. So easy to carry around and takes so much less room.
Got my first Kindle before a Transatlantic cruise so I could carry a lot of books with me

I still read print books, now only borrowing them from the library as I am trying not to buy any more “stuff”. I never bought a lot of books, just some older ones or classic ones. Not ones I knew or thought I would only read once.

I listened to a few audiobooks during commutes a number of years ago, and some were OK, some were not so good, a lot depending on the narrator. I still haven’t tried e-books yet. Though I think our library system has e-book lending capability. But it sounds like an e-book reader might make that experience more enjoyable.

I can't do audio books, my mind wanders too much and I miss it. All my books are on kindle. I like that I can change the font size and I don't need a lamp to read at night. Plus the kindle version is usually cheaper than print. I can borrow e-books from the library at any time instead of having to go in on their hours.

Both of my kids have kindles and they only use them for games because they prefer to read print books.

I still read print books, now only borrowing them from the library as I am trying not to buy any more “stuff”. I never bought a lot of books, just some older ones or classic ones. Not ones I knew or thought I would only read once.

I listened to a few audiobooks during commutes a number of years ago, and some were OK, some were not so good, a lot depending on the narrator. I still haven’t tried e-books yet. Though I think our library system has e-book lending capability. But it sounds like an e-book reader might make that experience more enjoyable.
I have the Kindle app on my iPad fine tuned for reading but my Kindle is much more enjoyable and way easier on the eyes. It’s definitely a better experience.

What are you reading them on?

I have a tablet. I've tried all kinds of ways but it probably boils down to the fact that I should get a real pair of glasses and not just cheaters :) And probably update my technology. Maybe, subconsciously don't want to use E-Readers so I psychosomatically think my eyes hurt ;):) I just love a good solid book :)

I voted combo. Although my "combo" is like 80% print books, 15% e-books, and 5% audio-books at most, leaning towards 100% print books at times.

I can read off of my kindle for a few months solid, then not use it for a year. And as a family we only ever listen to audio books in the car on longer trips--say at least 4 hours round trip. Then when the trip is over, if the book isn't done, we'll keep it in the car and listen to it whenever we're all together in the car until we finally finish it, LOL.

I have a tablet. I've tried all kinds of ways but it probably boils down to the fact that I should get a real pair of glasses and not just cheaters :) And probably update my technology. Maybe, subconsciously don't want to use E-Readers so I psychosomatically think my eyes hurt ;):) I just love a good solid book :)
I get it, sometimes I miss them but then I try to read and realize I’m blind. 😂

FWIW I don’t use readers because I can make the font as big as I want. A tablet will strain your eyes when reading because it’s back lit but a Kindle is front lit. That plus e-ink makes the difference as far as eye strain goes.

I usually read ebooks because it's easier for me. I'm dyslexic and having control of the background color makes reading easier. White backgrounds are really hard for me to read on.

Definitely all of the above. I enjoy a hard copy and it still feels natural to have a book in my hand. I work part time at a library, so in normal times it's easy for me to get hard copies. I like e-books when I am away from home and now I've gotten so used to them than I use them for reading in bed late at night. I listen to audio books in the car because I do an 8 hour drive fairly often and the book helps the drive seem so much less tedious.

Print only, altho I may look into getting some sort of Kindle. I never buy books anymore as my counties headquarters library is 2 miles from my home & on my way to & from work. I love going there but usually just put books on hold & just run by & pick them up.
While they were closed I did try to read an ebook on my desktop (no longer have a laptop) & it was a pain cause I was confined to that one area, lol. Do not even want to think about reading on my phone.

What ever print books I can find for a dollar, on Dollar color code thursdays at the goodwill store. Sticking to the strategy will definitely broaden your horizons on every genre

I gravitate towards nerdy non-fiction articles, essays & papers so no ebooks, if I do enjoy fiction its all audio while I am driving. I do LOVE the feel and smell of books and old libraries, like in Boston, problem is print doesn't keep up anymore.

Audio books aren't reading. They are listening.

You're still reading. Many people with visual disabilities exclusively use "read aloud apps" and audio books. The information enters your brain either way. It is still considered reading. My son has issues with obtaining information from reading whereas if he just has to listen, he absorbs and can comprehend much better. He uses assistive technology at school that reads aloud for him.

If I sit and listen to an entire book using Audible, and someone asks me if I read that book, the answer would be "yes." I would be able to talk about the book the same way as someone who read using their eyes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter