• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How far is the walk.. and tips

BTW, here is where I personally would decide on Park hopper or not. On those days tehy both open same time, DCA closes at 10PM, DL at Midnight. If I would make use of the extra 2 hours at DL then I would get PH. But if you do DL the first day til midnight, and DCA the second day, you may be beat by 10PM and ready for a break :) something to think about.

We do have AAA and I used it to save $$. Great tip. We are going to CA first on July 11 because DL has EMH/MM. Then we'll do DL on the 12th. CA is open 8 am-10 pm. DL is 8 am-12 am. I don't know if we'll make it all the way till midnight on our DL day, but we may. I know we won't go over to DL on our CA day at 10 PM. We'll be too tired. This is why it's so hard for me to decide.

I wouldn't bother with Park hoppers if you are only going 2 days. There is a lot to do in CDL that you will be busy all day. I don't ride CS or GOTG and can still fill my day with things to do. There's still TSMM, Sourin, Grizzly river run, the little mermaid in addition to what others have stated. Make sure to see the Frozen musical as it's really good.
I tend to agree with this. To me parkhoppers are not worth it for 2 day trips. They become more worthwhile for each additional day starting on 3 days. My two cents.

:wizard:

We do have AAA and I used it to save $$. Great tip. We are going to CA first on July 11 because DL has EMH/MM. Then we'll do DL on the 12th. CA is open 8 am-10 pm. DL is 8 am-12 am. I don't know if we'll make it all the way till midnight on our DL day, but we may. I know we won't go over to DL on our CA day at 10 PM. We'll be too tired. This is why it's so hard for me to decide.

When you book the room on their site, just enter DIS in the promo code box. If you've already booked just show them your card at checkin. They have always been friendly and helpful at the front desk.

Don't discount those late night hours at DL. Someone mentioned doing Pirates early because of lines. I somewhat disagree. Pirates is a 10 minute ride. Waiting in a short line plus those 10 minutes is a lot of time to "lose" in the morning. Pirates is a virtual walk on after 11PM. So is Haunted Mansion.

We just got back. Stayed at the Sheraton and it was not bad. Longer walk than we're used to but I liked being on that side of Harbor. Walking past CCI made me think that may be our next stop. The walk looks so easy and no crossing the street. Just a Disney bus driveway that you can cross against the light very easily.

We went for two days with the same plan to start at 8AM at the park opposite early entry. It worked well in the AM but we did hop on both days. I can't imagine being tied down to one park all day/night when they are so close. With only two days, hoppers were a must for us.

As for tickets, look into getting a free membership to LMT Club (Last Minute Travel). The tickets we bought there were cheaper then AAA and certainly cheaper than buying at the gate or through the app.

Thanks SteveMP.
Darthmole, glad to hear the walk is so close. With park hopping, did you still do everything you wanted to? If we can make it till midnight, we will. I know at WDW, the parks empty out after 10 pm and so much is a walk on.

Yes, we got to do everything we wanted. One goal was GOTG and the hoppers allowed us to start our Monday at DL and hop over to DCA at 9:30 to get a fastpass for a late afternoon ride. This was after going on Star Tours, Buzz, Matterhorn, Autopia, and Space Mountain at DL. We then tackled Cars, Cove Bar for Lunch, GRR, and picked up FP for TSMM for that evening as well. Break, then back to DCA to ride GOTG, TSMM, and Screamin. Hop back to DL for Pirates, Star Tours, Buzz, Autopia and some shopping before ending the night a bit early around 11PM. More hopping the next day including a midnight ride on Pirates. We probably only missed Soarin from the list of things I normally do with this group but we didn't make it a priority at all. We'd have been handcuffed with one park per day tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter