How fast it all changed.

I'm so very sorry. He's at peace now. My prayer is for you and your children to find peace and comfort.

I'm so very sorry. May your beloved husband rest eternally in the arms of the angels, and may you and your children find peace and comfort in the knowledge that he is at peace in those arms.
Those of us who have been following your story can only hope that we would handle this situation the same way you have...with incredible dignity and love.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm glad you and your children were able to spend the time with him that you needed while he was at peace and no longer struggling. Hopefully those memories will help you all in the coming days as you try to find a new normal for all of you after this terrible tragedy. Selfishly I also hope you'll continue to update us all and vent as you need to in the coming days/months. Definitely keeping you and your strong family in my thoughts and prayers.

My love and prayers have been with you during your husband’s last journey. You’ve handled each challenge with love and strength and grace and now I wish you peace as you cope with what comes next. You are certainly an inspiration for all those struggling with similar situations. Thank you for sharing your journey and for your honesty and truth.

So very sorry for your loss Rodeo. It's unimaginable how quickly this unfolded, giving you so little time to prepare. May God bless you with the strength to endure the road ahead. You've already shown remarkable courage, dignity, and grace throughout this ordeal. I pray for strength for your children as well. Please know that your Dis family is here to support you on this journey.

At Rest. And our protector until the end.

Everything we thought we were planning for didn't happen. They called at 12:09 to say his breathing had changed - had become very rapid and laboured. The nurse still thought he had until morning but because I had stressed DD wanted to be there she thought it best to call. We got up and ready and arrived at the hospice at 12:34. He had taken his last breath while we were driving there. The nurses had freshened him up while we were coming and told him we were on our way. He had other plans. He waited until after midnight - until dad's birthday was over, but didn't let us witness his distress.

DD didn't get to have her last words while he was alive. Both kids wanted to see him. I asked DS if he was sure - it would be very unsettling as he hadn't seen him in a week. He did. I told DD his spirit would still be there for a time after his passing. She could still say what she needed to say. So she did. She asked for time alone and said what she had planned to say. Then DS went in and spoke with him also. We all sat with him after that. The nurse brought us each a butterfly ornament with a poem / saying attached and DS decided he wanted DH to touch his. He actually moved his hand up and placed the ornament under his hand for a while. DD asked me to do the same with hers. We took a picture of just his hands holding the butterflies.

In the end it was the one who didn't want to see his dad in his final moments, didn't want to see what he looked like at the end, who didn't want to leave. He asked for private moments several more times, DD asked for one last moment also. In all we spent about 90 minutes with him at peace. I'm so proud of my kids for doing what they needed, taking the time to allow themselves closure.

35 days that changed our lives and who each of us are, forever.

Tears..may God hold all of your hearts in his hands in the weeks ahead...how blessed he was to have such a beautiful family , how blessed you were to have this man as your protector. We’ve lived these 35 days with you..and will keep you in our thoughts and prayers always.

Oh rodeo. I am heartbroken for you and your children. I am wishing you and your family peace in the coming days and weeks of grief. :hug:

Rodeo I've been following your journey and you are a very strong woman. I am so sorry for the loss of your dear husband. I pray you and your children find peace. May your husband rest with the Lord as he watches over you all.

Rodeo I am so very so for you loss. Many :hug: to your and your children in the days to come. You will always be in the thoughts and prayers of your disboard family.

I woke up last night at 12:22 am having a strong feeling of you and your DH - reading your post it had to be right around the time he passed.

You are now a part of our lives, we've all lived these days with you, prayed with you, cried with you. Your amazing grace and strength will never be forgotten.

May you, your son and your daughter feel the comfort of the loving memories you've had. You husband is at peace. He will forever be with all of you - don't forget that.

Please keep posting here. We all care and want to make sure you are doing ok.

Whatever we can do please ask. Gentle hugs.

I have been following along although I haven't posted. I am sending you and your children thoughts and prayers in this difficult time.

I am so so sorry for your loss, you and your children are in my thoughts. It does change oh so fast =(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter