• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How good is Regal Eagle bbq?

Polite Pig is better. Regal Eagle is not good and I’m from Kansas City.
I was stupid enough to believe the BBQ would be good.
Love the comment recommending The Texas Toast !
The French Bakery is still good but the crepes are not at the Creperie but it was a nice place to sit indoors.

I ask because we are from Memphis, home to arguably some of the best bbq in the country....but the food looks good and I'm intrigued to try it out. My wife scoffed at me when I mentioned I would maybe like to try some of the food there on our trip next spring.
Okay....let's start from here....it's NOT Memphis good. But...I really enjoyed it. I like the Carolina plate the best, I think, but that's Waaaaay different from Memphis bbq. But that's what I love about bbq....Texas, Kansas City, Carolina.....all different and all NUMMY!!!

I guess I was just disappointed with the fake bbq smoke pit out front with fake smoke … Made me expect fake bbq too.

Add me to the disappointed with Regal Eagle list. Dry. Bland. Questionable portions and pricing. I feel like Disney's been knocking it out of the park with their new restaurant additions but this not one of them.

Polite Pig and Flame Tree are certainly better. Hope the new BBQ coming to Toy Story fares better as well.

I thought it was just okay. I prefer a regional chain restaurant bbq instead, but that's just me.

I ask because we are from Memphis, home to arguably some of the best bbq in the country....but the food looks good and I'm intrigued to try it out. My wife scoffed at me when I mentioned I would maybe like to try some of the food there on our trip next spring.

I thought it was pretty bad. Far worse than Flame Tree. Definitely below average QS for world showcase. Would not go back.

From what I can see it is way better than the previous offerings at American Adventure. Will probably give it a try on our next trip.

I just want to say that I think it’s a disgrace that this is USA’s contribution to the WS . The stuff served here is great for one of those national chains that proliferate the landscape.

I think if you are used to really good BBQ you will be disappointed. We enjoyed it, but there is no good BBQ in Pittsburgh, so we don't expect much. LOL It's not horrible, but I don't think it will be any where near what you are used to having in terms of quality.

I'm also from central NC. Does that qualify me to judge BBQ? Maybe? :rotfl2: We all really enjoyed Regal Eagle, but we're also big Muppets fans, so thats the 1st reason we wanted to try it. I was pleasantly surprised with the NC Smoked butt platter. I had to try it just to compare to back home. Of course I prefer vinegar based (eastern NC) BBQ sauce to the ketchup based sauce (found in western NC). So that could have had something to do with it too. We really liked the mac and cheese and baked beans too. It's not the best BBQ I've ever had, but if you enjoy BBQ and the Muppets, I'd definitely give it a try!

Last edited:
Depends on where you are from. I am from Texas, best BBQ in the nation in my opinion, and I didn't care for Regal. Since you are from Memphis, I would probably skip that place since you have great BBQ there. Again, depends on where you are from.

It was some of the worst bbq I've ever had. If you must eat BBQ on property Polite Pig is where you want to go. I am however a sucker for the pulled pork cheese fries at Flame Tree. Though I haven't had the 4 Rivers Food truck at DS I did enjoy my meal at 4 Rivers off property.

4 Rivers gets my vote if you are local or don't mind going off property. Polite Pig is also acceptable, and admittedly the beer selection and ambience are both better.

Some suspension of disbelief really helps when eating on property. It often won't be truly authentic or a good value (the latter is a given), but I usually still have a great time anyway. :)

... The ribs were disappointing.

View attachment 613430
:) Nabas, thanks for the picture. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. I was wondering about this restaurant. Yeah, good picture. Don't see a true smoke ring, meat looks dry, not sure the fat looks reduced, making me think the bark may be more seasoning than from smoking.... on the good side, Texas toast does look good

Well, I’m from Texas and I’m going to have to say it’s not good (we have GREAT bbq in TX). But the Texas toast was fine, and probably the best part of the meal 😉.

Well, I’m from Texas and I’m going to have to say it’s not good (we have GREAT bbq in TX). But the Texas toast was fine, and probably the best part of the meal 😉.

While I agree with you the bbq at Regal Eagle is not good, being from Texas does not make one a bbq expert. I too am from Texas and have friends who eat awful bbq and claim its the best. haha.

I count myself as a BBQ snob. I like the Regal Eagle. It's much better than most theme park BBQ places. Flame Tree I'm looking at you (Awful) They offer different BBQ sauces that you can try. I would not get the ribs stick to the pork or brisket sandwich.

I do not care for the Polite Pigs BBQ it's just okay for me. The sides were good but I don't go there a lot.

Who has the best BBQ in the country is a long and controversal Debate. Especially in the south.

Off-topic, we will be at the Kimmel tomorrow night with tickets to Hamilton. Good Italian in a walking distance?? TY!

I’m from the Philly area where some of the best food in the country is, including Italian. I never attempt to eat anything Italian while at Disney because I know I can cook it myself or have it out locally back home. Although due to ADR availability, I did do Mama Melrose once which IMO was just ok. If you’re from Memphis, I would have the same mindset and not even think about it with all the other great selections available. I did try the brisket sandwich at Regal Eagle last yr and it wasn’t bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter