• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How good is Regal Eagle bbq?

Off-topic, we will be at the Kimmel tomorrow night with tickets to Hamilton. Good Italian in a walking distance?? TY!

Since you’ll be on Broad St. I highly recommend taking the Broad St line south to Oregon Ave and Scannicchios is a block away. If not, Giorgio on Pine is a good choice. Couple of blocks east of Kimmel.

While I agree with you the bbq at Regal Eagle is not good, being from Texas does not make one a bbq expert. I too am from Texas and have friends who eat awful bbq and claim its the best. haha.
You may have noticed I didn’t use the word “expert” :). Or the word “best”. But you are exactly right - and I know some of those same people!!

I'm also from central NC. Does that qualify me to judge BBQ? Maybe. :rotfl2: We all really enjoyed Regal Eagle, but we're also big Muppets fans, so thats the 1st reason we wanted to try it. I was pleasantly pleased/surprised with the NC Smoked butt platter. I had to try it just to compare to back home. Of course I prefer vinegar based (eastern NC) BBQ sauce to the ketchup based sauce (found in western NC). So that could have had something to do with it too. We really liked the mac and cheese and baked beans too. It's not the best BBQ I've ever had, but if you enjoy BBQ and the Muppets, I'd definitely give it a try!
Let's be friends! 😁

Add me to the disappointed with Regal Eagle list. Dry. Bland. Questionable portions and pricing. I feel like Disney's been knocking it out of the park with their new restaurant additions but this not one of them.

Polite Pig and Flame Tree are certainly better. Hope the new BBQ coming to Toy Story fares better as well.
I will say that since it was during F&W, I decided to order a kid's meal and felt like that was the perfect option, especially given the prices. It gave me a fair amount to eat (and, surprisingly, really good and ripe watermelon) and then I had plenty of room for the surreal amount of food I could take on during F&W, lol.

Very disappointed. Really wasn't impressed with Regal Eagle the two times I've eaten there. Some of the sides are decent but the brisket sandwich was dry and thinly sliced from the flat. I also tried ribs, dry. I want to go back and try the chicken and the Pork butt platter before the place goes on my skip list. As already mentioned, being from a state known for smoked meats you'll likely be disappointed.

You may have noticed I didn’t use the word “expert” :). Or the word “best”. But you are exactly right - and I know some of those same people!!
I know(both of us from Texas also) those people too...in fact one is a good friend of mine(always says his brisket is better than mine...Bah... 😆 ).

Thank you!!!!!
Since you’ll be on Broad St. I highly recommend taking the Broad St line south to Oregon Ave and Scannicchios is a block away. If not, Giorgio on Pine is a good choice. Couple of blocks east of Kimmel.

Food is absolutely subjective. Everybody likes what they like. Especially when it comes to things like BBQ or fried chicken. Everyone thinks their local joint, or their MA mass, or their own homemade is the best because it's what their used to or its just their pallette. You may feel differently so go ahead and give it a try.

I can't count how many times someone has GUSHED to me about how so-and-so's Mac and cheese is the best in the planet, only to eat a fork full that I had to politely choke down

I live in NC and most of the "bbq" I've tried tastes like cat food soaked in vinegar, yet the locals RAVE about it.

Bottom line. Try it for yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter