How I finally learned to love The Costume

TheOtherVillainess

Luminous beings we are, not this crude matter.....
I am finished! Finally! (Or how I finally learned to love The Costume)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sept 19,2005
Dmom and Dsis take me to WalMart to spend the gift card they have purchased for me. Since I had recently acquired a lovely 1960's-era sewing machine in very fine condition, I decided I would attempt something that was Way Out Of My League. I would attempt...a costume. And not just ANY costume but a costume similar in fashion to something Liv Tyler wore in LOTR. We bought the material, a forest green light cotton as well as the odds and ends I would need to complete my task. I take take my bag home and think happy thoughts about how lovely I will look in this costume when it's done.

Sept 21, 2005
Work on the costume has begun and it is not as easy as I thought it would be. But still, I am hopeful and full of confidence that even though I cannot sew a lick, I can do this.

Oct 25, 2005 More than a month has passed and I'm not even nearly complete. Not even close. And I've broken all the needles for my sewing machine, so I began sewing the long seams, etc by hand because I am too lazy to go buy more needles. Also too cheap. Little did I know the agony that was in store for me.

Nov 1, 2005 I am having trouble with the side seams and threaten more than once to take my scissors to it. DH takes the half-completed gown and scissors away until I calm down. I swear I will never finish it.

Nov 27,2005 I have decided to take up the project again and begin working on it in fits and starts, putting it away when I get too frustrated.

Jan 21,2006 What with the craziness of the holiday season, I put the gown away for nearly 2 mos before I started working on it again.

Feb 19, 2006 I am now nearly 3/4 of the way done with it. Yay.

April 19,2006 I finally get around to completeing the gown and begin work on a cloak to go with it.

April 21,2006 I add the finishing touches to the cloak and go swooping around the house in it, feeling very superhero-y.

TOV

We need a picture of "the costume" :wizard:

Congratulations for all of your perserverance and hard work!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter