How is Mackey Mouse

It was her idea for this board for everyone to receive support with their struggles. Now it is our turn to show our support for Marsha and her family.

RIP Marsha. She's now free of pain and with her beloved Tommy.
:littleangel:

Oh, such sad news for all left behind, but what glorious news for Tom & Marsha reunited for eternity. RIP Marsha. Thank you for all the comfort. God Bless all the family left behind.

Marsha was much loved, a wonderful woman. I am so glad I met her once. She will be missed.

I would like add my best wishes and support to all who are hurting right now. May she RIP.

Really, really depressed to hear this news. My condolences to the family. She was a wonderful, warm woman who always had some comfort for people on this board. I'm sure sorry she had to go through all the health troubles for her and her husband over the years.

Thanks for the update safetymom - even though it's not the one we hoped for. Rest in peace sweet, sweet lady. You will not be forgotten.

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of Marsha. I'm very saddened. I will always remember the kindness and thoughts she brought here for everyone. I will keep her family in my prayers.

I am so sorry to hear this news. Marsha and I both lost our husbands to pancreatic cancer. She was very supportive to me during my husband's illness and after his death. She was a dear woman. RIP Marsha.

I first met Marsha here on the DIS the summer of 2000. We were both fans of a brand new show "Survivor" and shared our delight of Disney and Survivor in the DIS Chat Room.

That September when my DH passed suddenly, there was Marsha driving up to New Hampshire to visit at his wake to comfort me. We had never met in person, but that began a long friendship outside of the internet.

Two months later she and Tommy were with me and my girls on a week long Carribbean cruise. She brought me back to life from the depths of despair. But that is the kind of woman Marsha was. She knew how to "Go for the Gusto" as she would always tell me to do. We bonded as we were "city girls" both raised in the Boston area.

We continued to attend local DIS meets together, go shopping, have lunch, even spend Christmas Eve together one year at her home with her lovely daughters and her Tommy. She was caring, compassionate, yet fun loving, down to earth and "told it like it is". At one point we discovered through our long talks that Tommy was actually a second cousin of my mom's. That really made us feel like our friendship was "meant to be" even more.

We also planned trips together to WDW where we would spend time at our jointly beloved passion - anything Disney. One year we were "snowed in" as the Northeast was hit with a blizzard and we were stuck with cancelled flights. We were ecstatic as we had more days at WDW! When she was able to get flights back to Logan which had opened up, but I was not as NH was still closed, she helped me get onto her flight to Boston and Tommy and she drove me and my girls all the way up to Manchester NH in the aftermath of the storm to my car at the airport there. They would not hear of me trying to rent a car myself to do it, or make other plans. They were both there for me no questions asked.

The memories go on and on, but I wanted to share just a sample here with you all. Marsha's legacy will spread far and wide - from her "Disney" friends to the many folks she befriended duriing Tommy's and her own cancer battles. Her touch was felt not only around the country, but around the world.

I learned many life lessons from Marsha and I will always remember her, though another piece of my heart broke off and died with her July 13, 2012.

So so sad to see this news! RIP Marsha and thank you for all the kindness you showed us over the years. You will be missed! :sad1:

I first met Marsha here on the DIS the summer of 2000. We were both fans of a brand new show "Survivor" and shared our delight of Disney and Survivor in the DIS Chat Room.

That September when my DH passed suddenly, there was Marsha driving up to New Hampshire to visit at his wake to comfort me. We had never met in person, but that began a long friendship outside of the internet.

Two months later she and Tommy were with me and my girls on a week long Carribbean cruise. She brought me back to life from the depths of despair. But that is the kind of woman Marsha was. She knew how to "Go for the Gusto" as she would always tell me to do. We bonded as we were "city girls" both raised in the Boston area.

We continued to attend local DIS meets together, go shopping, have lunch, even spend Christmas Eve together one year at her home with her lovely daughters and her Tommy. She was caring, compassionate, yet fun loving, down to earth and "told it like it is". At one point we discovered through our long talks that Tommy was actually a second cousin of my mom's. That really made us feel like our friendship was "meant to be" even more.

We also planned trips together to WDW where we would spend time at our jointly beloved passion - anything Disney. One year we were "snowed in" as the Northeast was hit with a blizzard and we were stuck with cancelled flights. We were ecstatic as we had more days at WDW! When she was able to get flights back to Logan which had opened up, but I was not as NH was still closed, she helped me get onto her flight to Boston and Tommy and she drove me and my girls all the way up to Manchester NH in the aftermath of the storm to my car at the airport there. They would not hear of me trying to rent a car myself to do it, or make other plans. They were both there for me no questions asked.

The memories go on and on, but I wanted to share just a sample here with you all. Marsha's legacy will spread far and wide - from her "Disney" friends to the many folks she befriended duriing Tommy's and her own cancer battles. Her touch was felt not only around the country, but around the world.

I learned many life lessons from Marsha and I will always remember her, though another piece of my heart broke off and died with her July 13, 2012.

Thank you so much for sharing such touching memories. I never met Marsha in person, but had a couple private message conversations with her. IMO she was an easy person to feel a connection with. I have missed her presence on the boards. CarolannC- I am so sorry for your heartbreak. True friendship can swell our heart with love, and break it with sorrow. I am glad you had so much swelling of your heart, and I pray the break will mend together as you remember such a special friendship... leaving only a slight bruise. :hug:
Prayers to all whos hearts Marsha helped to swell. Especially her children & grandchildren.

:sad1::sad1:So sorry to hear of Marsha's passing I followed her & her beloved Tommy story and so wished for a better outcome for both. R.I.P Marsha thank you for your support of us all these years you and your family were a blessing to us all. You will be greatly missed. Mary

If you haven't seen this from Webmaster Alex.

The boards will be going down in tribute

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marsha Coughlin "Mackey Mouse" was a moderator on the disboards and a great friend to us all for many years. She passed away recently after a long and brave fight with cancer. We are going to bring the boards down and put up a tribute page on Wednesday from 11am to noon during her funeral

If you haven't seen this from Webmaster Alex.

The boards will be going down in tribute

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marsha Coughlin "Mackey Mouse" was a moderator on the disboards and a great friend to us all for many years. She passed away recently after a long and brave fight with cancer. We are going to bring the boards down and put up a tribute page on Wednesday from 11am to noon during her funeral

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What a touching tribute. Prayers to all who feel the pain of grief. Thanks for bringing this to our attention Safetymom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter